Magick Chicks 10-05-11 you should know better

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Giz
Site Admin

Magick Chicks 10-05-11 you should know better

Post by Giz »

Ack! Forgot to update. Here's the new strip. Sorry for the delay! http://www.magickchicks.com/d/20110510.html

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Re: Magick Chicks 10-05-11 you should know better

Post by Artemisia »

Oh well...And I agree with Melissa. . .this just keeps getting more and more complicated.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Post by Searcher »

For once, I must agree with Mel. :-\

At least Jacqui is being consistent :))
"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Wow he really is Ranma. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Monzach

Post by Monzach »

Aha, so there seems to be an informal pecking order between the different types of cadets. :-? I like the way Faith almost off-handedly gets that dig in at the magical cadets. At least in the Queen Bee's eyes it seems to be that ESPers are top, then the combat cadets and the magical cadets are the omegas of this here wolfpack! It's a beautiful setup, so me likey. Me likey very much indeed. :ymapplause:

And I'd also like to extend my congratulations to Ash for actually having thought about strategy. =))
If I tend to lurk, it might be because I'm a U-Boat fanboy *turns on the passive sonar and equips the Ruhmenkorff device*

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

Hah. I knew there was a method to Ash's madness. I wonder if Mel will try to stick her nose in the middle of this mess to stir things up, or whether she'll fade into the background to observe.

I like the snark from Faith concerning Magical Cadets and Espers. Clearly, at least to Faith, there's a hierarchy amongst Artemis Academy's factions, and hers is on top.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

If there was any doubt that Jacqui was the romantic of the crew. I'm starting like this guy. :))
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus
Purveyor of Puggles

Post by Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus »

Jacqui's reaction is pretty much what mine would be in her shoes :x
R.I.P. Don Alexander/Dr. David "Alex" Alexander Kann, 2/15/77-3/10/23 :( I'll never forget you or all the good times we had.

"Look up. The stars are shining for you."

Owner and Manager of McLovecraft's; Zany Genius Inventor of Ichory Delights

<3 PRIDE IN THY PUGGLES! <3

me: I remember biting Teach in the ass...
DA: We remember the REALLY important things.

Became Mrs. SP on 10/16/10 <3 :D

Now with mini Puggles! (as in babies) I have two boys, ages 7 and 4 :)

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Yup, I like Ash's plan... it shows that there wasn't one simple layer to his actions. Admittedly, he still got caught, but who's to say he's going to stay caught? ;)
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Depends on who's doing the catching, possibly. ;)
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Simone

Post by Simone »

Is it wrong that I want to see Faith kicking Ash ass seriously in next strip to show her full power that she's the boss here before our dear witches and that she stopped playing around?

Crossing fingers that there aren't any kind of love relation between Ash x Faith of some sort born through rivalry(but seems Faith addressed lover in some past strip as to him it's rather not happening)...

I want to see something not so cliche as MC turns so far.
And I hope that our witches will bring that fresh look to this typical all-girl plus nearby all-boy schools setting.

Stonefoot

Post by Stonefoot »

It looks to me like there had been a love relationship between Faith and Ash, but it's ended, possibly recently. We'll just have to wait and see.
A child of 5 could understand this. Fetch me a child of 5.
If you can get to 50 without growing up, you don't have to.
There are very few personal problems which can't be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

I agree with Mel also. It's her most intelligent observation so far, IMO. And I'm not at all surprised to see Jacqui thrilled to be complimented by such a -ahem- dashing young man. ;-)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Well, yes, he seems to dash around a lot. . .wouldn't that be a problem for Jacqui? I mean, first she has to catch him, then. . .OKAY, yes, coffee before conversation is a good thing!

Yes, my first thought on what you said was you meant dashing around, not handsome.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Post by Searcher »

Mel and Cerise are trying hard to firgure out how to get a leg up on the competition and Jacqui is just trying to get her legs up =))
"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.