Magick Chicks 12-04-11 Eat you up

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Magick Chicks 12-04-11 Eat you up

Post by Don Alexander »

yira!!

You are showing interesting sides of yourself here... :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Yeah, I don't know what's up with me tonight. :))

I'm enjoying it while it lasts.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Why am I getting visions of Futurama and Amy saying "so, the orgies off?"

And here your avatar looks so sweet and innocent Yira. I guess we all have those hidden dark places in our minds :ymdevil:
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Daris

Post by Daris »

Go Tiff Go! Show them the power of your spirit! Because you Tiffany Winters are Tiffany Winters! And if you keep your spirit up, and don't fall for their wily tricks, you cannot lose!

WCRI

Post by WCRI »

So... what kind of creature is it that feeds off of other people's emotions? (and I don't mean making them feel empowered, but literally feeding off the pressed upon emotion of devotion, and desire of them) I think Faith, is going down the dark side of her kind's capability.

:ympray: Oh please let Tiff's little mental resistance reaction do something to (even if only momentarily) disrupt Faith's little mind control routine. ... and make her woozy at the same time (Faith that is)
Oh, Tiff. Got a body that don't quit and a brain that won't start. By AbstractVagabond
You know, for a major magical watchamacallit-thingy as powerful as this one, it's remarkably easy to activate. Just point and click. By duneshdw

theodoric476

Post by theodoric476 »

I might be beginning to understand where Tiff is comming from. If the good guys are this bad just emagine how bad the monsters must be in her mind. Poor Tiff.
Birds of a feather flock together,
And so will pigs and swine;
Rats and mice will have their choice,
And so will I have mine. Nursery Rhyme

I may disagree with you but I am pretty sure you are not a NAZI Jon Steward/ The Daily Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiGmgqW6ES8 State Rep. Maureen Walsh (WA. 16th district. R)

We have no enemies, only opponents Ronald Reagan

What luck that men do not think. Adolf Hitler

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

This strip really calls for the "DUN-DUN DUUUUUUNNN!" sound effect.

How would we classify Faith? Lawful evil? Chaotic good? Or something else?

I have a burning suspicion Faith isn't what she appears to be. Beware anyone who commands that kind of blind devotion from her followers.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

theodoric476

Post by theodoric476 »

I always had a problem of the alignment system of D & D. As a thought exercise I used to ask what alignment would you give "Dirty Harry?" (I know I am dating myself. I hope some you know who he is) I also asked people to justify their claim. I got everything from LG to CE. The funny thing everybody could make a reasonable argument justifying their position. It said more about the person than Harry. It did get some really interesting conversations going though.
Birds of a feather flock together,
And so will pigs and swine;
Rats and mice will have their choice,
And so will I have mine. Nursery Rhyme

I may disagree with you but I am pretty sure you are not a NAZI Jon Steward/ The Daily Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiGmgqW6ES8 State Rep. Maureen Walsh (WA. 16th district. R)

We have no enemies, only opponents Ronald Reagan

What luck that men do not think. Adolf Hitler

DinoJake

Post by DinoJake »

"All I want is your love Tiff...."

Lady Gaga's bad romance sprung to mind when I first read that. And now it's stuck in my head. Thank you Giz :-w

Also, I don't know if anyone's caught this yet, but Faith has a Meaningful Name. I.E., she uses her (possible) mind and/or emotion control powers to inspire near-fanatical loyalty and unquestioned faith in her followers.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

As for the problem with setting 'alignment', here is the infamous Batman chart: Warning, very large image
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

dahoughtonuk

Post by dahoughtonuk »

theodoric476 wrote:I might be beginning to understand where Tiff is coming from. If the good guys are this bad just imagine how bad the monsters must be in her mind. Poor Tiff.
I know before Tiff seemed crazy. But after this a lot more of her behaviour makes sense. After days fighting a losing war against the great and hidden evil that is Faith, she just switches her brain off.

This also explains why she enjoyed her time in CH.For once the 'evil' was obvious.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Yeah, I think Tiff's delima here has affected how she see's other things. Like I said in post #2, this may explain a bit of her flackyness with Layla. Here, she is faced with a 'hero' who is deliberately trying to create an attraction to her. Then, interacting with Layla at the store, she found an attraction, even if only as a friend level, to a 'monster.' And then there is the problem that based on what we have seen so far, the 'moster' is a better person than the 'hero.' The possibility that she might be facing some kind of backlash from her peers for not worshiping Faith might be a factor too, leaving her to feel more isolated.

Of course, I might be looking at this so deeply that I'm actually reading the novel sitting behind my monitor... 8-}
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Lindadori

Post by Lindadori »

oh my... Faith, I'M A..... SLAAAAAAVE FOR YOU!
Yes, I've always had a thing for villians: Milady da Winter, Marquise de Merteuil, Jeanne de La Motte (it's a Rose of Versailles' character)... they just blow up my mind and make me sing stupid Britney Spears songs.
Ah, Italy enslaved, abode of misery,/ pilotless ship in a fierce tempest tossed,/ no mistress over provinces but a harlot! (Dante)

Eyeless Blond

Post by Eyeless Blond »

mac2 wrote:
Artemisia wrote:We need someone to counter Faith. . .and all they have is Tiff?
Then they're SOL, aren't they.

I'm getting some reality warper vibes from Faith. Especially the fact that she seems to use her powers to make people like her.
Eh, not necessarily. So far I'm seeing Powerful Psychic:

1) "Teleportation" -- causing people to forget the tine between her moving from one place to another; essentially the target "loses time".
2) "Insta-lesbian" -- again, not a problem for a psychic.

Heck, if we want to take this a bit further she could be a psychic vampire, someone who literally feeds off other people's emotions.
Thor wrote:You know, if I was Jacqui, I'd use the fact that I don't have any lines or screen time or much of an established personality and GTFO of there.

Seriously, Jacqui needs to have more to her personality other than being the third Magick Chick. So far Melissa is the Impulsive Leader, and Cerise is the Conniving Schemer, and Jacqui is the . . . what? :-w
So, you're suggesting she be the Token Sane One? That's a lonely title to have, especially in a series like this. :)

dahoughtonuk

Post by dahoughtonuk »

Ravenhull wrote:Yeah, I think Tiff's delima here has affected how she sees other things. Like I said in post #2, this may explain a bit of her flakiness with Layla. Here, she is faced with a 'hero' who is deliberately trying to create an attraction to her. Then, interacting with Layla at the store, she found an attraction, even if only as a friend level, to a 'monster.' And then there is the problem that based on what we have seen so far, the 'monster' is a better person than the 'hero.' The possibility that she might be facing some kind of backlash from her peers for not worshipping Faith might be a factor too, leaving her to feel more isolated.

Of course, I might be looking at this so deeply that I'm actually reading the novel sitting behind my monitor... 8-}
I still believe Tiff is flaky and romanticises things,but I don't think she's quite as bad as she seemed. She's changed from a comic figure to a semi-tragic one. And your probably right about isolated. She's the one who is sabotaging Faith's plans.
Hopefully Tiff's gained Allies or replacements if she is the other exchange student..