Ask Gisele, Dave and Shouri Questions Here

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Spidrift

Re: Ask Gisele, Dave and Shouri Questions Here

Post by Spidrift »

It looks like not. After all, they'd both have had a lot of explaining to do. Anyway, if Dakota involved her family in Mel's upbringing, they'd have been at risk from Anastasia's tendency to little schemes - and I'll bet that Anastasia wasn't the sort to be very fond of her own past family.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Who's the long-haired blonde behind Amelia in this strip? http://www.magickchicks.com/strips-mc/i ... chapter_12

Subsequent strips make it clear that Callista's the one holding the bottle (presumably, the bow's in her other hand), and Gabrielle's behind Tandy with the notepad. But she seems to vanish thereafter, and the camping trip only has six council members (Faith, Sandi, Tandy, Amelia, Gabrielle and Callie), which is said to be the "whole council". Did she vanish in a puff of retcon?

[Tags don't help. Only Sandi, Faith and Tandy are tagged: and that's actually Jacqui, not Faith!]

Cranium

Post by Cranium »

Very Good Question Zippy ...
Yeah I always wondered about the missing 7th member of the council as well (the blonde with both hands on the table). Guess she not COMBAT READY ... Maybe she attends the council but not member of the council? Maybe with all the time travel shenanigans going on ... Rain?
Have listed as friends: Artemisia, Bambikles, CFT, Don Alexander, Geeno, Gotoh, Insectoid, Schmorgluck, TJgalon, vampire hunter D
Tove is produced by Cassandra Wedeking's husband Severin Piehl click pic to partake of new comic.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Vernon Connolly (Born 10 September 1903 - Died 26 November 1974).
Grace head on Blair Body

Downly

Post by Downly »

First of all, congratulation on your (hopeful) success at Conecticon.

Now what made you draw this?
http://www.magickchicks.com/strips-mc/connecticon_2014

Was it out of your heart? Someone else asked you to draw it?

Insectoid

Post by Insectoid »

Well. Shouri is from Argentina. If you look at her Fragile comic site, you'll see that there is an identical chibi Shou there.
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.

Downly

Post by Downly »

I see. It is just that I saw a girl with the argentine shirt running away from everybody can guess what, and I was wondering if we should strike back. I have to say that I don't follow the Fragile comic and now that I see it and with your words, we remain cool.

And Shouri, we are Argentines. We let other do the "running away" thing ;)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Like Schürrle??? =)) =)) =))

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it was not meant to symbolize "running away" but "running around madly waving the flag and cheering".
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Downly

Post by Downly »

Germany played a great match. They are the champions after all.

My "running away" idea was reinforced when I saw the Fragile drawing. She seems to be still in denial. It takes some time to accept it.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I think it's more the fact that it has been stated that "the regular update schedule resumes today [Wednesday]." So we have a new (albeit uninked) EC, and possibly on Friday we could get a new MC and Fragile.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Downly wrote:Germany played a great match. They are the champions after all.

My "running away" idea was reinforced when I saw the Fragile drawing. She seems to be still in denial. It takes some time to accept it.
No, it was posted just after the semifinal. ;)
Technically, it's not a win. Games going through penalty kicks are counted as draws in statistics.

Downly

Post by Downly »

Yep, that is right. You win or lose as a team.
But I always had the feeling that it is unfair for the goalkeepers. In penalties is where they shine the most.

Sam Orona

Post by Sam Orona »

Question for the artists: How many drawings did you have to do before you got to a level where you felt you could draw professionally?

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Depends on your goal, I guess. If you want to draw a comic that's more newspaper style, you can get away with art that's not as technical or detailed. If you want to draw action, then that's gonna take a little longer. Honestly, if you're doing a webcomic, just start it and draw. There's no better practice. For me, I think I had to draw my run on P&A to get to where I wanted to be, so that's a lot of pages.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

And even at that, Giz, your style has changed and maybe improved over the years since you started Ma3 and EC.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Yeah, exactly. So, when does one turn pro art wise? I guess it all depends on what you're trying to achieve with it.