Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Giz
Site Admin

29-06-09 Bad arm!

Post by Giz »

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: 29-06-09 Bad arm!

Post by Don Alexander »

Werewoofs =(( Vampires, methinks!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Ominous

Post by Ominous »

Methinks he might have been a normal person at one time but then his arm got possessed. If anyone pisses off the thing possessing it, it will kill want to kill them and anyone having to do with them. That's why he works at a school full of monsters.

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

The body part with a mind of its own generally happens because of a transplant in horror stories.

ThunderBird

Post by ThunderBird »

Now THERE's a werewolf. At least what's left of it. Or right, whatever :D
I think the guy lost his arm, and a werewolf's arm got transplanted, which kept at least some of the mind and instincts of the original, as evidenced by the hostility against a vampire (mortal enemies, and whatnot). Teaching a class with Nina in it is going to be interesting this way, to say the least :)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Yay! New character! I shall dub him Pat for now (Possessed arm teacher) :) .

Now he's going to be interesting to watch methinks... Notice that the possessed arm looks completely normal till it seems to get annoyed upon hearing Nina's family name.. Wish I could make out the runescript there... something tells me the arm defiantely has a grudge against Layla and possibly the Delacroix family.

I am wondering about the swirly hypno eyes on the glasses though. Nice touch if its to represent possession.

JMac85

Post by JMac85 »

I don't know where everyone is getting the werewolf/vampire blood feud, all I got from this strip was an Idle Hands vibe.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Or Evil Dead.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I'd forgotten about Evil Dead :ymdevil:

HotlyContested

Post by HotlyContested »

Okay, I've tried to let this go, but I've got to say something with regard to these forums.

What is with this constant pressing need with some people to define and categorize everything little thing in terms of something you've seen before? It's totally natural to think back to other things and compare, but this is a NEW strip, and it comes with NEW rules. I'd be disappointed if everything in this strip obeyed rules established elsewhere. If nothing changes, then it's not worth reading. (Although I'm sure that won't be the case.)

What bugs me about this is that the creators should be free to make up their own rules, and some of you are practically insisting on everything being a certain way. I'm sorry, but the only constant in popular culture is change. Everything borrows from other sources and then tweaks it in order to say something new. Maybe some of you who are in your teens and twenties have been overdosing on stuff from the 80's, before you were born, and you're led to think that we all established a set of hard rules or something, but that's just not the case. Before the stuff in the 80's, there was the stuff in the 50's, and before that, there was stuff in the 20's. (Yes, I'm jumping from generation to generation, not decade to decade.)

The point is JUST TRY TO ENJOY IT. It doesn't have to be like anything else. There are no rules here. Do you like what you see? Does it remind you of anything in your OWN life? What draws you to it in the first place? Were you just put on Earth to like this comic, or is there something specific about it that you find compelling? What is it? I'm not saying analyze it, I'm just saying let it affect you, rather than just labelling it and moving on to the next thing.

HotlyContested

Post by HotlyContested »

*Ahem*. As for today's update, I'm intrigued by the fact that the teacher (principal?) is a regular-looking fellow aside from his hand. And the way he reins it in, like it's just a routine thing (or maybe not!). My first impression is that it's a werewolf arm because of the sharp nails... but it could be anything at all.

Did the arm react because of Nina being a vampire, or because this guy knows Layla? He seems to have made the connection between his arm freaking out and the fact that Nina is Layla's sister... "Layla's sister? How nice." I wonder what kind of history he has with Layla. Maybe he gave her a bad grade, and she gave him (and his arm) a piece of her mind?

I guess my biggest question is: does the arm have a mind of its own, or is it a reflection of the inner personality of the teacher? The way his eyes bugged out suggests the arm is a part of HIM, just a repressed part. Either way, it's very interesting!

P.S. Nina seems to have gotten over her fear of Jeffrey quickly enough. :)

Black Cat Godess

Post by Black Cat Godess »

I'm just so tickled that his name is Jeffrey. ^^ It makes me so happy on the inside.
Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.

RoninAngel

Post by RoninAngel »

oh those wacky teachers.

I wanna see why he wears those silly looking glasses.
"LIFE is dangerous, Sandi! EMBRACE LIFE!"
Faith Abbot, to Sandi on Magic Chicks.

Strychnine-Toast

Post by Strychnine-Toast »

Irony alert!

Nina's last name is Delacroix. Doesn't that mean "of the cross" in French? And Nina's a vampire.

Or am I mistaken?
Friends are like potatoes. If you eat them, they die.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Nope, your right from what little french I can remember without resorting to google translate.