Discuss SB here!

Moderators: HollyG, Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Paul
Location: Humble hewn-from-a-small-cliff living quarters deep in Mink Hollow

Oh Boy! Very Splashy!

Post by Paul »

New Pangur Ban strip!

http://schoolbites.net/d/20111118.html

He would like water...most cats I've seen are shaking their legs when they get their feet wet. :D

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Re: Oh Boy! Very Splashy!

Post by Lighthawk »

Heh...that's one of my cats right there. Loves to play in the water bowl. Won't drink straight from the bowl though. He dunks a paw and then licks it.
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

I've got one of the fountain bowls she's replacing.... yeah, they do take a bit of cleaning every couple of weeks to get rid of the icky factor...
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Reminds me of our first cat Frischling (German for baby wild boar ;) ). She dunked her paw into mayonaise jars and stuff to get the goodies out. :x
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Raze1138

Post by Raze1138 »

Lighthawk wrote:Heh...that's one of my cats right there. Loves to play in the water bowl. Won't drink straight from the bowl though. He dunks a paw and then licks it.
My family used to have a cat like that many years ago. I still miss the old suckhole. But I suppose that is the curse of being a cat lover, you can never really let go. =((

HollyG
Pixie Witch

Post by HollyG »

Ravenhull wrote:I've got one of the fountain bowls she's replacing.... yeah, they do take a bit of cleaning every couple of weeks to get rid of the icky factor...
Hey Rave- I read that it is the cause of kitty acne...all the bacteria...and it's impossible to clean-pretty unhealthy-Pangur has been scratching at his li face and not havin happy poos :ymsick: - so I ordered a nice one from etsey
I'm sure it'll be in the strip

HollyG
Pixie Witch

Post by HollyG »

:ymhug:
Raze1138 wrote:
Lighthawk wrote:Heh...that's one of my cats right there. Loves to play in the water bowl. Won't drink straight from the bowl though. He dunks a paw and then licks it.
My family used to have a cat like that many years ago. I still miss the old suckhole. But I suppose that is the curse of being a cat lover, you can never really let go. =((

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

HollyG wrote:
Ravenhull wrote:I've got one of the fountain bowls she's replacing.... yeah, they do take a bit of cleaning every couple of weeks to get rid of the icky factor...
Hey Rave- I read that it is the cause of kitty acne...all the bacteria...and it's impossible to clean-pretty unhealthy-Pangur has been scratching at his li face and not havin happy poos :ymsick: - so I ordered a nice one from etsey
I'm sure it'll be in the strip
I haven't seen a sign of this in my two, or in my ex's five who use a similar model, but I will keep that in mind. Personally, I had thought of swapping to the metal model, though. I had found that occasionally setting it up in the sink with bleach water running through it (rinsing it thoroughly before returning it to service) seems to help.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

HollyG
Pixie Witch

Post by HollyG »

they say it doesn't matter- there's a lot of plastic with the metal drinkwell too- the pump is plastic and warms up the water makes it nice for the ick...
so that's why Im looking forward to a fountain that i don't dump 6 bottles of H2O in and just clean it weekly ;) how come there are to kitty smiles booooo :-L

thaldin

Post by thaldin »

Hmm never thought of that... my dogs and cats share a giant flowing water bowl that pours the stream out into the bowl.

*ponders a replacement*

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

HollyG wrote:they say it doesn't matter- there's a lot of plastic with the metal drinkwell too- the pump is plastic and warms up the water makes it nice for the ick...
so that's why Im looking forward to a fountain that i don't dump 6 bottles of H2O in and just clean it weekly ;) how come there are to kitty smiles booooo :-L

>^.^< or =^.^= is the closest I can come to a kitty smiley.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

someone

Post by someone »

I know a cat like that. A young little queen who really loves water. She doesn't just dunk her paws in the water bawl, no, she stirs it furiously and only starts drinking from the bowl once the waves are high enough (and half the water is outside). Then she just sits happily in the water bowl, soaking her legs, tail and butt.

I have another cat that loves to sit in the bathtub after somebody took a bath or shower; or in the sink after doing the dishes. I think it's not much the water but the warm surface that this one likes.

And they say cats don't like to get wet...

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Had one cat who would never deign to use anything as common as a BOWL! She figured out how to turn the faucet in the kitchen sink on just a trickle, get a drink, maybe wash her face and then turn it off. :-o
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Stonefoot

Post by Stonefoot »

I don't know how much of this you already know, but Fritz Leiber (author of Fantasy, Horror, Science Fiction, Sword and Sorcery (possibly the originator of that term), and Mystery stories and novels) also wrote a number of stories about cats. Especially a cat named Gummitch. In one of these stories, "Kreativity for Kats", written from Gummitch's perspective, his owners provide a very nice bowl of nice fresh water and can not fathom why he insists on drinking from the toilet. He splashes the water from the bowl, marveling at the wonderful reflections of the sunshine on the water, and thinks that he would never merely drink this water... this water is strictly for artistic purposes!
A child of 5 could understand this. Fetch me a child of 5.
If you can get to 50 without growing up, you don't have to.
There are very few personal problems which can't be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.