Magick Chicks 22-02-11 Not seeing any boys

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Re: Magick Chicks 22-02-11 Not seeing any boys

Post by Ravenhull »

@visual: Those appear to be archery plastrons, a piece of protective gear worn mostly by women (though male examples exist) to keep bowstrings from striking the breast during firing. Given that this is Artemis Academy, it seems that this is a homage to Artemis being a legendary hunting goddess.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Doodley

Post by Doodley »

Back when I was in high school I always joked how students in all-girls schools slowly turn into lesbians.
Though I know that's not nice and untrue, I have heard from my sister how much girls like to experiment there....

jademushroom

Post by jademushroom »

DrkFire666 wrote:Artemis is the Goddess of young girls, the hunt, virginity, and child birth. A very feminine deity.
modern interpretations yes... but Artemis Potnia Theron "mistress of the beasts" was anything but 'feminine'. she demanded very bloody sacrifices (include human), and was responsible for deaths of young women transitioning from adolescence to adulthood. She was as ruthless to her followers as she was to her enemies. Males beware.... this is a very primitive, violent goddess. Patriarchal followers of Zeus tried to reduce her power by 'limiting' her to a daughter of their god, but it didn't make her any less dangerous.

Quote fixed. The DAMNed

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Wow, that academy is just hoppin' with hot chix. It's a good thing there aren't any boys there after all- they wouldn't be able to study a thing- scholastic. ;-}
Last edited by BlairFan on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

anatomy is scholastic...
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

RoninAngel

Post by RoninAngel »

jademushroom wrote:modern interpretations yes... but Artemis Potnia Theron "mistress of the beasts" was anything but 'feminine'. she demanded very bloody sacrifices (include human), and was responsible for deaths of young women transitioning from adolescence to adulthood. She was as ruthless to her followers as she was to her enemies. Males beware.... this is a very primitive, violent goddess. Patriarchal followers of Zeus tried to reduce her power by 'limiting' her to a daughter of their god, but it didnt make her any less dangerous.
LOL! Are you trying to make her sound sexier? :p

Quote tree pruned. The DAMNed
"LIFE is dangerous, Sandi! EMBRACE LIFE!"
Faith Abbot, to Sandi on Magic Chicks.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

She does sound something like the ultimate Domme :-?
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

The roleplaying game Scion portrays her modern mortal incarnations as basically lesbian Dommes a significant amount of the time. =(( =)) (Actually, it does a good job with her and the other mythological characters it covers.)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

DrkFire666 wrote:Yes, I think you're right there. Apollo would be more appropriate. Thank you for the correction, I don't pretend to be an expert in the Greek Pantheon. ^:)^
The fact that Artemis and Apollo were twins makes it that much more logical in my mind.

Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

jademushroom

Post by jademushroom »

Correct! Each member of the Greek Parthenon had an opposite, usually in powers and realms. Example would be raw, uncontrollable and natural forces of Poseidon, and Athena's rule of techne [human technology, civilization]. Apollo and Artemis both ruled over adolescent youth, tho this part Artemis's domain eventually transfered to Athena, and Artemis only ruled upon the transition times [menses and such]. We should also see a lot deer in Artemis's emblems, as we should see wolves in Apollo's.

i should stop being a nerd. but i looooove greek mythology.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

jademushroom wrote:modern interpretations yes... but Artemis Potnia Theron "mistress of the beasts" was anything but 'feminine'. she demanded very bloody sacrifices (include human), and was responsible for deaths of young women transitioning from adolescence to adulthood. She was as ruthless to her followers as she was to her enemies. Males beware.... this is a very primitive, violent goddess. Patriarchal followers of Zeus tried to reduce her power by 'limiting' her to a daughter of their god, but it didnt make her any less dangerous.
i prefer athena

Yet still, I live...

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

I too prefer Athena, as she was the more 'rational' goddess (if you ignore little things like Arachne), but Artemis has been accepted as the most 'feminist' goddess in popular culture.

jademushroom

Post by jademushroom »

Indeed. Athena's background was changed to make her more under the power of men... she completely obeys her father [Artemis does not], and Athena's birth was Zeus's claiming of a power which was once reserved for women: the power to give birth. Artemis can demand things of men, whereas Athena only aids.

Edit: forgot to mention, Arachne's demonstration is an example of striking down of mankind from attempting to be the equals/betters of the gods. Artemis's similar story of killing those who think themselves the equals/betters of the gods involves the killing of Niobe's children ... but she didn't think of it herself, rather, she and Apollo acted under Leto's orders.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Sometimes I wish you could create manifistations of classical deities (but not letting them have an ounce of power) so that we could give them a good, old fashioned, dope slap for everything like Athena and Arachne, or Zues' fooling around, or some of the stuff that Odin and other suppossedly 'higher beings' did. You would have to have a large pool of volunteers and good time management to make any progress, though... ;)

Thor

Post by Thor »

BlairFan wrote:Wow, that academy is just hoppin' with hot chix. It's a good thing there aren't any boys there after all- they wouldn't be able to study a thing- scholastic. ;-}
From what I have been reading on the ma3 forums, we don't know if there are any boys there or not. It all depends on what each of them thinks they are.

However the chances of them all being biologically female are pretty high.

And some of them might be attracted to biological females, so their academics might yet suffer.
PLEASE NOTE: I have sig display off in my preferences, so please don't assume that I can read yours. Thank you.