Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

-PP-

Re: 03-03-10 This mirror?

Post by -PP- »

Vampire+Mirror=Reflection?

TakerFoxx

Post by TakerFoxx »

This was addressed in the last comic's thread. It was eventually decided that EC-verse vamps have souls, and therefore reflections.
Start running.

Please?

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

I just had anothe scary thought. Who else is a powerful 'creature of darkness', but is held back by being a inherenty nice person? Nina's 'dark side' being let loose would be scary, but if she had 'dark Chloe' running alongside her? :-ss @-) :ymdevil:
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

hokova

Post by hokova »

I wonder what would Blair see there...
,,Nobody is a villain.It's just the point of view!´´

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

A women's lib activist?? :D
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

albert.aribaud

Post by albert.aribaud »

Don Alexander wrote:A women's lib activist?? :D
[shields ON] Would that qualify as a supernatural creature?
Albert -- would you like to read EC, MC, and DC at least one week late and in French?

IS_Wolf

Post by IS_Wolf »

Ravenhull wrote: but if she had 'dark Chloe' running alongside her?
Hmmm.. Kinda like that vampire Willow from that alternate universe that Buffy went to. =p~

Panchocheesecake

Post by Panchocheesecake »

Why has Nina kept Blair this whole time?
In the sexy way!

Here's a webcomic I gave up on. You might like if you're into military and gaming stuff
http://situationalawareness.smackjeeves.com/

I do not like to eat waffles, so here's my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/KristopherStoltz

Do you have a high level of confusion? I do, so here's my tumblr.
http://panchocheesecake.tumblr.com/

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

'Cuz she's too 'innocent' to recognize what Blair truly is, and immature enough to want to still have her dolly.

JMac85

Post by JMac85 »

TakerFoxx wrote:This was addressed in the last comic's thread. It was eventually decided that EC-verse vamps have souls, and therefore reflections.
Wait, how is having a soul or not related in any way to having a reflection? Inanimate objects have reflections. The whole reflection thing is one of those aspects of vampire lore than always annoyed me. If vampires didn't have reflections, they'd be invisible to the eye as well, because what we see of any object is light reflecting off it. Hell, vampires sparkling in the sunlight makes more bloody sense than that. Suspension of disbelief involving magic and supernatural creatures is one thing, but you cannot negate one aspect of physics without applying it across the board.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

You got to remember that a lot of 'vampire lore' was based on superstition and folk tales, for which the 'laws of nature' were never consulted. When the idea of no reflections came about many moons ago, the no-soul=no reflection thing made sense to them. :-B

nowonmai

Post by nowonmai »

Ravenhull wrote:'Cuz she's too 'innocent' to recognize what Blair truly is, and immature enough to want to still have her dolly.
And Blair represents us, the fans, who would do anything to see a bit more cartoon boob & leg (as he manages to do on regular occasions) though being in the body of a female doll would, I suppose, lead to a fair bit of frustration. That begs the question; is Blair anatomically correct? And did I spell anatomically correct? These questions and more will be answered on tonight's episode of Arthur C. Clark's Mysterious Universe. Don't mind me, I've had a few homemade bourbons.
There is no Devil, that's just God when he's drunk

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

JMac85 wrote:Wait, how is having a soul or not related in any way to having a reflection?
That is what the 'no reflections' thing is based on.

Which is, obviously, ridiculous. People had a lot of stupid ideas about optics back in the day. Such as light coming from the eye.
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Considering what Blair said about his(hers/its?) nose, I would think that it is a 'standard' doll body. Maybe a few rough contours, but nowhere near 'anatomicly correct'.

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

I do believe that the "no reflections" mythology has to do with the way old mirrors were created. A piece of glass was laid flat , then molten silver was poured over it. Once it was cooled, the mirror was then set upright. The smoothness of the glass combined with the shininess of the silver created a mirror. As most magickal (evil) creatures have some aversion to silver in one way or another, it was thought that a vampire would have no reflection *in a silver mirror*
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast