23-05-11 another issue

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Lokitsu

Re: 23-05-11 another issue

Post by Lokitsu »

I'm having a serious case of deja vu as Ace and her dad remind me a lot of the beginning of Kashi Mashi. The day after Hazumu is resurrected as a girl, her parents fight over who gets to play dress up with her first. Its a cross between "Thanks for accepting me" and "Wait, does this mean you didn't love me when I was a boy?" :-o :))

vp21ct

Post by vp21ct »

Yeah, Ace's dad seems the sort of guy who is just so glad to have a child, that he doesn't care weather that child is a son, or daughter, or what. Mind you, he's probably very traditionally minded (based on what we've seen) and seems the sort of guy who'd be oblivious to Ace's feelings on the matter unless told them straight. But I do think that, if Ace protested against some of the way's she's being treated, her fathere'd back off a bit.

Which could lead to some interesting situations, I'm sure:

"Dad, I like girls. I like girls as a girl, and I'm pretty sure I like being a girl."

"B-b-b-b-but... Grandchildren..." in a sad, disappointed voice.

BrianX

Post by BrianX »

vp21ct wrote:Yeah, Ace's dad seems the sort of guy who is just so glad to have a child, that he doesn't care weather that child is a son, or daughter, or what. Mind you, he's probably very traditionally minded (based on what we've seen) and seems the sort of guy who'd be oblivious to Ace's feelings on the matter unless told them straight. But I do think that, if Ace protested against some of the way's she's being treated, her fathere'd back off a bit.

Which could lead to some interesting situations, I'm sure:

"Dad, I like girls. I like girls as a girl, and I'm pretty sure I like being a girl."

"B-b-b-b-but... Grandchildren..." in a sad, disappointed voice.
Three days later, Ace gets a book as a present, entitled "Adoption, the Supernatural, and You: a guide to the relevant laws in Canada".

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

Sooo.... you'd think daddy Wolfhart would think of giving his child away? Not likely, by the recent looks of it.... but... this being speculative people doing their best speculation, everything is possible.
The iceman cometh

BrianX

Post by BrianX »

Just a thought: what if Ace changed her name to Dorothy?

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

Then he wouldn't be in the correct story... or perhaps he would, if he were originally from Kansas.
The iceman cometh