Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: 31-01-11 get to work!

Post by Azrael »

Or the Spike special; an old, ratty army blanket. :D
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

zuche

Post by zuche »

Layla sparkles too?

DinoJake

Post by DinoJake »

sylentknight wrote:Ahh...winter. The perfect time of year for vampires to do their mall shopping
What...say dark by six or 7 at night?
Malls wont close for a few more hours. Plenty of time.

The middle of the summer must suck (no pun intended) when the stores close and the sun hasn't set just yet. :ymsmug:
-edit-
*sigh* 8-|
http://geography.about.com/od/physicalg ... estday.htm
You know, I was just wondering how Layla made it to the mall without bursting into flames in the sun.

And God, I hope Layla really WASN'T sparkling in that last panel and it was like, the background or something.

MonCappy

Post by MonCappy »

What's wrong with sparkling? It's something I've never encountered before. Sounds like a novel twist for vampires.

It's amusing that while Tiffany is monologuing about Layla, the target of her ire and loathing doesn't even seem to recognize her. While Layla could be messing with her, I think it would be funnier if she completely forgot who she is. It has to smart that Tiffany has to help her shop in order to keep her job.
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com

Hfar

Post by Hfar »

"After all, it's so hard to get the stains out of a white blouse."

Anywho, fun comic. Let the games begin.
"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!" -Linus

Lindadori

Post by Lindadori »

What Layla wears doesn't look like winter clothes...
Ah, Italy enslaved, abode of misery,/ pilotless ship in a fierce tempest tossed,/ no mistress over provinces but a harlot! (Dante)

scatcat_sw

Post by scatcat_sw »

"The greatest vampire hunter of the Winters clan!"

Well... Don't quit your day-job, or is it night job =))

Sage of Lightning

Post by Sage of Lightning »

DinoJake wrote:
sylentknight wrote:Ahh...winter. The perfect time of year for vampires to do their mall shopping
What...say dark by six or 7 at night?
Malls wont close for a few more hours. Plenty of time.

The middle of the summer must suck (no pun intended) when the stores close and the sun hasn't set just yet. :ymsmug:
-edit-
*sigh* 8-|
http://geography.about.com/od/physicalg ... estday.htm
You know, I was just wondering how Layla made it to the mall without bursting into flames in the sun.

And God, I hope Layla really WASN'T sparkling in that last panel and it was like, the background or something.
I think even if Layla didn't recognize her, she was laying a little glamor on her to make her more helpful. :ymdevil: :ymdevil: @-)

Lindadori

Post by Lindadori »

With her megalomaniac speeches, Tiff somehow reminds me of Darkwing Duck... I'm the terror that flaps in the night
Ah, Italy enslaved, abode of misery,/ pilotless ship in a fierce tempest tossed,/ no mistress over provinces but a harlot! (Dante)

MonCappy

Post by MonCappy »

Lindadori wrote:What Layla wears doesn't look like winter clothes...
Who says it's winter at the time of the comic? It's probably still some time in the fall. Then again, Layla might have greater resistance to the cold, so she could be comfortable in less heavy clothes than most people.
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Azrael wrote:Why would she? For Tiff it was the most thrilling day of her life. For Layla it was Tuesday. :p
pffttt nice reference

edit: becky is her unseen boss. Does becky have any past occurances in any previus comics? [not EC one's]
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

Layla might recognize Tiff if she makes the connection to the unmasked ghost-girl who was floating around, but I find that unlikely as Layla DID have other things on her mind at the moment. I think as far as Layla's concerned, this is just another retail worker, albeit one that acts a trifle bizarre*. "Whatever, Fruit loops" is still one of my favorite of Layla's lines.

* Tiff hasn't acted bizarre in front of Layla as yet, but I'm sure she will before the encounter is over.
PIXIE MEL!!!

dragondeathlord

Post by dragondeathlord »

Yep she will never see it coming. She has know idea who you are Tiff.LOL

Kind wondering if Tiffs just screwed up on what hunter supposed to do. I Mean hunter seem terribly Relaxed and School had No Security.
Kind Wondering if the town Demilitarized and has some kind treaty going. And hunter are only supposed to go after Creatures that Kill.
I Mean I could see Tiff watch 1 to many Buffy episodes and screwing the hole concept up.
Be Funny if Tiff Parents are actually good friends with Layla's Mom .And Are more like police than Hunter at war.

Or Funnier if there Actually Like her personal Security Force.

Tiff see all the gadgets Knows her parents Knows her parents have done this for generation. Know there Slayers, But what if there Layla's Mom's Slayers?
Her body guards and Renfield's . They might of told here a White lie or left stuff out or Tiff being Tiff might Just Screwed to Thing up!

Tiff's Mom"Oh hun no we are not just slayers.There something we been meaning to tell you.We do slay Monsters and other things, We the Winter clan Slayers are Bodyguards and Enforcer to Undead, And most feared Slayers in world! Becouse we erh well that is to say we mhh slay erhh .We slay slayers."

Tiff " ............................."

Mom "Why you should be proud! Do you know you were born to serve Are Great Mistress Own Daughter! You Might Met her Her Name Layla." =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Yes that probably wrong. But Protecting her is about the only way Tiff going to wind up Killing Layla.
I decided to put this in my signature to save time explaining. My eyes are not the best and though I often use and depend on speech recognition software that is not 100%. And I do not always use it to type as it is aggravating. So I typing blind folded half the time or squinting. And the Ease of Access magnifier a pain, some times literally to use. So my typing sucks hard boiled Ostridge eggs through a ten foot straw. So to those that got to deal with it my sincere apologies.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Somehow I don't see Tiff's employment making it through this encounter in one piece.
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

bokonondeemax

Post by bokonondeemax »

Hope Tiff isn't too attached to that shirt she's wearing. Layla the Bodice Ripper is in the house.
Bulls*** makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.