31-01-11 get to work!

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Adamas

Re: 31-01-11 get to work!

Post by Adamas »

Lindadori wrote: I'm the terror that flaps in the night
I am the salesgirl, that will give you the wrong dress! I...am TIFFANY WINTERS!

Sorry couldn't resist. I loved that show when I was younger. :-bd
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

All-Purpose Guru

Post by All-Purpose Guru »

Layla is such a cutie-pie. I especially like her in non-schoolwear.

Tiff is a cutie too, but I can't get past the lack of brain.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

I wonder just how secret the school actually is to the town. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that half the town knows its there, but don't really care due to the 'monster you know' factor. i.e., at least they behave themselves there.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I think they know the school is there; they just think it's abandoned and the rumor is that the place is haunted. Back in the beginning, Layla erased the memory of the prey she tried to pick for Nina because they were on school grounds. No one's supposed to know that it exists as it does. Jeffery makes sure the trees look dead, etc. to ward off the humans. So there's rumors but no concrete evidence.

It's the "creepy abandoned place" that's in every horror movie.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Well, Layla is the kind who probably thinks she knows more than she does. Of course, she's a teen, and that goes with the territory. ;)
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Lighthawk wrote:Somehow I don't see Tiff's employment making it through this encounter in one piece.
=)) =)) =)) =))

This is gonna be so much fun!!

Though I do hope it will be a short chapter.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

Azrael wrote:Why would she? For Tiff it was the most thrilling day of her life. For Layla it was Tuesday. :p
That is the single best line from that movie -- in fact, it's about all I remember from that movie.
zoom wrote:Remember, Tiff... no monologing. (Yeah, I know that's a rule for Evil Overlords and the like, but probably a good idea for anyone.)
Yeah, monologuing can lead to bad things, like logs being thrown in your direction and being sucked into jet engines.

Layla made an enormous impression on Tiffany, but Tiff is just another walking meal ticket to Layla. Tiff could probably describe their meeting in detail, but Layla would say, "Uhhh, sorry. I don't recall that."

I get the feeling blood red is a predominant color in Layla's wardrobe. Saves money on dry cleaning.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, blood changes color when it dries... Goes from crimson red all the way to dark brown. :-B
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

hack

Post by hack »

All-Purpose Guru wrote:Tiff is a cutie too, but I can't get past the lack of brain.
i don't think tiffany lacks intelligence, it's that she's WAAAAY too obsessed trying to be a slayer to make sound judgments.

she's like a really cute wile e. coyote or elmer fudd: her focus is so on the target that she gets into trouble because she doesn't pay attention to what is happening around her.
Hack has a Blog.
i showed her my metal gear. it was solid.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Don Alexander wrote:Well, blood changes color when it dries... Goes from crimson red all the way to dark brown. :-B
because it oxidizes!

<w>
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

All-Purpose Guru

hack wrote:
All-Purpose Guru wrote:Tiff is a cutie too, but I can't get past the lack of brain.
i don't think tiffany lacks intelligence, it's that she's WAAAAY too obsessed trying to be a slayer to make sound judgments.
Hmmm, I dunno. The whole "OMG I'm a vampire" bit kind of convinced me she's a few fries short of a happy meal.

All-Purpose Guru

yiraheerai wrote:I think they know the school is there; they just think it's abandoned and the rumor is that the place is haunted. Back in the beginning, Layla erased the memory of the prey she tried to pick for Nina because they were on school grounds. No one's supposed to know that it exists as it does. Jeffery makes sure the trees look dead, etc. to ward off the humans. So there's rumors but no concrete evidence.

It's the "creepy abandoned place" that's in every horror movie.
And in Harry Potter-- apparently Hogwarts looks like an old ruined castle to Muggles.

I also thought that the ability to erase minds was part of the vampire's mesmer abilities.

wrong wolf

Post by wrong wolf »

Ah, Tiff. She waits until Layla is in the dressing room to pounce on her with a makeshift stake only to get a faceful of shirt because she gave Layla the wrong size.
Huh? Nope. Sorry. You've got the wrong wolf. You must be looking for my cousin, right.