Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Re: Ask Gisele, Dave and Shouri Questions Here

Post by Kamino Neko »

How is 'gender fluid' confusing?
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Because it's too blur. Does it mean she can change gender on a whim ? That she's half male/female ? That she doesn't have a gender per se ? Plus it's "a bit", not a plain, clear, unequivocal "I'm gender fluid". Not that I'm that interested in the subject, but I perfectly understand that it can be seen as needlessly confusing, save if it quickly plays a part in the plot.

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

when you use the Term Metaphysical Emboidement... that tends to lean toward Does not have a gender but can appear however they want IE user preference IE in a classic Sense Angels and Demons Don't have genders... cause Gender is a human thing. Now If that was what they were trying to get across. Fine... The problem is some people have dropped the whole metaphysical angle and are working under the whole in Human context thing, IE is Alchemy a gender shifter, She's Both, She's whatever she wants on a given day etc etc. or She's just a Girl Reaper trying to explain her confusing Nature to a guy.

A little Clarity would be nice

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

vampire hunter D wrote:Gotta ask, whose idea was it to bring back a onepanel character from four years ago? And why her [Alchemy]?
Looking through this earlier, and saw this:
Giz, [url=http://www.pixietrixcomix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=409&p=275755#p275755]Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:19 am[/url], wrote:
TheEighth wrote:I remember this Reaper-girl from this comic: http://www.eeriecuties.com/d/20100922.html What's her name?
And did her petition save the rare spotted mexican chupacabra?
I don't think we named her... I'd have to dig in past scripts, but we do want to bring her back. We almost did in War Dance but then chose not to for various reasons.

Sam Orona

Post by Sam Orona »

To the creative ones: How do you name your characters? Is it a long, involved process, or do you have a technique that quickens the process? Whenever I'm about to start a story, I spend at least an hour or more coming up with the first names of the characters from babynames.com, and I look up surnames according to whatever ancestry my characters have.

What is your character-naming technique, and how long does it normally take you?

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Sam...as an MFA-W student and a writer my best advice is practice your skills, and come up with the best methods that work for you.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

What is currently the situation of Magic Chicks ? Is Shouri burdened with too much work but intending to come back to a more regular schedule (if so, when ?) ? Has she left it completely ? If so, is an alternative artist being considered ? Have the authors simply lost interest ? Is it simply much harder to write and draw ?

While people on the forum don't want to appear entitled, worry is growing. Some even wonder if MC is on its way to being canceled. The lack of further informations about what's going on doesn't help.

Warm regards.

Cranium

Post by Cranium »

I sent a Private Message within forum to Giz. Messages stay in my outbox till it is "read" by intended user I sent it to. So Giz has gotten the message and my inquire about the status of Magic Chicks, so either she just mass deletes Private Messages or has seen it. Hoping that we get a reply from Giz what is up with Magic Chicks lack of updates.
Have listed as friends: Artemisia, Bambikles, CFT, Don Alexander, Geeno, Gotoh, Insectoid, Schmorgluck, TJgalon, vampire hunter D
Tove is produced by Cassandra Wedeking's husband Severin Piehl click pic to partake of new comic.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Vernon Connolly (Born 10 September 1903 - Died 26 November 1974).
Grace head on Blair Body

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Okay, now it appears to have updated? There's a new thumbnail, but I can't find the new one...

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Archive link at the bottom of the pages of http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/ doesn't work - sends you to http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/archive/volume3 rather than http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/volume1/ (which, to be fair, could do with an update since it is currently stuck 90 strips ago!)

[Also, copyright date of "2012-2013"]

Insectoid

Post by Insectoid »

That's been a problem for quite a while. May as well use the drop-down box to navigate the archives.
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.

Cranium

Post by Cranium »

The "Latest Pixie Trix Comics" not showing any other pixie trix comics, nor is the latest update for Dangerous Chloe showing.
Have listed as friends: Artemisia, Bambikles, CFT, Don Alexander, Geeno, Gotoh, Insectoid, Schmorgluck, TJgalon, vampire hunter D
Tove is produced by Cassandra Wedeking's husband Severin Piehl click pic to partake of new comic.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Vernon Connolly (Born 10 September 1903 - Died 26 November 1974).
Grace head on Blair Body

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

when would be the "cast pages" be updated? some strips still do not have one

others are WAY WAY outdated

the "best cast page" is Ma3, and even with that one, it is slightly Outdated
ImageImage

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

It's been a while since there's been an answer in this thread, so I'm not sure I should really expect one, but the recent flow of the General Discussion has had me wondering, and I had to ask.

Ash and Faith (assuming she's alive for the time being, but it's irrelevant) clearly each know and aren't bothered that the other is running around with girls. It's not clear if Faith knew about Ash's affair with Dio, but if she did, she didn't seem to begrudge him that, either. Although it seems unlikely it would actually materialize, if Ash were to consider the prospect of Faith with another guy - nothing serious, mind you - would he put his hypothetical foot down?

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

I don't know if I expect any answers, but I have to put this out there: Are there too many comics gathered under the Pixie Trix umbrella?

Over the past few months, updates on Magick Chicks are spotty, at best, and Dangerously Chloe is down to maybe once a week. Even Eerie Cuties updates have become sporadic. The only comic that seems to update regularly is Menage a 3, and even those updates have been disrupted.

For the good of all, should one be either canceled or put on indefinite hiatus (which is almost as good as canceled)? This would allow all the artists and writers here more breathing room to normalize updates. I know fans of the comic under the ax would be upset -- I would be, too, because I still enjoy them all -- but wouldn't this action be for the greater good?

Totally my opinion, but MC seems to be the logical choice. The storyline could be quickly wrapped, and the characters re-absorbed into EC.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner