26-08-09 Since ancient times

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Milnoc

Re: 26-08-09 Since ancient times

Post by Milnoc »

I just realized something. He remained self-aware through the entire transformation. Not once did he switch over to a "beast" like Dr. Jekyll or The Incredible Hulk.

He also looked more like a dog than a wolf, a cuddly-wuddly wolf! What do mom and dad look like? Has there been any *ahem* "cross-breeding?" :)

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Well, in contemporary mythos, it is normally considered that werewolves maintain their minds during volentary changes... now the full moon mandatory change is a different matter.

Here's another question. He seems to have forgotten that he's nekkid... now how many girls are going to be standing there when he turns around? :-o
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

brnleague99
Location: Carrollton, Georgia (Otherwise Known As Downtown Hell)

Post by brnleague99 »

Ravenhull wrote:Well, in contemporary mythos, it is normally considered that werewolves maintain their minds during volentary changes... now the full moon mandatory change is a different matter.
Remus Lupin didn't retain his mind. Except when he used Polyjuice Potion. Nor did the main protaganist in An American Werewolf In London, which remains my favorite vision of a werewolf ever. Like a big wolf, on all fours.
Anti-Yuki till the grave claims me...

Kid Kool (1988) for the Nintendo Entertainment System is GROSSLY underrated. Sure the concept could've been presented a little better, but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets in some circles.

Nobody

Post by Nobody »

As to the question of if he should lose control of himself or not would probably depend on if he is a born werewolf(100% monster) or a cursed human. Just like with vampires born vs turned can be very different powers.

It is entirely possible that a born werewolfs have full control in all stages of transformation.

Makkabee

Post by Makkabee »

Ashuri wrote:*comes out of lurker mode* Am I the only one who totally wants a t-shirt with a vampire screaming "MAH BEGONIAASS!"?
I'd buy two. One for me, one for the unfortunate player in my New Orleans game.
"What Makkabee said." -- Giz

Makkabee

Post by Makkabee »

Potato_Imp wrote:
hokova wrote:Since when actually wolves and vamps dont get along?...
And why?

Okay,confused,but this was a epic strip anywais.XD
Since Contemporary Pulp Horror & Tabletop Role-Playing continuities started the trend.

Kind of how Centaurs stopped being all-male, marauding, Greek equivalents of Orcs after Fantasia and The Chronicles of Narnia started an earlier trend.
Um, no. Or at least not entirely. The notion of the centaur as wise teacher goes back to Greek mythology, with the centaur Chiron tutoring Greek heroes like Jason, Achilles, Ajax, etc.

The depiction of female centaurs also goes back to antiquity. Ovid wrote about a centauress (centaurix?) named Hylonome during the Augustan age.
"What Makkabee said." -- Giz

HollyG
Pixie Witch

Post by HollyG »

LOL
I like the way Nina thinks!
I think Nina and Sugar Shock whould love to have a slumber party!
crossover time! :ymparty:
LOL

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Apparently, being "born" a werewolf also spares you from the pain of transformation as described in the second episode of the British BBC show "Being Human".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpQxGFmyK3g

chelonianmobile

Post by chelonianmobile »

As TVTropes says, "Our Werewolves Are Different". Nobody makes vampires/werewolves/demons/ghosts/dragons/whatever work in exactly the same way as anyone else, and since they're fictional, no interpretation is wrong. (Except for Twilight. Freakin' SPARKLING vampires ...)

Something about a vampire gardening is even more deeply surreal than the rest of this comic.

Power_Pachyderms

Post by Power_Pachyderms »

Hmm....lets see:

Vampires: check
Werewolves: check
Werecats (no specific breed yet): check
Possessed Dolls: check
Possessed hand: check
Fallen Angel/Demon and/or Nephilim/Alu: check
Troll-like character: check
Weird hockey-masked dude: check

I'm seeing the perfect troupe for a new World of Darkness game. We have all the bases covered. Nina & Layla (Vampire: the Requiem), Fuzzy Wuzzy (Werewolf: the Forsaken), Kade Whiteclaw (World of Darkness: Changing Breeds), Arman Purvis (Mage: the Awakening), Eleanor (Changeling: the Lost), Jeffrey (Hunter: the Vigil - Slashers), Blair (Geist: the SIn-Eaters) and Chloe (World of Darkness: Inferno). All we're missing is a Frankenstein-type character for Promethean: the Created. :-B :D
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." ~William Pitt
"Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken
Presenting a different vision of Robotech via illustration...

Captain Vlad

Post by Captain Vlad »

We're also missing a reason to make the whole thing Old WOD instead of these new atrocities.

Sorry. Reflex.

*shifts his eyes about suspiciously* ;;)

IS_Wolf

Post by IS_Wolf »

Power_Pachyderms wrote:Hmm....lets see:

Vampires: check
Werewolves: check
Werecats (no specific breed yet): check
Possessed Dolls: check
Possessed hand: check
Fallen Angel/Demon and/or Nephilim/Alu: check
Troll-like character: check
Weird hockey-masked dude: check

I'm seeing the perfect troupe for a new World of Darkness game. We have all the bases covered. Nina & Layla (Vampire: the Requiem), Fuzzy Wuzzy (Werewolf: the Forsaken), Kade Whiteclaw (World of Darkness: Changing Breeds), Arman Purvis (Mage: the Awakening), Eleanor (Changeling: the Lost), Jeffrey (Hunter: the Vigil - Slashers), Blair (Geist: the SIn-Eaters) and Chloe (World of Darkness: Inferno). All we're missing is a Frankenstein-type character for Promethean: the Created. :-B :D
The maid, she looked kinda flesh golemish like?

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Okay I thought she filled the "Igor" analogue myself.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

i was thinking walking corpse/ghoul
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

brnleague99
Location: Carrollton, Georgia (Otherwise Known As Downtown Hell)

Post by brnleague99 »

For some reason, when the farmer screams "MAH BEGONIAS!" and the wolf looks up with the bone in his mouth...it cracks me up.

:p
Anti-Yuki till the grave claims me...

Kid Kool (1988) for the Nintendo Entertainment System is GROSSLY underrated. Sure the concept could've been presented a little better, but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets in some circles.