10-06-09 Sneezeweed

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Giz
Site Admin

Re: 10-06-09 Sneezeweed

Post by Giz »

Skyybahamut wrote:I just noticed the different font that was used for Blair. Did you know that that same font was used for Lucifer's speech bubbles for "Sandman" and "Lucifer"?

What is the name of that font?
This is Meanwhile Uncial from Comicraft. Was created in 2000. Not sure if it's the same one. I'd have to see to compare. There are other uncial fonts available out there. Ales and Wenches from Blambot.com is also similar.

Mallorie

Post by Mallorie »

Gredinus wrote:
Mallorie wrote:I really love Layla's design. And she has such wonderful expressions!

Blaire got me pretty good, though. :-s

I love Lylas panties
:D
XD

It's nice to see that the victim is alive.

Skyybahamut

Post by Skyybahamut »

Giz wrote:
Skyybahamut wrote:I just noticed the different font that was used for Blair. Did you know that that same font was used for Lucifer's speech bubbles for "Sandman" and "Lucifer"?

What is the name of that font?
This is Meanwhile Uncial from Comicraft. Was created in 2000. Not sure if it's the same one. I'd have to see to compare. There are other uncial fonts available out there. Ales and Wenches from Blambot.com is also similar.
Thanks a lot. Here's a link to the 1st issue of the comic so you know what I am talking about. http://www.dccomics.com/media/excerpts/1636_1.pdf You'll need adobe. Also it is for mature audiences.

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Yup, that's an uncial font. Not exactly the same one I'm using 'cause the R's and S's are slightly different, but it's very close. :)

Mallorie

Post by Mallorie »

I read through the comic again today, and I noticed that Layla's skull hairclip's expressions change with her own. Very nice touch, Giz.

brnleague99
Location: Carrollton, Georgia (Otherwise Known As Downtown Hell)

Post by brnleague99 »

Has no one noticed...that if Blair's a boy doll...why's he wearing girl's clothes?

:p
Anti-Yuki till the grave claims me...

Kid Kool (1988) for the Nintendo Entertainment System is GROSSLY underrated. Sure the concept could've been presented a little better, but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets in some circles.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Because he's a man trapped in a women's body? :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

LocalYokel

Post by LocalYokel »

For some reason Blair reminds me of Conky From Trailer Park Boys... I wonder how much of an impact on Nina's psyche/behavior he is going to have?

Feh, creepy little bugger.

David J Prokopetz

Post by David J Prokopetz »

Giz wrote:Yup, that's an uncial font. Not exactly the same one I'm using 'cause the R's and S's are slightly different, but it's very close. :)
Pretty close. Lucifer is lettered by hand, but both the lettering used in the comic and the font family are based on an early Medieval calligraphy style of the same name. Its popularity owes mostly to the fact that the uncial alphabet is the first that most modern calligraphy courses teach; consequently, it's the only "old-timey" style that a lot of folks who hand-letter their comics know.