Giz
Site Admin

22-06-09 Oh noes!

Post by Giz »

athena998

Re: 22-06-09 Oh noes!

Post by athena998 »

Haha Kade is so funny. :x

BTW why is she taking french if her dad is french?
I am not normal

marshall.r

Post by marshall.r »

athena998 wrote:Haha Kade is so funny. :x

BTW why is she taking french if her dad is french?
Never took an easy 'A' course?

Gredinus

Post by Gredinus »

Oh noes :D

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

athena998 wrote:BTW why is she taking french if her dad is french?
You assume that means she speaks it - not neccessarily the case. Since only one parent is French, assuming she means that as 'my dad is from France', not 'my family's ancestors come from France', there's a not insignificant chance that only English is spoken at home.

Even if French is spoken at home (say, Mom's French Canadian, or Dad's relatives live with them/frequently visit), it's not improbable that the kids haven't picked it up, living in an apparently English speaking community - I know a number of second generation immigrants, who, despite their parents (and grandparents, in some cases) speaking their native language at home, don't speak anything other than English.

Also, while the location is unknown, Giz being Canadian, there's a good chance that Charybdis Heights is, as well, which would, assuming they maintain a curriculum similar to the human school system outside of any monster-related courses (I give that 50/50 odds), French is a required course.
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

So now we start to move into the storyline proper... What perils are they going to face at highschool? Who or what is the teacher going to be? Are Fench Vampires immune to Garlic or did they move because of it? Tune in next time to have only half of this answered... lol

I take it that Layla is the one who wears the pants in the relationship, figeratively speaking... Something tells me she likes being in the 'boss of everyone' roll, which may lead to someinteresting situations in my mind.

And don't worry Nina... The Kyoot will set you free! Or at least probably get you out of trouble on your first day.

HotlyContested

Post by HotlyContested »

It would be fun to live in a world where people actually threw their hands up in the air if they were running late...

zoom

Post by zoom »

I can't be sure about the French vampires, but I'm sure the Italian ones are immune! I remember a story where the vampires didn't object to flavors, just unexpected ones. Can you imagine taking a bite of what you think would be strawberry and getting garlic instead? Even if you like garlic it would be a bit off-putting.
So, is Nina dyslexic? Or just not paying attention.
SIG229

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Wow, Layla treats Kade like some disobedient puppy - and he slinks away like one as well...

And Nina is taking school v seriously! ;))
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

Kamino Neko wrote: Also, while the location is unknown, Giz being Canadian, there's a good chance that Charybdis Heights is, as well, which would, assuming they maintain a curriculum similar to the human school system outside of any monster-related courses (I give that 50/50 odds), French is a required course.
In public schools sure. Not so much in private schools, which I assume CH is.

ThunderBird

Post by ThunderBird »

Don Alexander wrote:Wow, Layla treats Kade like some disobedient puppy - and he slinks away like one as well...

And Nina is taking school v seriously! ;))
Yes, he pretty much behaves like a dog, so while I sided with were-cat up to now, I revise: were-dog/werewolf.
Still, this raises the issue of having heterochromia, which, to my knowledge, is only expressed in cats (and humans)...

RoninAngel

Post by RoninAngel »

maybe he's a werewolf and a weretiger?
I mean, theres no rule that says the two monsters can't breed right?

And is it wrong if I find the way Layla treats him to be an icredible turn on? =p~

Its like that having that girl from It's me or the Dog all for yourself, cept hotter. :x :ymblushing:
Last edited by RoninAngel on Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"LIFE is dangerous, Sandi! EMBRACE LIFE!"
Faith Abbot, to Sandi on Magic Chicks.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

You are not alone Teacher2B, I also get a bit of the dominatrix vibe from Layla. :-? Hmmmm...Charlotte v. Layla...I'd pay to see that.

@RA: I guess it would depend on whether the characters in this world are turned or born. If born I suppose he could very well be mixed breed. However, most of the time if a person is turned they can not be mixed monster as the magic, virus, or whatever you contract from one immunizes you from the others.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Gredinus

Post by Gredinus »

'Heterochromia' is a term used to describe variations in the color of the iris, the colored portion of the eye. 'Heterochromia' is also used to describe a multi-colored iris within the same eye, or two eyes with distinctly different colored irises. This condition can occur in dogs and cats. Individuals with irises of different colors are common in many dog breeds including Siberian Huskies, Great Danes, Dalmatians, and Malamutes. Vision is completely normal in these individuals and heterochromia is not considered a medical problem but rather a normal variation in eye color.
Come to think of it Dalmatins can be pure white ;)

brnleague99
Location: Carrollton, Georgia (Otherwise Known As Downtown Hell)

Post by brnleague99 »

When Layla says "SHUT!" am I the only one reminded of Charlie Mackenzie's dad screaming "SHUT IT!" in So I Married An Axe Murderer?

:D
Anti-Yuki till the grave claims me...

Kid Kool (1988) for the Nintendo Entertainment System is GROSSLY underrated. Sure the concept could've been presented a little better, but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets in some circles.