11-01-10 So unfair!

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

albert.aribaud

Re: 11-01-10 So unfair!

Post by albert.aribaud »

Bear wrote:*bookmarks the page like everyone else*
Sheeesh. Make a local copy.
Albert -- would you like to read EC, MC, and DC at least one week late and in French?

Pickel Surprise

Post by Pickel Surprise »

Why's Chloe suddenly wearing her jacket in the first panel? She hasn't had it on for this entire arc. Actually, it's kinda weird. It's black like her jacket, but the sleeves are too short and it doesn't have the little cuff things, but at the same time, the sleeves are too long for it to be her T-shirt. Then for the rest of the strip she's back in the T-shirt.
Also, I think this is the first time we've ever seen her with her hair down. It gives her a "pretty" edge as opposed to a cute one. Personally, I prefer cute, so I hope she doesn't decide to permanently change her hairstyle.

As far as the headband and hairband go, I bet she'll get them back in the future with love letters attached from whoever took them as souvenirs. That or she will invoke that age-old cartoon trick that randomly gives her back any lost articles for the next arc without explanation.

In conclusion, I love Brooke's face in the last two panels, and Nina's doing the "aside glance." It seems perfectly fitting.

Engy

Post by Engy »

Actually, Chloe isn't wearing a jacket in the first panel. It's the jacket that the guy wears that has his arm around her neck (Look at the second panel, he is pulling back his arm, but it's still slightly around her neck). If you look good, you see the black band of her sleeve beneath the sleeve of the jacket in the first panel, partially hidden behind Nina's thought cloud. That's her real clothing. It's just hard to see because everything is either black or pink.
Achievement Hunter, Software Engineer, retired competitive Team Fortress 2 Engineer, professional snarker.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

It appears taht is the arm of one of the boys, his forarm is wrapped around her neck/upper chest, and you are seeing her fore protruding past his elbow.

And I think both of her hairdo's are lovely, but I think the with headband is more 'fitting' for her, in my opinion. :x I do notice that she has an advantage that other girls that wear headbands in that her's is locked in place by her horns.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Pickel Surprise

Post by Pickel Surprise »

Engy wrote:Actually, Chloe isn't wearing a jacket in the first panel. It's the jacket that the guy wears that has his arm around her neck (Look at the second panel, he is pulling back his arm, but it's still slightly around her neck). If you look good, you see the black band of her sleeve beneath the sleeve of the jacket in the first panel, partially hidden behind Nina's thought cloud. That's her real clothing. It's just hard to see because everything is either black or pink.
Oh, right. Now I see it. Thanks!

DERP

Vordreller

Post by Vordreller »

Snikt ?

rild

Post by rild »

albert.aribaud wrote:
DinoJake wrote:Oh, and I think I know what's up with Nina in the last panel. It's her need for chocolate (note the thought bubble in the first panel).

Hmmm......Perhaps Nina's thirst for chocolate will be what ends up saving the day.
Remember some time after (admittedly briefly) standing up against the lizard brothers she felt the same urge? Makes me wonder if it's her organism using up energy to prepare for a fight...

Also, the chocolate after-effect was innuen, sorry, innocent questions... Wonder what she'll ask now?
I think that seth is Brooke's familiar, or they are one in the same. And that's why she blushed when Chloe kissed seth. In some stories, a wizard has a mental link with their familiar.

hokova

Post by hokova »

How the hell can Chloe say about herself shes a failure as a succubus? Maybe its enough to show her horns and let her hair down and she looks beautiful (more than usually).

Layla got great claws :D
,,Nobody is a villain.It's just the point of view!´´

BobDole

Post by BobDole »

Chloe's get her hand raised in the last frame, any chance she just snapped her fingers to make herself sheen?

WCRI

Post by WCRI »

With all the back and forths to see what everyone else is pointing out... I noticed something that, while could raise questions about where I was looking, I also noticed that no one else has mentioned.

In panel 3, just after Chloe looses her head/hair band, her hair is vaugely normal color... yet in panel 4, while everyone is standing in the middle of the hallway... reacting to Layla's rant, Chole is depicted as being litterally covered from head to toe in the pheromone dust... even under her clothes. Suggesting that the pheroblast was so powerful that the phermone dust was also pushed past regular cloth and plaster itself onto the skin. And given speculation "y," it also suggests that Chole's head/hair band is more than a mere accessory... if you go by panel 3, but that "less covered" is mysteriously vanished in panel 4... so... take what you will.
Oh, Tiff. Got a body that don't quit and a brain that won't start. By AbstractVagabond
You know, for a major magical watchamacallit-thingy as powerful as this one, it's remarkably easy to activate. Just point and click. By duneshdw

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

PROTEAN 2!!! AGGRVATED DAMAGE! :ymdevil:

Also, I think Chloe is Arnold Schwarzenegger as Jack Slater!!! :))

And Layla really is a terribly... selfish... bitch!!! :ymsick:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

albert.aribaud

Post by albert.aribaud »

WCRI wrote:it also suggests that Chole's head/hair band is more than a mere accessory...
Well, it took her removing her headband for her wings and tail to appear when she confessed being a succubus to Nina (Ravenhull: it was white at this time, maybe because she hadn't hit puberty yet).
Albert -- would you like to read EC, MC, and DC at least one week late and in French?

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

I'm not sure if I'm seeing this right, but is that a free flying hand in panel 3?
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

albert.aribaud

Post by albert.aribaud »

Adamas wrote:I'm not sure if I'm seeing this right, but is that a free flying hand in panel 3?
None that I can see. One hand is roughly around Chloe's... neck, and another one is behind her air. Both have arms, although the rear one is hidden by Chloe's hair and the front one is 'clouded' by Layla's slashing movement.

Don't know what we've been all sniffing... we see a lot of things in this page. :)

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Sorry, must be Layla playing a spoiled X-23 that had me confuzzled. :ymdevil:
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image