Advice on a comic book archive project I'm working on?

Discuss SB here!

Moderators: HollyG, Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Skytower

Advice on a comic book archive project I'm working on?

Post by Skytower »

Sorry if this is wrong for the board but I wanted to get proffessional artist opinions. I'm scanning my comic book collection into my mac in case something ever happens. So far I've had no problems but I have noticed that some of the pages from the older ones have some faded color. My scanner came with a program that has a restore option but I'm not sure I like the look of it. So I put up 2 scans from an old Sabrina comic, one just scanned in and one scanned in with the enhance option. I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know what you think. Again sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

http://skytower.deviantart.com/

Skytower

HollyG
Pixie Witch

Re: Advice on a comic book archive project I'm working on?

Post by HollyG »

Are you doing this for Archie?
if not - this is a copyright infringement :-L

Skytower

Post by Skytower »

I'm not doing this for anyone but myself, I'm scanning the comics I have into my computer in case something happens to my collection. Flood, fire, Earthquake... it could all happen and a life time of collecting would be gone, so a while back I decided to scan them all in. Aside from sending a scan to a friend now and then they never leave the hard drive. I'm just asking if it is better to use the enhance option on the scanner.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, while I personally think Holly overreacted, you DID post it on deviantart. :P

Personally, I actually like the unenhanced version better, but I don't know what it looked like originally.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Skytower

Post by Skytower »

Well my memories of buying it are kind of fuzzy, but I'm sure that the ink faded over time. I didn't start to bag and board my comics until the late 1980's.

I put it on DA because I had no other place to put it. Also there are some artist on DA who's opinion I also wanted. I'm not going to leave them up there.

Double post merged. The DAMNed