23-05-11 another issue

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Re: 23-05-11 another issue

Post by Artemisia »

I think it's the angle in panel four that makes her bust look bigger. Ace may have put up a fight and not because of anything to do with gender. I did not want to attend my prom...it turned out to be a disaster anyway, but still...I have a feeling Ace just wouldn't have wanted to go. She's a very shy girl and still adjusting to life as a young woman. Dad on the other hand, just doesn't seem to be connected to reality these days...
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

bokonondeemax

Post by bokonondeemax »

Reject the dominant paradigm! Go for the short skirt and long jacket.
Bulls*** makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

I've had a thought. What are the odds that Ace is going to turn back into a boy at this dance, in front of everyone, possibly after being declared prom queen or something, in that dress?

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

I hope Brooke will wear whichever outfit she feels most comfortable in. It's important for her to try to have fun. The second consideration I recommend is color coordination. It helps almost everyone look as best as they can. :-)

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

I think Ace is enjoying life as a girl than life as a boy. Due mainly to having friends and feeling attractive. As Cappy pointed out, these things were sadly lacking from Ace's life as a boy. I don't think Ace has done a great deal of thought about the ramifications of girlhood, the internal changes and challenges - perhaps she's just not that introspective.
Dad still strikes me as a little creepy, if harmlessly so. He sure seems to love having a daughter. I get the sense that it's just Dad and Ace in the house, and that Dad is a bit of a "traditionalist". Maybe Dad just likes having a woman around the house. I wonder how the house work roles have changed in that house since the change, and he no doubt loves to dote on his little girl. I suspect that most, if not all, of Ace's boy clothing is in a Goodwill drop off somewhere, and Ace's closet is full of girl clothes, mostly dresses and skirts. I don't think Dad would ever try to DO anything untoward to Ace; I don't think it even occur to him, but I do think he's using Ace as an emotional stand-in for her mother.

To address the most important issue raised in this comic:
Ideally, I would like to see Brooke in the dress, WITH the jacket, fedora and cane - assuming that they coordinate. Failing that, she really would rock a tux.
PIXIE MEL!!!

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

How about Brooke in the dress, and Ace can wear the suit, and they go as a couple? (Just for fun.)

jbrecken

Post by jbrecken »

I hope she borrowed that suit from her sibling. I hear Brooke's brother's suits are pretty stylish.

WCRI

Post by WCRI »

Okay, I have got to ask... what the hell is O. T. P.?
Oh, Tiff. Got a body that don't quit and a brain that won't start. By AbstractVagabond
You know, for a major magical watchamacallit-thingy as powerful as this one, it's remarkably easy to activate. Just point and click. By duneshdw

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Jbrecken- good one! ;-)
WCRI- OTP is lost on me!

Thor

Post by Thor »

I think that Brooke should go for the third option -- wearing nothing at all. Just rocking it in scales and tail. That would certainly turn a few heads (and empty a few bladders).

And OTP is an Old Tired Pronouncement.
PLEASE NOTE: I have sig display off in my preferences, so please don't assume that I can read yours. Thank you.

MonCappy

Post by MonCappy »

Gil Hamilton wrote:I've had a thought. What are the odds that Ace is going to turn back into a boy at this dance, in front of everyone, possibly after being declared prom queen or something, in that dress?
That would piss me off if Dave and Giz did that. I honestly think that if they did the switch back in that manner, I'd be so furious that I would drop the comic for several months at the very least. While I would not take issue with Ace being restored to her birth sex, I would not like it to happen in that fashion. Ace has suffered butt monkey status enough. Let someone else take the role.
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

TVTropes Warning: OTP = One True Pairing

As for Brooke and her outfits, I kinda like the idea that she might wear the suit sans jacket and the tie loose. Especially if the shirt is snug enough to remind folks that she is female without getting silly. Brooke, no matter what she decides her orientation is, can easily pull off the Haruka Tenoh (Sailor Uranus for you infidels) look.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Chet Rippo

Post by Chet Rippo »

MonCappy wrote: Ace has suffered butt monkey status enough.
"Sometimes one can't control one's true nature." ha ha!
But in all seriousness, I doubt anything drastic will happen to Ace in this chapter. This story seems to revolve almost entirely around Layla and Brooke for the most part, but, we'll see.

Gargravarr

Post by Gargravarr »

I now officially ship AcexBrooke.
"Additional: Our biggest enemy is going space-crazy through loneliness. The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes."

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

OK, how cute is that strip? As it would be nice to see Ace and Brooke go together onto the dance floor, both in dresses, I think Brooke'd rather choose the suit. Especially so after she saw how she looked in Ace's old school uniform. Funniest would be if Brooke broke out the dress and gave Ace the suit.
The iceman cometh