02-11-09 Thank goodness I'm safe

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Gil Hamilton

Re: 02-11-09 Thank goodness I'm safe

Post by Gil Hamilton »

That's probably "Dogs" as a derogatory toward Werewolves. It seems in this 'verse, Vampires and Werewolves don't get along.

kaishi10

Post by kaishi10 »

I'm thinking that Layla is just having a huge case of Sibling Rivalry Issues... it's not about Vampires and Werewolves not getting along, it's more about Nina getting more "action" than she is, her own moral issues notwithstanding. (It may not look like it, but from the reactions from both sisters... Layla is the more 'status quo' one, and as such would suffer more from parental censure than Nina ever would even notice.) Her knee-jerk reaction to being randomly groped by Blair doesn't help... but it should be expected.

Clueless313

Post by Clueless313 »

And then Seth comes and.............
Indecent!
Indecent!
"Webcomics?
Pffff.
Who reads those?"

ashiii

Post by ashiii »

Oenone wrote:She probably thought the thing on her thigh had something to do with Kade, and slapped him for that.
I know what you mean, but they're supposed to be in a relationship aren't they?

Regardless, she's being a little unappreciative of Kade's efforts...not to mention Kade's awesomeness

Anywho, It sounds like I'm taking the comic a little too seriously =P I'll stop now =]

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

ashiii wrote:
Oenone wrote:She probably thought the thing on her thigh had something to do with Kade, and slapped him for that.
I know what you mean, but they're supposed to be in a relationship aren't they?
Groping her under the skirt in public? Even if they were sleeping with each other that would still be a bit fresh.

Daremo

Post by Daremo »

I am not a girl. If I was, and someone was leaning in close behind me, while making a comment about what good 'friends' we are, and I felt something going up my thigh, I'd feel pretty justified in slapping first and asking questions later. Of course, then I'd have to apologise. Kade was just unlucky.

Darastrix

Post by Darastrix »

I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet, but Layla's little spider-fringe bangs are totally missing in this strip.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

They're in the first panel. I guess the stress from feeling something going up her leg caused her hair to lay back, kinda like how a cat does it's ears.

Unless you are implying that Lady Giz has made a mistake? Are you? :ymdevil:
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Darastrix wrote:I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet, but Layla's little spider-fringe bangs are totally missing in this strip.
Ack! No wonder she looked weird to me in that strip. ^^'
I fixed it (hit refresh if you don't see it.) Merci! :)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Ahhhh, no chance to save it! :(

Hm, Giz has 666 posts!

Does something happen now? :ympray:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Don't worry, Don... I snatched down the 'original' version from the cache... Bwa-ha-ha-ha!!!!! :ymdevil:

I did like the touch in the last panel of them hanging away from her forehead, for too many artists leave details like that static. And is the 'spider' metaphor intentional, or was that just something we see in that, m'lady Giz?
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Thanks for sending, Ravenhull!

*manhuggle*
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Don Alexander wrote:Hm, Giz has 666 posts!

Does something happen now? :ympray:
Yes.. i'm allowed to go on a smiting spree! :ymdevil:

albert.aribaud

Post by albert.aribaud »

Hmm... Blair suddenly does not talk in Uncial any more? Or maybe that's because the sound is muffled.
Albert -- would you like to read EC, MC, and DC at least one week late and in French?

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Just fixed it. Merci, Albert! :)