Magick Chicks 12-04-11 Eat you up

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

showler

Re: Magick Chicks 12-04-11 Eat you up

Post by showler »

Problem is that would require affecting everyone, all the time. Besides, 'porting, jumping, sliding, whatever you call it is a common ESPer power, appearing in many sources such as Kimagure Orange Road and even being included on the Wikipedia page for Psychokinesis. Given the evidence and Tiffany's statement that she can't keep track of the number of powers Faith possesses, it seems likely that she does real teleportation.

I wonder if her name implies that her powers come from her followers and the key to stopping her is to break her followers faith in her?

Quote removed. The DAMNed

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

Being described as possessing countless powers suggests that she's a power mimic, able to tap into the powers of those she has under her sway. Interacting with the school's magic could be because she has soldier cadets like Tiffany under her sway. If she could get Melissa, she might get Melissa's powers.

anhdang
Danger Ranger

Post by anhdang »

If Faith is evil, then I'm rooting for the dark side. Lol.

Judanas

Post by Judanas »

Umm...wow.

Mind control or at least emotion control which is pretty iffy too.

I just lost all liking of Faith. Still love her minions, they are too cute but Faith? Oh wow, Evil.

Also, long time reader, first time poster. Hi.

MonCappy

Post by MonCappy »

I think the verdict is still out on Faith. What I am curious about with regards to her is what her overarching goals are besides gaining thralls.
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com

Daris

Post by Daris »

I say the real way to beat her is hotbloodedness! Hotbloodedness defeats all! And the power of rock! We cannot forget that!

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

I say the real way to beat her is... to never give up?

No, the power of friendship? That sounds like it would just make things worse.

Remembering that everyone has some good in their heart? Blah. We need some other trite sayings.
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

Judanas

Post by Judanas »

Bah, they need to contact the magic department and sick some Magical Girls on her. They will show her the true power of friendship, GIANT LASERS.

It may involve destroying a building or two but I'm sure they can befriend the hell out of Faith.

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

The Nick wrote:I say the real way to beat her is... to never give up?

No, the power of friendship? That sounds like it would just make things worse.

Remembering that everyone has some good in their heart? Blah. We need some other trite sayings.
How about they just show courage? :| Seriously, what was up with the end of Soul Eater?
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

sun tzu

Post by sun tzu »

Hm. I'll admit, there's a part of me that's hoping Faith really is using mind-control, because, well, hypnofetish. :ymblushing:
There's another part of me that's been hoping she wasn't a total bitch practically since her first appearance, but I can't say I'm getting my hopes up for that. ;)

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

You know, part of me is wondering if Faith is the one in the 'wrong school'... :-?
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

showler wrote:Problem is that would require affecting everyone, all the time.
Not necessarily. If Faith can make a permanent change to someone's emotions then she only has to do it once. It will be interesting to discover whether her powers are limited in any way so that, for example, she can make people idolise her but not create enmity between others or, perhaps, she can only affect people the same age or younger than herself. It would go without saying that the school's staff ought to be capable of protecting themselves but, from the exasperated response of the principal, it doesn't seem that they can stop her affecting students.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

And after a great battle defeating Tiff, Faith will see the light, get a sex change operation and call herself Xavier...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

sun tzu

Post by sun tzu »

Judanas wrote:Mind control or at least emotion control which is pretty iffy too.

I just lost all liking of Faith. Still love her minions, they are too cute but Faith? Oh wow, Evil.
I occasionally feel conflicted when reading hypnofetish stories.
On the one hand, mind control is hot (subjective, of course). @-)
On the other hand, I generally root for the good guys to win. (With rare exceptions, because damn Thrawn was cool!) O:-)
Usually, in stories designed to appeal to the MC crowd, I can ignore the ethical aspect and focus on the hotness. Every now and then, though, I come across a story where I can't ignore it - and either I end up feeling dirty and/or horrified, or the good guys win and defeat the evil MCer.
Now, if Faith is an MCer (and it's looking more and more that way)? To an extent, I could ignore the ethical implications of her turning her entourage into her pets. I wouldn't mind her doing the same to the Hellrunites, who are pretty bitchy themselves.
...But I'd still root for Tiffany to win, because I find her little heroic quest pretty sympathetic.

Judanas

Post by Judanas »

Yeah, Tiff is just too cute for her own good. She's like a cute Don Quitoxe.

I have the issue that I find her minions too cute as well but unfortunetly the whole 'She uses Mind Control' is tainting it a little. I would love to see the Hellrunes break the mind control and them still stand by her.

Maybe it's just emotion control.

Still, I am wondering what Tiffs powers REALLY are. She has said she isn't a mage or an esper but she has used the mini mech. Maybe she just runs on willpower and courage with the magic being provided completely by the school.