Whatever Kind of Feminine View You Need

Discuss SB here!

Moderators: HollyG, Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Adamas

Re: Whatever Kind of Feminine View You Need

Post by Adamas »

Hurbster wrote:Well a lot of the what we call English is as a result of the British Isles being invaded by other nations, Normans, Saxons, Vikings ect ect.

And on a side note, as a Brit I am sick to the back teeth of feeling I have to apologise for the actions of my countrymen during that time. So I'm not going to. You would have to make the Germans, Belgian, French, Dutch, Italians, Ottaman, Chinese, Japanese Greeks ect ect apologise for their Empires as well. And don't lets get started on the Mongols and the Hun.
We were speaking of the English language, so I used the British Empire as an example. And the Saxons and such were what I meant when I talked about the Invasions and such. So just Chillax! :ymhug:
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

weisbm

Re: Whatever Kind of Feminine View You Need

Post by weisbm »

On a note more related to the comic:

Holly,

Great job on Cleo's expression in panel 2...reminds me of my Mom at times.

Wookie
_____

"It is better to have a handful of dried dates, and content with that, than to own the gate of peacocks and be kicked in the eye by a broody camel"