17-08-09 Thar she blows!

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

ruff1298

Re: 17-08-09 Thar she blows!

Post by ruff1298 »

I just finished reading through the entire archives right now. As for todays comic: yay werewolf vampire relationships! I can't wait to see just what the heck happens when Nina's sister finds out she's dating an ancient arch-nemesis (yes, I said ancient. Vampires and Werewolves can't be biological enemies forever, right?).

As for the entire comic itself: love the concept, the humor, the dialogue and the great art, particularly the cute character designs and the humorous stuff they get into on a daily basis. This comic is officially one of my new favorites.

Daremo

Post by Daremo »

I may be wrong(wouldn't be the 400th time), but I foresee much less 'cute boy' and much more 'CUTE DOGGIE!", in Nina's future. How wolf-boy reacts to a girl dashing up, hugging him, and rubbing her face in his chest while murmuring, "Fluffy, fluffy..." will set the basis of their relationship. Crushed upon stalkee? 'Dogged' Nice Guy? Unlucky Childhood Friend? Soon we shall see.

Panchocheesecake

Post by Panchocheesecake »

Yep, 14 year old. Must be one of them smidgets. Or 14 Vampire years O.o

Btw aren't werewolves supposed to be the same all the time?
In the sexy way!

Here's a webcomic I gave up on. You might like if you're into military and gaming stuff
http://situationalawareness.smackjeeves.com/

I do not like to eat waffles, so here's my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/KristopherStoltz

Do you have a high level of confusion? I do, so here's my tumblr.
http://panchocheesecake.tumblr.com/

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Daremo wrote:How wolf-boy reacts to a girl dashing up, hugging him, and rubbing her face in his chest while murmuring, "Fluffy, fluffy..." will set the basis of their relationship.
"You only love me for my fur! :(( "
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

And next... Nina is alergic to wolf dander. :ymdevil:
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

I just wonder how Kade'll react. Considering his first reaction to wolf-boy left him hanging onto a tree branch for dear life. =))
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Adamas wrote:I just wonder how Kade'll react. Considering his first reaction to wolf-boy left him hanging onto a tree branch for dear life. =))
Just had sudden thoughts of the first meeting with Cat on Red Dwarf:

"Ooo... look big! Hiss!"
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Undisclosed

Post by Undisclosed »

@Bear- No way those are gloves when we saw him changing slightly the page after he and Kade met :-o .

Also I doubt anything bittersweet will come of the relationship forming,it'll be more comedic a la School Rumble.
Last edited by Undisclosed on Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageThis signature is very pointless for you to be looking at.Image

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

They're gloves.... If they were his hands they'd either be pink like his skin, or grey like his fur. /:)

amazingleathermime

Post by amazingleathermime »

Panchocheesecake wrote: Btw aren't werewolves supposed to be the same all the time?
Not necessarily, it depends on the mythology used. In some stories they are constant wolf-men, in others it depends if there is a full moon out. Here it seems to use the werewolves can change their form at will concept (or in high stress situations [that would be new to me] )

RoninAngel

Post by RoninAngel »

So I guess it's safe to say that Nina is into *Hairy Men*? :p
With *Puppy Dog Eyes*? :p
As long as they're *House Broken?* :p

Also during the young man's self talk the first thing I thought of was Shingi of the ImusentbeafraidImussentbeafraidImussentbeafraid fame.

Great strip though, and I have to say that Nina's reaction shot was just adorable. :x
"LIFE is dangerous, Sandi! EMBRACE LIFE!"
Faith Abbot, to Sandi on Magic Chicks.

electriceyeonme

Post by electriceyeonme »

amazingleathermime wrote: Here it seems to use the werewolves can change their form at will concept (or in high stress situations [that would be new to me] )
That happens in 'Teen Wolf' too. Not that Teen Wolf is the be all and end all of werewolf mythology...

Undisclosed

Post by Undisclosed »

So presuming those are gloves and he just threw them on to keep everyone from noticing he was changing....well,we never did see his hands in this strip but noticed what he had on them in the following one.And he wasn't covering them up because he was changing,he probably did it because he has really hairy hands :P.
ImageThis signature is very pointless for you to be looking at.Image

Potato_Imp

Post by Potato_Imp »

Panchocheesecake wrote:Yep, 14 year old. Must be one of them smidgets. Or 14 Vampire years O.o

Btw aren't werewolves supposed to be the same all the time?
The state of being under 5' or a 'smidget' for women isn't all that rare. I took a martial arts class with a married woman who was just a little shorter than Nina and she wasn't a dwarf or anything. Just really short.

It adds to her eccentric cuteness, yes?

Classic werewolves are normal humans under a supernatural curse and only wolf-out during a full moon involuntarily. Castlevania, Monster Princess, Slayers, and other manga/anime-based werewolves do seem to be a race of lupine humanoids.

On a similar note, Vampires and Werewolves being ancient enemies is a version-specific concept. It may be the case in Eerie Cuties, especially since if Werewolf Boy returns Nina's affections it'll make for Romeo & Juliet plot gold, but it's not a given.
What do you mean I'm delusional?! She placed that restraining order to express her joy about us getting married in an ironic avant-garde way!

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Since no one has stated it yet:

Werewolf boy went Crinos on the Lizartwins! :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)