26-01-11 going through a phase

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

TheBlackPaladin

Re: 26-01-11 going through a phase

Post by TheBlackPaladin »

Azrael wrote:Erm, yeah. Where the Hell is Ace?
I registered just to comment on this, cause I was thinking the same thing.

Worst Case:
Ace is a boy again. Calling it now.

Best Case:
Blair is taking pictures of Girl!Ace asleep.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

verityheld wrote:Historical note= all the Beatles DVDs and concert films were proving rather embarrassing to plenty of moms in the UK= because their teenage daughters noticed them as teens screaming at the concerts and made sure to mention it to their moms! Bringing up the past can be rather eventful!
I thought it was from openning up old album covers and asking mom why a couple of seeds fell out.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Razmos

Post by Razmos »

I totally called this like 2 stips ago. (not counting the Magick Chicks special)

Mrs. Delacroix is such fanservice, jeez :D

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

i love the expressions. specially layla's brain shortcircuit

love maria's outfit :3
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

MonCappy

Re: Not trolling, just dissenting.

Post by MonCappy »

Thor wrote:
yiraheerai wrote:
I also love how Brooke's hiding Nina's innocent little ears.
Yeah, this is something just don't get. Brooke, Chloë, and Nina are all the same age, they all go to the same weirdo school, and live in the same weirdo world. So why exactly does anyone think that Nina needs coddling? Keeping Nina ignorant of life's more colorful aspects does her no service.
Nina has the maturity of a child still in the single digit age range at times. Frankly, I can't blame Brooke for covering her ears. She isn't ready for that kind of information.
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com

Makkabee

Post by Makkabee »

Chloe gets it.... Layla gets it... Brooke gets it... Nina doesn't get it. :))
"What Makkabee said." -- Giz

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

Thor wrote:Mm. The last time we saw Brooke being "protective" of Nina was when she was talking the booze away from Nina . . . so she could have some herself. It's not inconceivable that Brooke was "protecting" Nina from hearing what her mother was saying . . . so Nina wouldn't have some awkward questions to ask Brooke or Layla later on.

Quote removed. The DAMNed
In both cases, I think both of the reasons can apply. Brooke wanted some Bailey's for herself, and doesn't want to answer awkward questions but I also think that she genuinely didn't want Nina to drink, or hear that stuff.

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

uzivatel wrote:Seems like Troika has taken some liberties with the setting in Bloodlines.

Quote removed. The DAMNed
It makes me cry, a little.
Thor wrote:
If you squint too much at any system for the supernatural, it all starts falling apart because of its assumptions and contradictions.

Like the above, for example. Soooo, endorphins no longer work, because you're dead? What about nerve conduction? Since that's another thing that only works when you are alive, do vampires also have no sensory input, including touch, hearing, and sight? No way to tell your muscles what to do either, assuming that your brain was working, which it isn't, because your dead.
The endorphin and 'dead' comments aren't exactly true. VtM rarely goes into heavy biological detail and much of the vampiric condition is written off as a "curse." Vampires still have feeling and sensation, but it's a dull and muted experience. Their biologies are changed so they don't get nutrition from food (most literally cannot "eat" without it making them sick and vomiting food back up) and they don't experience the same pleasures and feelings as normal people. Only blood makes them happy. The changes are literally de-humanizing to a person and that's one of the core goals of the system - to identify the experiences and commonalities between human beings and experience the horror if those were taken away . It's tragical :(.
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

Makkabee

Post by Makkabee »

Azrael wrote:
Storm-forge mystique wrote: ...I guess this isn't an "all vampires are bi" universe, then... (where did that start, actually? Seems kinda random...)
Well there is the aspect of losing half your prey pool if you refuse to suck a particular sex. Then there is the whole living "forever" jaded ennui try new things for spice of life thing. Just two possibilities.
Also in most vampire fiction, Vampires reproduce by bite/blood transfusion. With gender no longer a factor in reproduction, one of the main motivators for heterosexuality ceases to be a factor in a vampire's thoughts/feelings.

It looks like vampires breed like the rest of us in Eerie Cuties, though. Or perhaps they make new vampires both through childbirth and through the blood, like in Whitley Streiber's The Hunger.

Still, Momma Delacroix is making a lot of assumptions here, both about what happened last night (admittedly not too unreasonable given what she's seen and heard) and about such behavior being just a phase if it were to happen.

Now I'm wondering if Poppa Delacroix went through an "Anne Rice" phase when he was a teenager. I'd love to see the girls' reactions if he starts reminiscing about that.
"What Makkabee said." -- Giz

outlier1985

Post by outlier1985 »

So, umm... i think Mme Delacroix should elaborate. Slowly. :ymblushing:

TheEighth

Post by TheEighth »

TheBlackPaladin wrote:
Azrael wrote:Erm, yeah. Where the Hell is Ace?
I registered just to comment on this, cause I was thinking the same thing.

Worst Case:
Ace is a boy again. Calling it now.
I kinda hope that's the case. For both getting him back to normal, and for a laugh when he realizes he's still wearing makeup.

Anyway, DITZY VAMPIRE MILF FOR THE WIN. :D
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

sylentknight

Post by sylentknight »

You guys (and girls) can keep the young ones for yourself...I definitely want more of Maria.
As for Ace, something interesting is probably happening other than just sleeping. He's possibly the only boy in school that knows what Brooke looks like naked.
Finally, I think we should start a "Adora watch". I must see mama Succubi soon!
-edit-
Now that I think about it, Brooke is the only character that has gotten a lot of "screen time" naked or without her panties.
I wonder about that. :-?
I do so relish these times of peril.
- Sheen from Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius

bokonondeemax

Post by bokonondeemax »

Sounds like Maria spent some quality time strolling down memory lane last night. When Papa D gets home he's gonna have his work cut out for him.

But wow, outing her daughter and Brooke to the other girls (at least that's what she thinks)? I see where Nina gets her cluelessness.

Protective Brooke is cute :)
Bulls*** makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

Makkabee wrote: Still, Momma Delacroix is making a lot of assumptions here, both about what happened last night (admittedly not too unreasonable given what she's seen and heard) and about such behavior being just a phase if it were to happen.
Consider it from Mama Delacroix's perspective: her precious little Layla is boozing up her sister's friends who she's essentially just met and getting caught in compromising situations with Chloe and Brookey on the same night, literally within an hour of each other.

Layla seems to be the quick and witty one, but here she is using the, "Mom, it's not what it looks like!" line twice in a row in situations where it pretty much seems to be exactly what it looks like. Layla is lucky mom is being so forgiving...
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

RoninAngel

Post by RoninAngel »

Layla and Nina's mom is so HOT! :ymblushing:

I love Nina's dopey oblivious grin in the last panel. Reminds me of myself at her age. :D
"LIFE is dangerous, Sandi! EMBRACE LIFE!"
Faith Abbot, to Sandi on Magic Chicks.