30-03-11 everything worked out

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Milt

Re: 30-03-11 everything worked out

Post by Milt »

I hope this strip satisfies everyone. There's a world of difference between a constantly choco-buzzed flighty wee girl having a three-minute flip-out, and the hate-filled violence associated with loaded (and frankly, too often abused) buzzwords like "bigotry" and "homophobia."

(Shameful self-revelation: At Neener's age---perhaps even later---I thought ANY public display of affection was revolting. Oh, I got over that.)

I don't think Brooke would eat anything off the floor, so Neener must have held it in long enough to hand her the DBC (Dang Big Cookie) before running off shrieking. Why? Because Neener knew Brooke needed it. And Brooke will ALWAYS be her friend. D'awwwwww.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

I suddenly got this image of Cess and Teressa turning around and finding Mdm and Mnsr Delacroix, along with all 11 older siblings standing their with cross arms. You know, that classic "You be in a heap of trouble" moment.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Cassius_Draken

Post by Cassius_Draken »

And everybody with that look in their faces (third panel)
http://www.eeriecuties.com/d/20091111.html

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

It finally dawned on me that Nina's reaction is like mine would have been if my parent's hadn't taken time to carefully explain to me that boys and girls kiss when it finally started to dawn on me that there was a lot more to life than daydreaming. Yeah, I kind of grew up isolated in my own head. . .I'm incredibly intelligent and responsible, but I've got the emotional and social maturity of a fourteen year old. But, yeah, I have always had a similar reaction when it comes to male/female intimacy that Nina is having over Layla and Brooke kissing. I was just never as dramatic thanks to my parents already telling me that this happens.

As for the intra-girl politics, I have a feeling that Cess and Laura are about to find out that the top predator is the top predator whether she likes boys or girls.

But, wow, I think I said this in the other thread about her reaction.
Last edited by Artemisia on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Razmos

Post by Razmos »

So Layla doesn't mind kissing other girls, is popular, has a loving family and lots of friends. This video will do the opposite of what they want it too :P

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

Brooke and Layla seem to be rather unfazed here. I mean, Brooke is even eating the cookie.

Now it seems that Nina accepted that Layla is bisexual, but Layla didn't. I mean, she insists that the kiss was just practicing, even though it sure didn't look like it - and she was the one who insisted on doing it right in the hallway. She might be in denial.
Milt wrote: At Neener's age---perhaps even later---I thought ANY public display of affection was revolting.
Well, they didn't intend it to be public...
Ravenhull wrote:I suddenly got this image of Cess and Teressa
You mean Cess and Laura.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

That's what her middle name is... Laura Teressa Firechick... yeah, that's the ticket... I'm never wrong. So there, nyah...
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Aquila89 wrote:Brooke and Layla seem to be rather unfazed here. I mean, Brooke is even eating the cookie.

Now it seems that Nina accepted that Layla is bisexual, but Layla didn't. I mean, she insists that the kiss was just practicing, even though it sure didn't look like it - and she was the one who insisted on doing it right in the hallway. She might be in denial.
Well, she rather enthusiastically 'ate' Chloe, and was very tender about nibbling on Brooke's neck. . .She also seemed to be engaging in this kiss with a lot of enthusiasm. . .and she insisted it be right then and there, AND she was upset that Brooke doesn't like her. . .yeah, she may be in denial especially given how she treated her last boyfriend. . .I mean, come on, heartless and disinterested do not even begin to describe that relationship.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Lindadori

Post by Lindadori »

RoninAngel wrote:What do you mean by "jilt"? I don't think I've heard that word used in that context.
Sorry, I was trying to translate an italian colloquial expression and trying not to be offensive... I meant that a girl should be not only bisexual, but also 'not strictly monogamous' or a little promiscuous to appeal to boys. If boy phantasize to be in some way involved in an intercourse with two girls, said girls should also be ready to accept it.
Ravenhull wrote:I suddenly got this image of Cess and Teressa turning around and finding Mdm and Mnsr Delacroix, along with all 11 older siblings standing their with cross arms. You know, that classic "You be in a heap of trouble" moment.
And I would be there too, with a giant nailbat, eager to avenge my little sister Brooke.

And yeah, Brooke and Layla are just too collected here... Awwww, my hopes are fading!
Ah, Italy enslaved, abode of misery,/ pilotless ship in a fierce tempest tossed,/ no mistress over provinces but a harlot! (Dante)

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Cassius_Draken wrote:
Ravenhull wrote:I suddenly got this image of Cess and Teressa turning around and finding Mdm and Mnsr Delacroix, along with all 11 older siblings standing their with cross arms. You know, that classic "You be in a heap of trouble" moment.
And everybody with that look in their faces (third panel)
http://www.eeriecuties.com/d/20091111.html

[Pokemon] Delacroix Family uses "Glare"...It's Super Effective!![/Pokemon]
:D
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

The two seem to be getting everything together on their little plot, but I just can't see them pulling it off. How is this going to backfire on them? Sure, Layla could rip their throats out, but that's a bit lacking in the humor department. How're they going to screw it up?
PIXIE MEL!!!

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Saying "I'd like to marry that app" while holding a phone which has that app, and may still be recording because the call wasn't hung up....

May not be the smartest thing to do if you're planning to blackmail someone...and thier mother is still listening.
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I'm not sure if that the phone was still on.

A note regarding Nina's maturity. . .I noticed something- Layla is about the same height as Brooke and Chloe, but those two are the same age as Nina, who is much shorter than the others. It made me wonder if vampires in this world mature more slowly than succubae or melusine. It might actually make some sense, honestly.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Stu d'Apples

Post by Stu d'Apples »

so is everyone's sense of humour restored now? Is Nina forgiven?
A mighty pain to love it is, and 'tis a pain that pain to miss; but of all the pains, the greatest pain is to love, but love in vain

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

[Pee Wee Herman]If you like that app so much, why don't you marry it?[/Pee Wee Herman]

Just a question: Wouldn't it be a bit suspicious Nina called her house from a phone belonging to practically a stranger?

While it might be cathartic to see the Delacroix family in action versus the Wannabes, it wouldn't be funny. Getting Chloe and Grrr-Ace involved in busting them, however, could be humorous.

P.S.: I stayed away from the previous thread after I saw what a firestorm it was turning into. I'm kinda glad I did, and glad this one is calmer.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner