12-10-09 What a haul!!!

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Re: 12-10-09 What a haul!!!

Post by Ravenhull »

14 yo. :))

(and if comparing to Blair's smooth pickup lines... lol)
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Clueless313

Post by Clueless313 »

That lucky little "perverted doll-thing"!!!
"Webcomics?
Pffff.
Who reads those?"

sandman

Post by sandman »

Yay Blair is back!! :ymhug: and I did notice the Happosai reference when he said it I thought that it was cool and quite appropriate for the character. :))

Best Blair appearance ever :-bd

And Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canucks

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Blair gets the free shot. And the crowd goes wild! :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Panchocheesecake

Post by Panchocheesecake »

Blair's my favorite character now.
In the sexy way!

Here's a webcomic I gave up on. You might like if you're into military and gaming stuff
http://situationalawareness.smackjeeves.com/

I do not like to eat waffles, so here's my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/KristopherStoltz

Do you have a high level of confusion? I do, so here's my tumblr.
http://panchocheesecake.tumblr.com/

IS_Wolf

Post by IS_Wolf »

Ravenhull wrote:14 yo. :))

(and if comparing to Blair's smooth pickup lines... lol)
That's something I do wonder about actually.
Is that 14 years human or 14 years race X equivalent?
I mean Chloe, for instance, is a succubus, provided she isn't killed or starves to death, then she should live pretty much forever, considering that demons don't die of old age and all that.

Same applies to Vampires..

No idea about Melusines, but probably something similar.

Werewolves on the other hand do grow older and die from old age.

Or to use another analogy. An elf that is the equivalent of a 14 year old human might be as old as say 40 in actual human years. So what's the deal with the critters in this school?

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

There's no actual indication that I recall that these critters even have superhuman lifespans (since the vampires are reproducing sexually it's obvious that Our Vampires Are Different). In any case, while different life cycles could explain Nina's maturity level, it would be odd if they were giving their ages in "dog-years".

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Nina has already said that her father is much older than any normal human could survive. So I'm thinking it's regular aging process until a certain point. What point? Whatever point is most convenient for the artist to convey a character in relation to the other characters
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

midgetshrimp wrote:Nina has already said that her father is much older than any normal human could survive.
Specifically, she said he was older than the real Eugene Delacroix, who was born in 1798, meaning he's more than 211 years old
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

midgetshrimp wrote:Nina has already said that her father is much older than any normal human could survive. So I'm thinking it's regular aging process until a certain point. What point? Whatever point is most convenient for the artist to convey a character in relation to the other characters
Lets say for the sake of argument they they age at-least somewhat normally until around 17-18 (Although it is possible some mature younger just like human do) :-B
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Clueless313

Post by Clueless313 »

I hate Blair right now.
A lot.
"Webcomics?
Pffff.
Who reads those?"

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Ah, jealousy. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Clueless313 wrote:That lucky little "perverted doll-thing"!!!
Almost as good as a sticky giant-sized man thing... :P

But why do you hate him? Is it the acid touch of envy that scrapes charcoal dust off your heart?
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Makkabee

Post by Makkabee »

David Johnston wrote:There's no actual indication that I recall that these critters even have superhuman lifespans (since the vampires are reproducing sexually it's obvious that Our Vampires Are Different). In any case, while different life cycles could explain Nina's maturity level, it would be odd if they were giving their ages in "dog-years".
In Whitley Streiber's The Hunger, true vampires are functionally immortal (though vulnerable to injury) and reproduce sexually, though such births are very rare -- making pandas look profligate rare. Of course not all vampires are true vampires.
"What Makkabee said." -- Giz

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Hehe, I just read that trilogy some months back. All in all pretty good, though I had some serious problems with continiutiy issues.

Also: No comic today! :((

Another 24 hours. :ymsigh:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)