30-05-11 gut feeling

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Re: 30-05-11 gut feeling

Post by Searcher »

Yea, I had the same problem at another board long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away ... and I don't think I was ever really successful at changing anyone's mind.
"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

Weltall84

Post by Weltall84 »

My two cents on Ace's mental quandry is that I think Ace all this time kept thinking she/he was still a guy trapped in a girls body, and suddenly has realized that her/his brain isn't reacting totally as she/he would have expected it too.

Case in point, when originally thrown in the shower with Brooke during the sleepover, Ace acted embarassed and looked away as most shy/gentlemanly guys would (as well as the fact Brooke asked him/her to avert the eyes from the naughty bits). Slowly during the make-over, we see Ace have the first inklings of "comfort" with being a girl when she/he accepted she looked pretty good dolled up. (From here on in I'm gonna refer to Ace in female referances as writing she/he all the time is getting bleah)

Now we skip to now, we have Ace suddenly realizing she isn't reacting/feeling things she normally should have if she was a guy. I wouldn't so much say it's actual sexual preferance kicking as in as it could be Ace's brain adjusting to the physical body being damned different than it was originally, so mayhaps the magic has subtly helped the brain adjust least the transgenderee goes psychotic from sensory alteration overload, and Ace has just noticed it. Also given Ace, Nina and Brooke are at the age where teens atypically start to deeply invest in dating, really noticing the opposite gender (or notice the same gender makes them hot), and sexual awakenings, plus all the other "joys" of puberty, I'll bet money Ace probably had not fully explored her options as a guy dating girls, and as we know the "unjoy" of werewolf male puberty (ala his hands were fuzzy due to incomplete puberty while as a girl her body has matured fast enough the transformation is more controlled), it's little wonder as a girl Ace's getting those "signals" from a brain once belonging to a male body now recieving and interruptrating signals from a female body, thus her confusion isn't unexpected and probably needs to be addressed.

I can't wait to see later on when Brooke and Ace have a chance to chat again if Ace will get a chance to tell Brooke she jumped the gun on thinking Ace saw her as ugly and unattractive.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, this thread sure seed and sawed...
Ravenhull wrote:Brooke in the end is also channeling the classic teen trope thinking she's unattractive, when she realy is. Something I watched my then teen stepdaughter do in real life a few times...
I do hope you mean "when she really isn't." :P (just as Weltall84 above probably means typically when he writes atypically...)
sylentknight wrote:I guess I'm in the minority where I hope Ace does become a boy again. :ymsigh:
Nope, I'm with you there and muchly agree with your post.
Raamyah wrote:Well, gummi worms might be okay...
No. :|
Iceman wrote:Well, if we go into that direction, we could also say that the orb retroactively just knocked out the SRY gene (on chromosome Y).
Is that the "SRY, but you're male. :( " gene? :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

Well, SRY dictates the male phenotype, so, sure... :-\
The iceman cometh

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

"SRY" is textspeak for "sorry". ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

Yeah, I figured. I was just trying to take the joke even further, with bad results.
The iceman cometh

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

As M2F transsexuals would have it: SRY - you're a guy. O RLY?

Forgive me, Arty, I know that's extremely simplified (not really the word I'm looking for, but as close as I can get right now), but humor has to be "shorter". Brevity is the soul of wit, after all. If you can call what i do "wit".
PIXIE MEL!!!

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

:p Well, in my case, I'm probably XXY anyway...but I wasn't offended.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

jademushroom

Post by jademushroom »

there's a lot more going on in sex other than chromosomes. I know someone who has AIS [Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome].

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

My last doctor suspected that I may be MAIS and XXY, but since VHAP won't pay for it unless it's life threatening, I won't know until I can fork over a couple thousand for testing.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

jademushroom

Post by jademushroom »

I'm supportive of you Arte, but I can see where they're coming from. AIS isn't something that is life threatening, unless the person gets testicular cancer. There really isn't a problem to "fix" with AIS, unlike situations where, let's say a person ends up with a cloaca or something

Explaining AIS to people is a favored method of mine to explain intersexuality to people