06-04-11 pouting in a tree

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Power_Pachyderms

Re: 06-04-11 pouting in a tree

Post by Power_Pachyderms »

jademushroom wrote:there's a couple of groups that work to remove restrictions to gay marriage
Personally speaking, its better to work towards ending ALL State involvement in Marriage, period. What 2 (or more) consenting adults decide to do as far as commit to a relationship is none of The State's or anyone's business but their own. Besides, its an Usurped Power (which is a blatant and egregious violation of the 9th and 10th Amendments; marriage is an institution that predates the idea of government anyway and should not be able to define in any capacity what does or does not constitute a marriage).

As to the strip itself....never a dull moment :D
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." ~William Pitt
"Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken
Presenting a different vision of Robotech via illustration...

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

Power_Pachyderms wrote:Personally speaking, its better to work towards ending ALL State involvement in Marriage, period.D
Like it or not, the adjudication of contracts (and contractual disputes) will always be a responsibility of the even the most libertarian state.

Quote tree pruned. The DAMNed

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

Power_Pachyderms wrote:Personally speaking, its better to work towards ending ALL State involvement in Marriage, period. What 2 (or more) consenting adults decide to do as far as commit to a relationship is none of The State's or anyone's business but their own. Besides, its an Usurped Power (which is a blatant and egregious violation of the 9th and 10th Amendments; marriage is an institution that predates the idea of government anyway and should not be able to define in any capacity what does or does not constitute a marriage).

As to the strip itself....never a dull moment :D
They don't handle the relationship itself, just the legal implications of it. For instance, who owns what when they split on bad terms. How much of a tax benefit they get for being married. Who has legal rights over kids and medical procedures (without doing other paper work). If two people want to live together and say that they're married, they can. They just need government approval to get legal benefits of being married.

Quote tree pruned. The DAMNed
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

jademushroom

Post by jademushroom »

I agree that the USA should just get out of marriage completely [look at Denmark, everyone gets a civil union from the gov, u get 'married' by your religious house of worship]. But it's highly unlikely that the USA would do that.

In the United States there are 1138 federal rights and benefits available to opposite sex married couples but not to same sex couples.
Individual states vary, Massachusetts for example guarantees 500 additional rights and benefits.

noahkai

Post by noahkai »

So...no one is going to question how the footage of Lyla having to drink Brooke's blood in order to live was obtained?

Anyone? Anyone? Hey teacher standing over there you going to ask? No? Well, anyone else?

Bueller?

Really? No? Okay then, just blindly believe the fact they're lovers and not take what they're going to say as the truth then...

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

noahkai wrote:So...no one is going to question how the footage of Lyla having to drink Brooke's blood in order to live was obtained?
Not with Nina standing right there having turned it into a tribute to their "love".

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

I like to imagine they've already posted it up on the hot new website, Melusine Gone Wild.
Vamps Gone Wild rolls off the tongue better, but I imagine melusine are a bit more of a niche product.
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

Heavensrun

Post by Heavensrun »

yiraheerai wrote:
Blissfull Wulf wrote:Nina, Run.

=)) =)) =)) =))
This is pretty much my reaction. =))

Considering how happy everyone is, it makes me wonder why our duo is looking sort of smug. :-?
Actually, I didn't take Cessily's expression to convey "smug" so much as...boggled and amused? It seems to have a "Well, -this- isn't exactly what I'd planned..." quality.

Laura is smug, sure, but laura also isn't exactly the brightest bulb on the shelf.