Magick Chicks 29-04-11 some poor girl

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

showler

Re: Magick Chicks 29-04-11 some poor girl

Post by showler »

After some of the discussions last week, I think it's safe to assume most of the guys have done some wanking. I'm not sure if what the girls do can be described as wanking, but they seem to be doing it too.

More power to all of them. Especially the ones making use of batteries.

I wonder if I've crossed a line here?

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

No, I think we crossed a lot of lines recently that were far worse than this one.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

SigunardEclipse

Post by SigunardEclipse »

...I'm having a hard time understanding how I'm supposed to care about these main characters. :-\ In terms of negative vs positive I'd say they weight about as much on the negative side as Blair does; but he constantly gets kharmic retribution to counter balance those faults/misdeeds. This group/Cerise in particular still has much to atone for from the EC arc, let alone the various character flaws shown thus far in MC, and about the only thing "bad" that's happened is a tiny bit of public embarrassment?

I might understand if these characters were supposed to be villains like in EC but the story is trying to convince me they're in the protagonist role here. Round peg in square hole syndrome ensues. :-s
Last edited by SigunardEclipse on Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

Thor, though I agree you with about Ace's name, I feel it necessary to point out
People on this forum are going to call Ace whatever they want, and complaining about it does absolutely no good what so ever.
PIXIE MEL!!!

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Post by Searcher »

Artemisia wrote:No, I think we crossed a lot of lines recently that were far worse than this one.
:-?? Cross the line??? That line has been crossed so long ago I can't even see it anymore :-=
"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

SigunardEclipse wrote:...I'm having a hard time understanding how I'm supposed to care about these main characters. :-$ In terms of negative vs positive I'd say they weight about as much on the negative side as Blair does; but he constantly gets kharmic retribution to counter balance those faults/misdeeds. This group/Cerise in particular still has much to atone for from the EC arc, let alone the various character flaws shown thus far in MC, and about the only thing "bad" that's happened is a tiny bit of public embarrassment?

I might understand if these characters were supposed to be villains like in EC but the story is trying to convince me they're in the protagonist role here. Round peg in square hole syndrome ensues. :-s
Sigunard,

I agree, kind of. MC is so new that I don't think that we've seen where this is heading. A few months from now, I'll know where i stand on it, but given Giz and Dave's record, I'd say that it will get really good soon. There's a lot of ground to cover that they haven't hit on yet.

In this case, Patience will be well rewarded, I believe.

@Searcher

you mean it merged with the horizon?

Btw, I think the ship sailed, got boarded by pirates, converted into a spaceship and took off for parts unknown.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Artemisia wrote:Thor-

Are you calling your fellow forumites wankers?
If the sock fits...

theodoric476

Post by theodoric476 »

"Hey, I don't do the running!" Bless yoy Tiff.
Birds of a feather flock together,
And so will pigs and swine;
Rats and mice will have their choice,
And so will I have mine. Nursery Rhyme

I may disagree with you but I am pretty sure you are not a NAZI Jon Steward/ The Daily Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiGmgqW6ES8 State Rep. Maureen Walsh (WA. 16th district. R)

We have no enemies, only opponents Ronald Reagan

What luck that men do not think. Adolf Hitler

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

That wicked Cerise! She thinks because she's cute that she can get away with anything! Oh noes, she's probably right! :-0

Thor

Post by Thor »

Geeno wrote:People on this forum are going to call Ace whatever they want, and complaining about it does absolutely no good what so ever.
No good? It makes me feel better, so that's something. :p

More seriously, if they have the freedom to come here and say silly things, I should have the freedom to come here and occasionally roll my eyes at them. It can't be any more offensive than some of the more egregious off-topic things that go on (and on and on) here.

Of course, if there's a honest consensus that we should, in this forum, limit ourselves to talking only about the strips and the specific issues addressed in them, I would be down-right pleased to comply. Especially considering that there is a General Discussion forum here that is established and well-populated.
PLEASE NOTE: I have sig display off in my preferences, so please don't assume that I can read yours. Thank you.

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

SigunardEclipse wrote:...I'm having a hard time understanding how I'm supposed to care about these main characters. :-\ In terms of negative vs positive I'd say they weight about as much on the negative side as Blair does; but he constantly gets kharmic retribution to counter balance those faults/misdeeds. This group/Cerise in particular still has much to atone for from the EC arc, let alone the various character flaws shown thus far in MC, and about the only thing "bad" that's happened is a tiny bit of public embarrassment?

They're villain protagonists. As is usual for such things, they're up against a much worse villain.

shelmaliar

Post by shelmaliar »

If she defeats him, she gets to keep him... right? Right?

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

Thor wrote: No good? It makes me feel better, so that's something. :p

More seriously, if they have the freedom to come here and say silly things, I should have the freedom to come here and occasionally roll my eyes at them.
I concur! I love the polite eye-rolling, done with the proper nod of the head.
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

Dusky Winters. I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere, but I'm not seeing it right now.

I'm wondering how alike Dusky and Tiff are. Can he be as clueless as she is (at times)? I'm betting yes.

I guess that's how Cerise rolls. If she has a problem, she ZZZAAKKKKs it.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

showler

Post by showler »

Count de Money wrote:Dusky Winters. I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere, but I'm not seeing it right now.
Buffy Summers. Dawn Summers. Tiffany Winters. Dusk(y) Winters.

The name's only a joke in relation to BtVS.