16-05-11 chaperones

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

bokonondeemax

Re: 16-05-11 chaperones

Post by bokonondeemax »

True...of course Layla was committing felonies on school grounds in the very first comic as I recall...so even that may not be the standard. Heck, Twigitt's guilty too, surely pherobombing Ace wouldn't go over well in court. And like someone else said, standards have changed a lot in the lifetimes of some of the characters in this story...the current cultural trend towards respect for women's personal boundaries is fairly unusual in human history. I'm hoping the elusive Monsieur Delacroix shows up soon and adds his viewpoint to the mix.

EDIT: ...which may be quite unhealthy for Mr Purvis b-(
Bulls*** makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

Erm... who in their right mind places Armand as a chaperone? He's the last person I'd ask.

I'm perplexed. :-??

Also, Tellus.
The iceman cometh

bokonondeemax

Post by bokonondeemax »

How many teachers do you know that have a lot of free time? I imagine the school is happy to get anyone at all to volunteer for the extracurricular duties. Although, given the CH principal, some of those duties may not be volunteer work at all, but torture therapy.

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

Ah... you have a point.
The iceman cometh

theodoric476

Post by theodoric476 »

David Johnston wrote:
theodoric476 wrote:Only if you are a girl who likes girls in that special way.
Layla doesn't really, but she's still finding them useful.
How very true. But let us see how useful they are if Layla tries to start up with Kade again.
Birds of a feather flock together,
And so will pigs and swine;
Rats and mice will have their choice,
And so will I have mine. Nursery Rhyme

I may disagree with you but I am pretty sure you are not a NAZI Jon Steward/ The Daily Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiGmgqW6ES8 State Rep. Maureen Walsh (WA. 16th district. R)

We have no enemies, only opponents Ronald Reagan

What luck that men do not think. Adolf Hitler

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Well, she found Kade to be useful as well. i don't think she really liked or loved him.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

She certainly didn't act like it. It was like a one-way crush, that Layla just took advantage of.

Ps. Hands up, those who approve of Artie's new avatar.
*Raises hand.* :-bd
The iceman cometh

theodoric476

Post by theodoric476 »

Artemisia wrote:Well, she found Kade to be useful as well. i don't think she really liked or loved him.
There I respectfully disagree. The way I read the tea leaves is that she had a crust on him, enjoyed making out with him and still carried a torch for him. Personally I would rather see a Kade Nina match up. Any time he strayed on her, all she had to do was give him those big, puppy dog eyes and he would be a goner.

PS I fully recognize you might be right. There is reason to believe you are right. It is just how you read the tealeaves is all. Giz and Dave are very good at presenting evidence in such a way that different people can look at said evidence in different ways.

I may disagree with you but I am pretty sure you are not a NAZI Jon Steward/ The Daily Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiGmgqW6ES8 State Rep. Maureen Walsh (WA. 16th district. R)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Well, it certainly could be that way, but the way Layla acted towards Kade always made me feel like he wasn't really her boyfriend. As for Nina/Kade, those two would actually make a good couple. They're both not quite mature. Sometimes Kade seems to be the same age mentally as Nina.

Iceman,

I certainly love it, and I'm very thankful for the avatar :D
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

Here's a reference for your last statement.
Last edited by Iceman on Mon May 16, 2011 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The iceman cometh

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

Artemisia wrote: As for Nina/Kade, those two would actually make a good couple. They're both not quite mature.
That's why they wouldn't make a good couple. Neither is mature enough for a relationship.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

You're right :( so, who should Kade date?

bokonondeemax

Post by bokonondeemax »

I think the Fire and Ice girls oughta share him :ymdevil:

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

Well, isn't he going with Mel?
The iceman cometh

theodoric476

Post by theodoric476 »

One way you learn how to be mature enough to maintain a relationship is to start having them. It is time for Nina to start flexing her wings.