01-03-10 Five minutes straight

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

David Johnston

Re: 01-03-10 Five minutes straight

Post by David Johnston »

Kamino Neko wrote:
'No reflection' is a trait existing in some European myths and carrying through to Dracula and some works based on it, but that's far from universal. Even in works it would be expected in, it, like an aversion to religious symbols, is frequently absent from modern stories. Between mixing it up just to make things harder for the heroes (if anyone who'd read Dracula could detect and defeat the vamp easily, it'd be far less interesting) and the idea being kind of ridiculous - they're physical beings that can be seen by the eye, so of course they have reflections, barring some other factor removing them - it's kind of a no-brainer to drop that one.
Besides, personal grooming, people!

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Dave Zero1 wrote:It's called an "Penanggalan"

Thanks Dave. I suck at names. Which is odd because in high school I could list off a couple dozen differant vampire facts. (Like in Italy one of the tests was to put a virgin lad on a white stallion and let them run through a graveyard. The horse wouldn't cross the vampire's grave) Yay for random monster info! :-bd
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

ama3fan

Post by ama3fan »

I don't even know the name of this new blonde, but she's incredibly cute and I already fell in love with her. And I still love Chloe as well. Where does all this sweetness come from? Soon it's gonna cause me to have diabetes!

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

I guess Nina, being the only one prepared to use the Restroom of Doom was already in an offscreen cubicle.

The surprising thing is that the students are afraid of ghosts when they see one at gym class every other school day. I guess there are ghosts and then there are ghosts.

Kol Drake

Post by Kol Drake »

Even scarier -- my mind immediately supplied a voice to Nina's line -- that being Isabella from Disney's Phineas and Ferb... "what'cha doing?" is her tag line so to speak.

Poor Nina.. we tease her so much...

mac2

Post by mac2 »

I heard exactly the same voice. I don't think it's scary, just really funny.
Yes, it is as bad as you think, and they are out to get you

Everything is significant until proven otherwise.

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Adamas wrote:Actually not all vampiric creatures drink blood.
Yeah, I was going to add a caveat to that effect, but my post was already long and full of parentheses and nitpicks, so I cut it.
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

I just realized how predjudiced those girls are. They insisted on five minutes straight... but what about five minutes gay/lesbian/bisexual? I think a protest is in order!
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

randonimity

Post by randonimity »

Adamas wrote:
Dave Zero1 wrote:It's called an "Penanggalan"

Thanks Dave. I suck at names. Which is odd because in high school I could list off a couple dozen differant vampire facts. (Like in Italy one of the tests was to put a virgin lad on a white stallion and let them run through a graveyard. The horse wouldn't cross the vampire's grave) Yay for random monster info! :-bd
There a sort of "sister" myth to the Penanggalan in the Philippines called a Manananggal where instead of just a head and the spine, the torso severs from the lower body and they prefer to feed on unborn children/fetus but will also drink blood.

/2 centavos

RoninAngel

Post by RoninAngel »

Ravenhull wrote:I just realized how predjudiced those girls are. They insisted on five minutes straight... but what about five minutes gay/lesbian/bisexual? I think a protest is in order!
I was going to make a lame pun about that too, but then I couldn't think of an equivalent of time passing. My boyfriend has been caught saying "Forward, honey, never straight," while driving, eliciting groans from me. 8-|
And yes, this cartoon has far too little fan service. A little lesbian make out scene is just what the doctor ordered.

Well actually I would like to know what kind of monster these girls are even more. I am so curios! My vote is for "monster squibs" or "smobs" for short! :p
"LIFE is dangerous, Sandi! EMBRACE LIFE!"
Faith Abbot, to Sandi on Magic Chicks.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Mayhap they are this school's equal of redshirts?
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

TakerFoxx

Post by TakerFoxx »

Which means they're die horribly by getting eaten by some random monster. And in a school full of random monsters, they are effectively screwed.

Wow, what a dark twist.
Start running.

Please?

TeraS

Post by TeraS »

I can't believe that no one is thinking Star Trek lore on this...

Mirror.
Universe.
Nina.

Be afraid...
Thank you for calling Tera, Queen of the Succubi... Please wait and she will be with you shortly...

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

Nah, they are already living in the mirror universe. Think about it. "Ace" is obviously the name of a BMOC jock. So why's he a butt monkey instead? Because he's the mirror universe version of the real one.