11-04-11 YouTube

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

theodoric476

Re: 11-04-11 YouTube

Post by theodoric476 »

You have a legitimate first point. I concede it.

On the second point people who do not believe in vampires, almost everybody, would just say the people who believe in vampires were nuts. All the evidence you suggest could be explained away and would be explained away.
Birds of a feather flock together,
And so will pigs and swine;
Rats and mice will have their choice,
And so will I have mine. Nursery Rhyme

I may disagree with you but I am pretty sure you are not a NAZI Jon Steward/ The Daily Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiGmgqW6ES8 State Rep. Maureen Walsh (WA. 16th district. R)

We have no enemies, only opponents Ronald Reagan

What luck that men do not think. Adolf Hitler

Thor

Post by Thor »

Yes, but the people who believe in vampires -- and I am talking about the EC-universe here -- are not necessarily looking to prove it to others. They are looking at it more as research for Hunting.

I mean who cares if a lot of mundanes assume that it is cosplay? The actual Hunters who are looking for the actual vampires are the ones who would be likely to see the authenticity in this video, and they are the ones to whom this video should not be exposed.

One wonders how many other damning videos Blair has made of the Delacroixs and how much danger they might be in if the right people see it? He did say he had a YouTube channel. That sort of implies previous postings.
PLEASE NOTE: I have sig display off in my preferences, so please don't assume that I can read yours. Thank you.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Layla: "Quick, turn human and lets do this before Blair gets back. No sense ending up on his YouTube channel."

Cue Mom finding daughter with naked female friend.

http://www.eeriecuties.com/d/20110124.html

I think they know about the YouTube channel. What's worse is. . .it kind of did.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

theodoric476

Post by theodoric476 »

Thor wrote:Yes, but the people who believe in vampires -- and I am talking about the EC-universe here -- are not necessarily looking to prove it to others. They are looking at it more as research for Hunting.

I mean who cares if a lot of mundanes assume that it is cosplay? The actual Hunters who are looking for the actual vampires are the ones who would be likely to see the authenticity in this video, and they are the ones to whom this video should not be exposed.

One wonders how many other damning videos Blair has made of the Delacroixs and how much danger they might be in if the right people see it? He did say he had a YouTube channel. That sort of implies previous postings.
People who care about vampires already know everything they need to know. They have the history of their hunting. The hunters already know where Delacroixs family live or else they are so incompitent that a youtube vid will not help them.

I may disagree with you but I am pretty sure you are not a NAZI Jon Steward/ The Daily Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiGmgqW6ES8 State Rep. Maureen Walsh (WA. 16th district. R)

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

Thor wrote:Yes, but the people who believe in vampires -- and I am talking about the EC-universe here -- are not necessarily looking to prove it to others. They are looking at it more as research for Hunting.

Yeah because....um why not?

jademushroom

Post by jademushroom »

there's a reason why in the military access to facebook, youtube, myspace and twitter are restricted. most ppl dont think about hiding where they are, and even then there's things u can easily miss [background]. esp if it's a frequent user.

if blair has an account and routinely uploads files of the school and/or family, there may be hunters monitoring the account already.

Thor

Post by Thor »

theodoric476 wrote:People who care about vampires already know everything they need to know. They have the history of their hunting. The hunters already know where Delacroixs family live or else they are so incompitent that a youtube vid will not help them.
Yeah, I admit, it doesn't make a lot of sense, given what we have been given so far.

"Rumors are okay, but no one can know monsters attend our school." WTF? They want people to sorta know they are there, but not really? /:) That's a messed-up security protocol. Especially since it seem to rely on the few vampire students wandering around the grounds at just the right time to knock them out and wipe (most of) their memories.

Of course, this might just be like Harry Potter, where none of the Wizarding World makes the slightest bit of sense if you give it half a consideration. It's probably best to just not pay any attention to the man behind the curtain. X_X
PLEASE NOTE: I have sig display off in my preferences, so please don't assume that I can read yours. Thank you.

theodoric476

Post by theodoric476 »

that I agree with you.

Stonefoot

Post by Stonefoot »

Artemisia wrote:I was just wondering if they set the video to "Layla" by Derrick and the Dominoes. And I will wonder if anyone gets that.
Well, one person does at least (me, obviously). And for anyone who doesn't, here are YouTube links to the original 1970 version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WUdlaLWSVM
and a 1999 concert performance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX5USg8_1gA
A child of 5 could understand this. Fetch me a child of 5.
If you can get to 50 without growing up, you don't have to.
There are very few personal problems which can't be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

@Stonefoot

"Layla" is kind of sort of obliquely a reference to an old Persian myth about a woman named Layla who was in a forbidden relationship with some guy. It was used heavily in the early days of talk shows, it was often used as the background for introducing lesbian couples, according to what I've been told. What can I say, I've got a trivial mind.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Post by Searcher »

theodoric476 wrote:

People might assume that Nina was just a vampire wantabe rather than a real vampire.
I know I do :D
"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

Thor wrote:[

"Rumors are okay, but no one can know monsters attend our school." WTF? They want people to sorta know they are there, but not really? /:) That's a messed-up security protocol. Especially since it seem to rely on the few vampire students wandering around the grounds at just the right time to knock them out and wipe (most of) their memories.
No, they can just put up with people sort of knowing they are there. Since after all, there's no way to prevent it.

Stonefoot

Post by Stonefoot »

Artemisia wrote:@Stonefoot

"Layla" is kind of sort of obliquely a reference to an old Persian myth about a woman named Layla who was in a forbidden relationship with some guy. It was used heavily in the early days of talk shows, it was often used as the background for introducing lesbian couples, according to what I've been told. What can I say, I've got a trivial mind.
Fascinating! After a brief foray into Wikipedia (less than half an hour) I know a lot more about a song I thought I already knew (and the story of Layla and Majnun). As for the early (or later) talk shows, I have succeeded in avoiding them almost completely. Mostly, I think, to my advantage. And having a mind for trivia? I know what that's like: I've played Trivial Pursuit very few times, but I won the first game I played. I was amazed to hear questions on topics I had never been interested in, and find the answers somehow popping into my head.
A child of 5 could understand this. Fetch me a child of 5.
If you can get to 50 without growing up, you don't have to.
There are very few personal problems which can't be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.

Lindadori

Post by Lindadori »

Teh-eh-eh... If everyone else told Brooke was the "husband" I would get soooo mad! That's because it somehow implies that lesbians are not 'real women' and this is very sexist IMO.I think that it's only a different way to be a woman. I somehow sympathize with Brooke when she gets angry for being taken for a guy, because I don't think that being a tomboy means not being a girl, it's a different way to be a woman, a way which doesn't correspond to stereotypes and narrow-minded people just don't get it. Anyway, I just can't be mad at Nina, she's childish and she isn't speaking with malice, quite the opposite. Maybe is a family gift, because I can't stay mad at Maria too...
Thanks to Blair, Layla was taking thing too rationally (while Brooke is just beginnig to lose her temper), we needed him to trigger the 'chaos and doom' switch!
Ah, Italy enslaved, abode of misery,/ pilotless ship in a fierce tempest tossed,/ no mistress over provinces but a harlot! (Dante)

MonCappy

Post by MonCappy »

theodoric476 wrote:You know if this was not a comic strip written by Giz and Dave this could have horrible and long lasting consequences for Brooke.
To be fair, this comic seems a bit more plot and character driven then Ma3. I would not be surprised if there are some repercussions for Brooke (even if they aren't of the horrible and long long lasting variety). It largely depends on how tolerant and accepting the students of Charybdis Heights are to students with alternative from the norm sexual orientations.
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com