Mysterious History of the Vampire

Discuss SB here!

Moderators: HollyG, Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Paul
Location: Humble hewn-from-a-small-cliff living quarters deep in Mink Hollow

Re: Mysterious History of the Vampire

Post by Paul »

Holly, like I've said all along, I for one am enjoying the show, and I am happy to find out details when you chose to reveal them. :)

You are welcome, happy to help, and I hope you feel better soon! :ymhug:

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

When one faces unfamiliar input one's mind usually seeks parallels in ready available information.

And hope ya feel better Holly, and thanks for dragging us along on the trip. :x
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

demecowen

Post by demecowen »

sc4r wrote: I'm not going to buy another comic book, or some such, and pay my money to try to understand something that should be introduced to the readers upon their first taste of whatever is making the world spin the way it does. Since there is no area on Cherri, or area about "Holly's Vampires" which I've been able to find online, free of charge, the only other source I have to go on are old videos about classic vampires, and the lore about angels in the bible and other religious texts. Unless Holly, you want to send me every issue of Vampfire, free of charge, then I will happily read them and I may even change my opinions, otherwise, yeah, you need to make a bit more effort to connect to me, other than giving me a name to a comic book which I will have to buy, as opposed to something I can freely read online.

So we've touched the idea, that pro-sera "may" be a vampire, in which case it will be very disappointing to me, if he is one, with feathery-like wings, no-vampiric indications (as opposed to cherri and company from vampires thus far), I'd like to point out, that on his information page it specifically states he is a dark angel anyhow.
~
Professor Seraphis
The Dark Angel that teaches History of Vampires.
Usually his class is too busy drooling over his
gorgeousness to learn anything.
~
Don't hate the players, hate the game, I don't come back here because I want to irk anyone (contrary to how it might seem), I come back here because like every other human being, I have opinions, and for better or worse, I will speak them (albeit I myself am quite ridged, that's just a part of me, and my criticism, everyone will have to learn to appreciate, or take with a grain of salt).

No really, I love you all (as much as I can appreciate artists on the internet who i have never met face to face anyhow, but I can understand the desire to wish to create something, DnD gamers make their own game worlds all the time, and are even inspirations for other works, such as Exiern, which by the way i am quite fond of).. I'm sure your wonderful human beings.

-Critical as always, for your own good-
~Love Scar
This is my first post, and I thought joining or not but your comment needed to be address. Your "criticism" is down right stupid, whining at best L-) . You judge Seraphis by 2 panels and introduction page, you could not at least let him finish his class or find out what he is before you judge him. All because you think Dracula or some other icon should be teaching vampire history instead of him.

yeah that real good critic there. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Also about Holly not following the vampire lore, and this for the people complaining about this as well, get over it. There is no Prime Directive of what is a vampire. Holly is following her own set of rules, which surprise surprise every other writers that made the classic vampires stories and movies did. So either a read vampfire where she got it from and who knows you might have fun reading it or go with the flow. Vlad the impaler did not write down a commandment on a set of stones and told every writer this is how it should be. Why Holly is expected to follow these rules, where it has been broken many times before, is beyond me.

RoninAngel

Post by RoninAngel »

I would totally go gay for that guy... except that I'm already kind of gay. :ymblushing:

This also reminds me of that one Ouran High School Host Club. I love girly things! :ymblushing:
"LIFE is dangerous, Sandi! EMBRACE LIFE!"
Faith Abbot, to Sandi on Magic Chicks.

TakerFoxx

Post by TakerFoxx »

Demecowen, you've posted all of one time and I like you already. ;)
Start running.

Please?

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Wow.. i don't have to do my job of troll smiting today... *Goes back to being lazy and slurping tea*

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Yes, this Demecowan seem to have much potential Sir Bear. Perhaps you should take them as an apprentice. *sips his own tea*
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Hmm.. maybe... Yes... come to the Bear side of the Farce, we have bacons!

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Platypus wrote:On an unrelated note- Why do ALL the MALE characters look like GIRLS??
I actually know quite a few girls who only like guys if they are all out androgynous. Tall, slim, no hair anywhere except on the top of their heads...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

HollyG
Pixie Witch

Post by HollyG »

RoninAngel wrote:I would totally go gay for that guy... except that I'm already kind of gay. :ymblushing:

This also reminds me of that one Ouran High School Host Club. I love girly things! :ymblushing:
LOL!!! :)) ...well I done wanna ruin it...soooo I won't tell you why I REALLY laughed at that thought...
I JUST watch some of Host Club- oh it's so cute! Love it...But my Angel was created back in 1996...so no relevance.

I do love drawing pretty men...Prof. Seph's appearance is based on my husband (another reason why i giggled...and you made him
roll his eyes)...but with long hair ;;)

Thanks guys for all the support!
Honestly...I'm so up to my eyeballs in work that those long criticisms just look like Klingon to me!
I actual write these posts inbetween my Illustrator files saving! (takes it's time 8-| )
Welcome to the house of Nuts Demey!
and I do like bacon...I was taking about how i want to try Voodoo Doughnut's Maple /Bacon Doughnut!
:D
gotta letter Tarot 61 now...
Again thanx for all your support! :ymhug:
Attachments
Portrait of my hubby Jim ,<3
Portrait of my hubby Jim ,<3
DTbacKcover.jpg (82.01 KiB) Viewed 5109 times

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

ooo... Maple bacon doughnuts... *puts in order*

HollyG
Pixie Witch

Post by HollyG »

oh gosh...I wish- they don't deliver by post :(
PS
got special bitty boards cut- your pin up will be in the post Bear O Mine!

Amy of Darkness

Post by Amy of Darkness »

Haha, I feel foolish, I've been waiting for a confirmation email for a while and didn't think to just try and log in :p
This comic is quite enjoyable, and I don't mind waiting to discover the traits of Holly's vampire lore along with our protagonist Cherri. It's cute, quirky and fun, and I'm glad that it hasn't become thick walls of exposition like most comics are wont to do!

:-? I think there was a more graceful way to put forth that opinion, Sc4r. I realize you don't like the concept of fallen angels, but you have to understand this is Holly's world and how she chooses to fashion it may not always gel with your idea of how mythology should work. I myself have made my own mythology as well as stuck with folklore, and I know the temptation to infodump can be strong when met with critiques like yours, but I think Holly is doing a fine job here and I feel you're being a teensy bit unfair making those leaping assumptions based on your obvious bias against a character type rather than the character himself.
Reading your post it seems your trouble with Seraph stems from his being a Dark Angel and "pretty", since we know relatively little about his personality yet. We have seen him before, but we have just MET him. Why not reserve judgment for when he actually does something before calling Gary Stu?
And of course the girls are being superficial, they're young girls with hormones and their teacher is hot. ;) And having Dracula teach that class would be SO LAME. Why should Holly have to use someone else's character instead of developing her own? I don't care if a 10 foot tall blue chimpanzee is teaching vampire history as long as he knows what he's talking about! I don't feel that it's absolutely imperative to know every single little detail right now with the story written the way it is. I write a comic in the supernatural genre as well, I'm not just blowing steam here because what you said irked me as a fan, but it hit me as a writer as well. Not everyone wants the whole shebang right away. I'm 850 pages into the web version story I've been writing since 2002, and I still haven't revealed all that's going on in the world I created! Besides, it's the first day of class in this comic. Unless you own both books and have read ahead, perhaps ya should wait and find out what happens? And if you do own them, pleeease don't spoil things for the rest of us :-$

And Holly, you responded to this all rather gracefully! I don't want to sound like a sycophant on my first post or anything, but I admire that! Some artists I've seen respond to something far less critical with an almighty "Let's see you do better!" and I'm glad to see you don't resort to that ^_^ Now I must be off...have to post that fan art I made soon!

HollyG
Pixie Witch

Post by HollyG »

oooh Amy D...look at your cutey avatar!
I love it!
heehee ;;)
oh can't wait to see your art!
What webcomic do you do..please post link..
me I'm partical to monkey...it's so weird that you brooght it up too!
I just finished lunchie poo and was sipping my coffee thinking of that ol
Gorillas send comic thingie and was wondering if that applied to monkeys- which i enjoy more...(the ones
that sing too)..and the I thought that would make a funny pin up
Cherri with a monkey- cause Jim calls my tiny hats-monkey hats...
yes- I know I need a Vaca 8-}
heehee

HollyG
Pixie Witch

Post by HollyG »

waitaminute
do you do Charby?!
oh- so CUTE! :x