Magick Chicks 12-04-11 Eat you up

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Magick Chicks 12-04-11 Eat you up

Post by Don Alexander »

By the way, if Tiff goes on like this, I'm afraid her secret identity as the MAAA will be revealed!!! :-o

Anyone finding sarcasm may keep it.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

theodoric476

Post by theodoric476 »

I suspect that the Coven has been brought in as ringers for the administration of AA. The principle knows what is going on but is unable to challenge. If I am right witches are immune to Faith's ability. That might be one thing that makes witches fall in the category of nonhuman or monsters. I bet they are banking that Mel's desire to be Queen Bee will make an alliance between Mel and Faith unlikely.

P. S, Tiff, you really are a hero! I did not see that one coming.

P.P.S. Giz, Dave, great strip.
Birds of a feather flock together,
And so will pigs and swine;
Rats and mice will have their choice,
And so will I have mine. Nursery Rhyme

I may disagree with you but I am pretty sure you are not a NAZI Jon Steward/ The Daily Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiGmgqW6ES8 State Rep. Maureen Walsh (WA. 16th district. R)

We have no enemies, only opponents Ronald Reagan

What luck that men do not think. Adolf Hitler

Simone

Post by Simone »

So Faith has an Esper ability which is comaprable to succubus but which works too on girls or maybe only on girls?

Sandi is Faith cute pet, and I think she's completely comfortable in that role.

And Tiff?
Well first Layla, now Faith who holds interest in her, Miss Popular :D
Seems all Espers can take power from s chool and use it or maybe only the most powerful ones?
theodoric476 wrote:I suspect that the Coven has been brought in as ringers for the administration of AA. The principle knows what is going on but is unable to challenge. If I am right witches are immune to Faith's ability. That might be one thing that makes witches fall in the category of nonhuman or monsters. I bet they are banking that Mel's desire to be Queen Bee will make an alliance between Mel and Faith unlikely.

P. S, Tiff, you really are a hero! I did not see that one coming.

P.P.S. Giz, Dave, great strip.
This would be interesting development, I wonder how Tiff would react that Mel & co are real witches, and also are coming from the same school as her 'best friend' Layla.
Maybe on next gathering/concert with Layla Tiff will take Mel & co.

MonCappy

Post by MonCappy »

Tiffany's act of defiance at the end seems to me to carry a hint of desperation. I can't help but think her ability to resist Faith is gradually waning. Having allies in the form of Melissa and the Hellrunites might be just the thing she needs to continue the fight.
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com

Cassius_Draken

Post by Cassius_Draken »

An esper is a person with psychic powers, isn´t it? So Faith probably uses mental control and conditioning to assert her power, making her followers nothing more than loyal pets. Buf, Mel is a rookie compared with her... Mel is only mean, but Faith is truly evil...

Affortunately, Tiff seems to stubborn to fall to her... charms :-bd

verityheld

Post by verityheld »

Fire poker--okay, let me try--reference to the Twilight Zone movie with that esper child who sends people out to the cornfield if he doesn't like them. That one poor guy who called upon somebody to hit that brat with a fire poker while he (the guy) takes the brunt of the child's powers?

As for Tiff weakening, I think she was caught off-guard. This is Tiffany Winters we're talking about! Judging from Faith's look and how she used the name Winters as a swear word I'd say Tiff has been an annoyance to Faith for some time. Besides, think about it; Faith uses her mind-powers to captivate and enthrall the brains of others; when it comes to Tiffany's brain it's . . . it's. . . . like trying to grasp air . . . it's not that Tiffany doesn't have a brain, it's just that trying to control hers is like . . . like . . . well, anyway, Tiff's mind is very hard to control!

Gargravarr

Post by Gargravarr »

When she first appeared I was uneasy about Faith. Now I flat-out dislike her. I've never liked that particular power/personality combination.
"Additional: Our biggest enemy is going space-crazy through loneliness. The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes."

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Even though I know a man's not supposed to strike a woman. I pretty much wanted to slap the taste out of Faith's mouth at first sight Gargravarr so your not the only one. What can I say I HATE, LOATHE, AND DESPISE people like that.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

verityheld wrote:Fire poker--okay, let me try--reference to the Twilight Zone movie with that esper child who sends people out to the cornfield if he doesn't like them. That one poor guy who called upon somebody to hit that brat with a fire poker while he (the guy) takes the brunt of the child's powers?

As for Tiff weakening, I think she was caught off-guard. This is Tiffany Winters we're talking about! Judging from Faith's look and how she used the name Winters as a swear word I'd say Tiff has been an annoyance to Faith for some time. Besides, think about it; Faith uses her mind-powers to captivate and enthrall the brains of others; when it comes to Tiffany's brain it's . . . it's. . . . like trying to grasp air . . . it's not that Tiffany doesn't have a brain, it's just that trying to control hers is like . . . like . . . well, anyway, Tiff's mind is very hard to control!
I was thinking of The Hogfather and how the poker in the nursery would only effect monsters, so it doesn't hurt Death, but kills Teatime.

Second point, Tiffany and MMAA are probably two different people, and this is why Faith can't control Tiff. She tries to control one, but the other surfaces. It might actually be a side effect of having been bitten by Layla while Tiff was out of her body.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Cassius_Draken

Post by Cassius_Draken »

Even though I know a man's not supposed to strike a woman. I pretty much wanted to slap the taste out of Faith's mouth at first sight Gargravarr so your not the only one. What can I say I HATE, LOATHE, AND DESPISE people like that.
Well, she is a villain. Typical charismatic and manipulator villain; she is not designed to like us for her personality. I "like" her for her charm and cleverness (as a villain, of course) :D

Besides, Faith is very pretty in the fifth panel :x

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Actually Cassius it was her "Charm" and "Cleverness" that made me dislike her. I dealt with a whole clique of that back in school. Built up a resistance to their bulls&!t right quick that did. :ymdevil:
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

WCRI wrote:So... what kind of creature is it that feeds off of other people's emotions? (and I don't mean making them feel empowered, but literally feeding off the pressed upon emotion of devotion, and desire of them) I think Faith, is going down the dark side of her kind's capability.

:ympray: Oh please let Tiff's little mental resistance reaction do something to (even if only momentarily) disrupt Faith's little mind control routine. ... and make her woozy at the same time (Faith that is)
Faith is a psychic vampire. She probably feeds off of the emotions and thoughts of others and uses them to make herself stronger. They're worse than real vampires, honestly. At least with a 'real' vampire, you know where you stand. With a psychic vampire, well, they make you stand where they want you to and you don't even know that you're their food source.

Tiff, I think, may be a separate entity from MMAA. It would actually explain a lot.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

RoninAngel

Post by RoninAngel »

MMMMMM... that... is really hot. If loving Faith is wrong, I don't wanna be right. :x
I'm pretty sure if I was at that school I would be a drooling Faith-minion and never look back. I know it says unpleasant things about my moral character, but who cares? She's so... charming. :ymblushing:
"LIFE is dangerous, Sandi! EMBRACE LIFE!"
Faith Abbot, to Sandi on Magic Chicks.

Cassius_Draken

Post by Cassius_Draken »

That´s the point. That kind of manipulators use their charm to enthrall people, and is what makes them desirable :D

As a villain, I love Faith. The charming and seemingly "good" manipulator (or psychic vampire, as Artemisa said); It´s much better than the archetypes of "evil genious" or "brute dumbass".

showler

Post by showler »

A thought occurred to me last night, before the update (though that doesn't matter).

We haven't had contact with anyone from the Magical Cadets yet. We also don't know how secretive the various "C"s are from each other.

I wouldn't be very surprised if the Coven ends up going to meet the Magical Cadets leadership for the first time, fearful of being found out as witches, only to have the MCs immediately identify them as witches. Except it isn't a problem because the MCs recognize that there is no major difference between a Witch and a Magic User and there are actually other witches in the Magical Cadets already....they just keep it secret within the MCs because the other groups don't accept them.