28-03-11 not what you think!

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Re: 28-03-11 not what you think!

Post by Artemisia »

Ah, emergency blood sausage!

Sorry, I read way too much Pratchett. I'm reminded of Otto's blood sausage, which is made from pig blood, usually. It may be that she's eating something along those lines, yes :)
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

I wonder of the EC vampires carry the little phial of blood and note the Discworld vampires have round their necks so they can be revived if they are turned to dust by light? Pterry's characters are always so beautifully off the wall. Otto is probably my favourite vampire. The idea of a photophobic being working as a news photographer - with salamander flash gun - is just too perfect.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

The Nick wrote:
Cassius_Draken wrote: Don´t see it very clear. It seems a brick.
Look at the box Chloe is eating from. I think it's a sandwich holder. Layla is eating a sandwich. A sandwich with lettuce.

Also, I don't think vampires enjoy bricks.

Oh I don't know about that. After all, bricks are good for subduing prey. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

jademushroom wrote:
Maybe it's a brick of blood curd [chinese food item, kinda a strongly flavored tofu. it's made exactly like tofu, except with pig's blood]
Lettuce sandwich, brick, even blood didn't sound so bad, but blood curd sounds scary.

How does it taste?
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

I should imagine that it's similar to British black pudding, French boudin noir or German bludwurst. In other words, delicious!

jademushroom

Post by jademushroom »

The Nick wrote:
jademushroom wrote:
Maybe it's a brick of blood curd [chinese food item, kinda a strongly flavored tofu. it's made exactly like tofu, except with pig's blood]
Lettuce sandwich, brick, even blood didn't sound so bad, but blood curd sounds scary.

How does it taste?
I've never had it personally. My mother's people think the consumption of blood barbaric.

Cassius_Draken

Post by Cassius_Draken »

In Spain we eat "morcilla", a kind of sausage made with pig´s blood, rice, onion and spices. It´s delicious, if you don´t think about the blood :D

Oh and we eat "fried blood" too; pig´s blood with onion, garlic and spices. Not suitable for vampires :))

PD: when i said "brick", i was refering to a tetra-brick of juice, milk or (why not) blood. Not a clay or stone brick :p

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Ah! We saw some morcilla on a market stall selling hot food in Portugalete, near Bilbao, a couple of years ago. I would have had some if I'd known what it was called but settled for freshly-fried bacon in a warm tortilla instead. My word, that was seriously good!

theodoric476

Post by theodoric476 »

You know, in the Pizza eating scene, there is a piece of crust on Layla's plate. That certainly implies that Layla was eating Pizza. http://www.eeriecuties.com/d/20110103.html
Birds of a feather flock together,
And so will pigs and swine;
Rats and mice will have their choice,
And so will I have mine. Nursery Rhyme

I may disagree with you but I am pretty sure you are not a NAZI Jon Steward/ The Daily Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiGmgqW6ES8 State Rep. Maureen Walsh (WA. 16th district. R)

We have no enemies, only opponents Ronald Reagan

What luck that men do not think. Adolf Hitler

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

I've already mentioned that (five pages earlier).

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

Cassius_Draken wrote: PD: when i said "brick", i was refering to a tetra-brick of juice, milk or (why not) blood. Not a clay or stone brick :p
Ah. That does make more sense.
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

Thor

Post by Thor »

Aquila89 wrote:I've already mentioned that (five pages earlier).
Yeah, but that was three days ago. You're lucky that most people on the internet remember what was written three hours ago.

I'm not saying it's a good excuse. I'm just saying is that it's the sad reality that we have to work with.
PLEASE NOTE: I have sig display off in my preferences, so please don't assume that I can read yours. Thank you.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Artemisia wrote:Don't worry, I'm not a man-hating lesbian, though I've been accused of that over and over again. I just have this weird blind spot which makes it hard for me to understand why a woman would want to date a man, or why someone would want to be male. Somehow, I ended up acculturated like this, and the fact that socially/emotionally I'm still around 14/15 means it gets the better of me at times.
Hmmm, heterophobia. And I thought I had seen it all. :P

I mean, I know there's misogeny, but now I wonder if there are male gay people who totally loathe women?

Concerning the strip, I headdesked, but it was, of course, so clear that this would happen...

And, yeah, it will probably all backfire. Maybe it will actually make Brooke popular with the boys, and she will be able to learn more about who she is oriented...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

@Don Alexander

I'm not sure if heterophobic is the right term, but I do know some lesbians and gays who can't stand "breeders", as they like to call straight people. I just don't understand heterosexuality no matter how much I try.

There are gay men who are complete misogynists just as there are lesbians who are misandrists. I'm more androphobic, which means that I have a strong fear of men.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

jademushroom

Post by jademushroom »

yup there's a lot of different types of beliefs in every group. I know plenty of lesbians who dislike men or gay men who dislike women. However, they're usually a bit of a fringe group.