Magick Chicks 01-04-11 I'm okay!

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Magick Chicks 01-04-11 I'm okay!

Post by Don Alexander »

Java wrote:
Java wrote:Competent? I just assumed she was going to fall over stupidly in the next page comedic-ly.
Close enough to say that I called it.
So you did!!! :ymhug: \:d/

Anyway, yep, here's the Tiff we've all come to know and love!! :D

And I don#t really get Mel. Why is she lying on the floor, and looking deranged in the last panel??
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Mel's not in the last panel. The blonde in the last panel is Tiff.
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Wait... Did Tiff throw the smoke bomb, run away, take off her mask, and then come zooming back, pretending she was someone completely different???
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

A-yup.
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Remember who we are talking about here, Don... Tiff isn't working with all four suits...
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

Don Alexander wrote:Wait... Did Tiff throw the smoke bomb, run away, take off her mask, and then come zooming back, pretending she was someone completely different???
Wait. Are you suggesting that the Mysterious Masked Academy Avenger might be Tiffany?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

And Sonya is totally not Lesbian, either. :P
ImageImage

Mad Scientist

Post by Mad Scientist »

Blissfull Wulf wrote:I'm sure there's a trope for that, but I don't feel like being sucked in.

Oh, I'll do the leg work on this one.

The tropes are

1) Clark Kenting - person looks so much like the "hero" but is so differrent in personality that it "can't be him". IE Superman could never be mild mannered Clark Kent.

2) Paper Thin Disguise - A character that the other characters should recognize (or at least recognize as not belonging) dons a disguise. This disguise is so completely transparent that the audience wants to shout "For the love of God, it's him!" IE While obvious to EVERYONE in the audience that the character and masked hero/villian are one and the same, the rest of the cast cannot make the connection. Can also be played for comic effect

Can be subverted in We knew it all along. The disguise really didn't fool anyone but everyone willing played along thinking the secret was important or necessary to the character and not wanting to reveal the secret.