Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

hokova

Re: 30-12-09 Gesundheit!

Post by hokova »

TheEighth wrote:
hokova wrote:Two words:

OH - CRAP.
Succubomb has exploded. Now the whole school is doomed!
Kinda funny that Layla had said gesundheit to Chloe,though this got german rootage. I would expect her to say something in french,since her father is french.
DAMN

I wanted to point that out. :ymsigh:
Agree with me then. :p
,,Nobody is a villain.It's just the point of view!´´

Engy

Post by Engy »

Holy mother-a-mercy! Now that's a bloody domination!
hokova wrote:Kinda funny that Layla had said gesundheit to Chloe, though this got German rootage. I would expect her to say something in French, since her father is French.
I am Dutch with no German roots and I also have the tendency to say Gesundheit, rather then Gezondheid (Dutch for 'bless ya'). Likewise, I tend to say 'Danke' and 'Aye' instead of 'Thanks' and 'Yes' respectively. Roots don't always have something to do with the way you talk :p

Also, yes, I am aware that Aye is Scottish instead of German. But my point still stands since I don't have any roots in Scotland either.
Achievement Hunter, Software Engineer, retired competitive Team Fortress 2 Engineer, professional snarker.

albert.aribaud

Post by albert.aribaud »

hokova wrote:Kinda funny that Layla had said gesundheit to Chloe,though this got german rootage. I would expect her to say something in french,since her father is french.
In French it would have been (and will be) "à tes souhaits", which might have some ironic overtones here because what's happening might not exacly be what Chloe wishes... BTW, too bad Chloe sneezed only once: next one would have been "à tes amours" :) -- and a third one would have called "à ta santé", which, considering the intent and effect of sending out succubus pheromones... well, let's just say Chloe might end up exhausted whatever happens.
Albert -- would you like to read EC, MC, and DC at least one week late and in French?

zoom

Post by zoom »

So will these pheremones make all the guys fall for Chloe... or for the first female they lay eyes upon?
SIG229

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

TheEighth wrote:But Succubi only go after men. ... Professor Twigitt said the hearts only seek out male prey.
I do realize all of that. It was more of an ironic comment that now we'll only have half the fun. :P

After all the shenigagins in Ma3, I'd like to see bisexually targeted succubombs! :D

Now all we'll get is girls being pestered by mindless drooling boys.

Maybe... an alternate universe on Slipshine?? :D :ympray: ;;)

And concerning "Gesundheit!", it's become reasonably international. Most people understand it, at least in the western world. I do know a bit of French, but have never heard of the terms Albert wrote.

@zoom: I hope not just Chloe!!! Unless of course we get a "Heel, kitteh!!!" moment when Layla actually does show she'd like Kade for herself... ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

A two thousand year old safety record down the drain. There's gonna be one hell of a clean-up after school! :)

Paul
Location: Humble hewn-from-a-small-cliff living quarters deep in Mink Hollow

Post by Paul »

albert.aribaud wrote:Right. Now I have a vision of a two-panel-wide strip with Chloe and the other girls standing on the foreground with their backs to the camera, facing a panoramic view of a zombie-like crowd of boys lurching ever nearer and all groaning "B...ooooobs..."
=)) =)) =)) =)) =))

albert.aribaud

Post by albert.aribaud »

Don Alexander wrote:I do know a bit of French, but have never heard of the terms Albert wrote.
Well I don't want to make it sound like an argument of authority, but... I am French. :)
Seriously, though... I'll grant you the second and third ("à tes amours" / "à ta santé") might be less than usual across the French population, but "à tes/vos souhaits" is the automatic response to a sneeze. We have possibly used "Dieu vous bénisse" around the Middle Age and great plagues, though.
Albert -- would you like to read EC, MC, and DC at least one week late and in French?

Pickel Surprise

Post by Pickel Surprise »

Something tells me Chloe's first sneeze was only the beginning...

Rule of Funny mandates that things are just barely getting started.

Daremo

Post by Daremo »

albert.aribaud wrote:Right. Now I have a vision of a two-panel-wide strip with Chloe and the other girls standing on the foreground with their backs to the camera, facing a panoramic view of a zombie-like crowd of boys lurching ever nearer and all groaning "B...ooooobs..."
So just a normal day in High School, eh?

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

TheEighth wrote:
Don Alexander wrote:Wait, wait, what is this talk of females not being affected??? :-o
A Succubus is a demon that lives of the life force of mortal men. They appear to them in dreams to seduce them and drain their energy until their victim dies. Succubi are viewed as incredibly attractive to the opposite sex, bordering on irresistable. But Succubi only go after men. The male counterpart is called an Incubus, and they only go after women.

(On the first page of the battle of Brooke Lynn, there's a boy with horns like Chloe.He may be an incubus)

Professor Twigitt said the hearts only seek out male prey. From this I can assume that the same thing happens with the Incubus and female prey. Considering the evidence, I can draw that her pheromone's may not work on girls.
Well the succudust might also work on bi-sexual females as well. That would be funny as well. :ymdevil:
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Chase-san

Post by Chase-san »

Adamas wrote: Well the succudust might also work on bi-sexual females as well. That would be funny as well. :ymdevil:
My guess it would be more based on biochemistry than sexual orientation/preference. :-B

Doesn't mean it cannot effect a large range of biochemistry! (men of all ages, races etc etc)

Anyway.. heart shaped explosion cloud. (its not a 'mushroom' cloud now is it) :D

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

albert.aribaud wrote:
Don Alexander wrote:I do know a bit of French, but have never heard of the terms Albert wrote.
Well I don't want to make it sound like an argument of authority, but... I am French. :)
Seriously, though... I'll grant you the second and third ("à tes amours" / "à ta santé") might be less than usual across the French population, but "à tes/vos souhaits" is the automatic response to a sneeze. We have possibly used "Dieu vous bénisse" around the Middle Age and great plagues, though.
I know you are French. ;)

I was not expressing any kind of doubt, as in "Albert has it wrong, on my own authority!"

I wished to point out that the knowledge of these French expressions is not very common worldwide, since I have probably had more contact with the French language than many board members, but I still did not know the expressions.

Whereas just about everyone gets "Gesundheit."
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

I'm familiar with it. My French teacher pronounced it so it sounded kind of like "toot suite".
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

rild

Post by rild »

Don Alexander wrote:
TheEighth wrote:But Succubi only go after men. ... Professor Twigitt said the hearts only seek out male prey.
I do realize all of that. It was more of an ironic comment that now we'll only have half the fun. :P

After all the shenigagins in Ma3, I'd like to see bisexually targeted succubombs! :D

Now all we'll get is girls being pestered by mindless drooling boys.

Maybe... an alternate universe on Slipshine?? :D :ympray: ;;)

And concerning "Gesundheit!", it's become reasonably international. Most people understand it, at least in the western world. I do know a bit of French, but have never heard of the terms Albert wrote.

@zoom: I hope not just Chloe!!! Unless of course we get a "Heel, kitteh!!!" moment when Layla actually does show she'd like Kade for herself... ;)
Hmm. We'll see. Succubi of myth and legend don't discriminate between sex and gender. But we'll see how it plays out.