Ask Gisele, Dave and Shouri Questions Here

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Re: Ask Gisele, Dave and Shouri Questions Here

Post by Artemisia »

I suspect that there's more going on than just the need for another artist. I suspect, and have suspected for some time, that this is also intended to bring the various series into alignment for publication purposes as doing so would make it easier in the end to do the print runs.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Giz has already said EC and MC are ending. MC has somewhere in the region of a dozen strips left, EC half a dozen more. While Chloe DID get a new artist recently and is back on schedule as a result.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Zippy, from the comments I've read, the current chapters were ending and the series was going on a brief hiatus. I may be wrong, but each of the statements I have read indicate that. I know that a lot of people have claimed that ED and MC are ending, but that does not seem to be borne by the statements that Giz has made.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Artemisia wrote:Zippy, from the comments I've read, the current chapters were ending and the series was going on a brief hiatus. I may be wrong, but each of the statements I have read indicate that. I know that a lot of people have claimed that ED and MC are ending, but that does not seem to be borne by the statements that Giz has made.
Well, let's look...
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15942
Giz wrote:Some may wonder why EC is suffering the brunt of this over Ma3 or SDB in terms of updates. The reason for this is simple, both EC & MC will be coming to an end this year. Not like “over for good” but “over for now/end of this chapter.” The goal is to have the next book ready for when the next Ma3 book comes out in June/July of 2015. We have about 20 pages or so to do for each series to bring it to an end. With that said, updates will be a little sporadic until then for both series. On the EC side, updates will be VERY sporadic for the next 3 months. After that, they’ll be a little more regular until we get to the end in late June/early July.

What comes next for the EC verse? We'll let you know more once we get closer to the end. To be honest, we're not sure ourselves right now!
Giz wrote:
Zippy wrote:EC I imagine Giz might be feeling particularly prepriatorial about, since she's co-written & drawn the whole series to date and may not want to hand it over.
Well, it's more the case that there's only roughly 20 pages left, and it would be nice for it to be a whole package. The series "may" eventually continue but it'll be slightly different if we do start it up again, and maybe at that point, we'll put someone else on art if I'm doing something else.

Cortez wrote:I think it just means EC and MC will be replaced by something new.
That is quite possible. I stopped Penny & Aggie after 5 years (well, my part in it anyway) and 5 years is a fairly long time to work on a series. Ending EC/MC will allow us to rethink what we want to do. When it's deadline after deadline, it's hard to reassess yourself.
Those are not the words of "brief hiatus". They're not blowing it all up, and 'The series "may" eventually continue', but not '"will" continue after a brief hiatus'. They may launch a replacement *Cverse strip (AC?), come back to EC or MC for a "new chapter", or just let Chloe's strip run its course alone.

What she pointedly did *not* say is "will resume six months later" or make any promises that they would.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Zipper...again my use of certain words is slightly abnormal as to me 'brief' is probably a lot longer than you or someone else might use it as. I was correct that they are not ending the series. Might I point out that both Red Dwarf and Doctor Who went on what, to me, were brief hiatuses between seasons, 10 years and 16 years respectively.

As I said, they are not ending the series according to those statements, but going on hiatus. In some cases, hiatuses have turned into a series coming to an end. In other cases, it does not.

Meanwhile, Danielle Corsetto of Girls With Slingshots has made it clear that her series is ending this week.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Artemisia wrote:Might I point out that both Red Dwarf and Doctor Who went on what, to me, were brief hiatuses between seasons, 10 years and 16 years respectively.
...welp, you're certainly aiming to live up to your "Mistress of Oddities" title :) [Seriously, you have to start looking at stuff from a geological timeframe (or other stuff that works on scales of centuries or more) for a decade to count as "brief"!]

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

maybe she is really a succubus ;)

10 years is wow, really a while but

for a 50 years old is just 1/5 of a lifetime after spending most of the last 30 years working while for a 20 years old is 1/2 of a lifetime after spending most of the last 10 years in school
ImageImage

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I have spent my life researching archaeology, anthropology and paleontology. I've been known to sit down and read Chaucer in the original without blinking. To a certain degree, time seems very strange to me. There are things that happened a century ago that seem as clear as day to me and yet I have trouble remembering what happened yesterday.

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Artemisia wrote:Meanwhile, Danielle Corsetto of Girls With Slingshots has made it clear that her series is ending this week.
Which she has also stated is an indefinite hiatus, rather than necessarily an end-end.
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Looking back, that is true. I mistook the last statements she made regarding the series as final.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

To be fair she did say that if GWS came back, it wouldn't be as a webcomic: http://www.girlswithslingshots.com/comi ... ouncement/

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

Recently started this, so if I have a lot of questions, should I ask them one at a time or all at once?

Vampire Cheerleaders mentioned Charybdis Heights and Artemis Academy as competitors in the VC's division. Is this canonical, and has there been a picture of their cheerleaders? There has been one of Triana in her uniform in DC's school. (What's its name?)

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

think of VC's Charybdis and Artemis the same as the newest Star Trek of Chris Pine is different from the Star Trek of William Shatner, is an alternate version, not one you know
ImageImage

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

That can't be the case, because not only does the EC site advertise guest appearances in the VC/PMS webcomic, but it hosts actual crossovers. Even if it were, Charybdis's cheerleaders have been mentioned IIRC.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

as I said, in the past it has been discussed the inconsistences of characters from both worlds, even "common ones" like Nina's mom

the Pine's Kirk is NOT the same Shatner's Kirk

they are 2 unique worlds

basically in one world we have Original series kirk and Spock, than Spock of OS travels to the new movie's world to get the Romulan who wants revenge for the destruction of his planet, and that Spock meets a different Spock and Kirk, is basically same thing as the Kirk and Spock of the world of "mirror Mirror"
ImageImage