26-01-11 going through a phase

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Re: 26-01-11 going through a phase

Post by yiraheerai »

Is there any possibility that the girls didn't even hear what Layla and Brooke were saying? I got the impression they were walking up right when Maria says her "It's a phase," line. Chloe could very well be thinking "What brought this up?! Why?!"
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Djona

Post by Djona »

Can we get a flashback sequence? :O

DrkFire666

Post by DrkFire666 »

Amen!!
At least let us see Chloe's mom as she is now. =p~

On a side note: Why is Brooke so protective of Nina? I know she is an innocent, and acts more child-like then the rest, and is a head shorter then the rest; but she IS the same age as the others. But they still treat her like an eight year old.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

It can be an instinctual thing. You see someone who looks and acts like they're younger, you treat them younger. Happens to me all the time. 8-|
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

bokonondeemax

Post by bokonondeemax »

Nina's got to have some weird physiology goin on. She's probably only still alive through sheer strength of magical will; her diet is surely stunting her development. Which means when she's queen, she's going to be badass indeed. Hide, muggles! Anyway she's just developing more slowly than the other kids, which as a percentage of vampire lifetime may be within normal adolescence variation, but seems weird compared to the short lifers of the school. Plus she's a stone freak :-bd

Lots of girls who don't have a little sister wish they had one. Brooke could be enjoying playing big sis and not even realize it.
Bulls*** makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.

Thor

Post by Thor »

DrkFire666 wrote: On a side note: Why is Brooke so protective of Nina? I know she is an innocent, and acts more child-like then the rest, and is a head shorter then the rest; but she IS the same age as the others. But they still treat her like an eight year old.
Maybe there's brain damage from that all-chocolate diet. As another poster mentioned, it seems to have stunted her growth physically as well.

At least she's showing signs of puberty. There are other webcomics out there who have people of around the same age being depicted with none of them over 4' tall or having been remotely exposed to a hormone. *cough*
yiraheerai wrote:It can be an instinctual thing. You see someone who looks and acts like they're younger, you treat them younger. Happens to me all the time. 8-|
Aha! Thank you. I wish you had posted this 5 forum pages ago. :)
This is an odd thing. And somewhat counterproductive. What if a person is only quoting part of the previous post? Removing the quoted material might make it look like one is responding to the end rather than the middle, which could cause confusion and conflict in some occasions. Just because one is immediately responding, doesn't mean that context isn't helpful.

Is this an automated thing, or just a very, um, dedicated mod? :-?
PLEASE NOTE: I have sig display off in my preferences, so please don't assume that I can read yours. Thank you.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

*Points Thor to Don's sig*
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

Thor

Post by Thor »

I see. Good to know. Thanks.

It even inspired me to update my sig.

Quote removed. The DAMNed :P
PLEASE NOTE: I have sig display off in my preferences, so please don't assume that I can read yours. Thank you.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Thor wrote:
yiraheerai wrote:It can be an instinctual thing. You see someone who looks and acts like they're younger, you treat them younger. Happens to me all the time. 8-|
Aha! Thank you. I wish you had posted this 5 forum pages ago. :)
I posted something similar a few strips ago. Forget which one, but the subject had come up.

MonCappy

Post by MonCappy »

Thor wrote:
DrkFire666 wrote: On a side note: Why is Brooke so protective of Nina? I know she is an innocent, and acts more child-like then the rest, and is a head shorter then the rest; but she IS the same age as the others. But they still treat her like an eight year old.
Maybe there's brain damage from that all-chocolate diet. As another poster mentioned, it seems to have stunted her growth physically as well.

At least she's showing signs of puberty. There are other webcomics out there who have people of around the same age being depicted with none of them over 4' tall or having been remotely exposed to a hormone. *cough*
She could just be naturally petite. I don't know if this is the case with Nina, but I think it seems pretty likely as when she was transformed into a boy, she easily fit into Ace's boy clothes, which means she was about a head taller then. I wonder if she misses the extra height she enjoyed as a boy.
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com

theodoric476

Post by theodoric476 »

As did I.

Edit: In case there is confusion as to whom I was quoting i was referring yiraheerai two posts up though in my case I was referring to Layla's over protectiveness, not Blair.
Last edited by theodoric476 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Birds of a feather flock together,
And so will pigs and swine;
Rats and mice will have their choice,
And so will I have mine. Nursery Rhyme

I may disagree with you but I am pretty sure you are not a NAZI Jon Steward/ The Daily Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiGmgqW6ES8 State Rep. Maureen Walsh (WA. 16th district. R)

We have no enemies, only opponents Ronald Reagan

What luck that men do not think. Adolf Hitler

All-Purpose Guru

Post by All-Purpose Guru »

Ravenhull wrote:@ All-Purpose Guru: I think that's a classic sleep shirt, kinda like what Chloe is wearing.
Yah, and it looks good on her. I'm assuming from the bat on the boobs that it's Layla's. Brooke does seem to be a tanktop-n-shorts kinda girl, and she lost everything in the Snake-gymnastics (Layla tore her tanktop, Blair made off with the bottoms)

wrong wolf

Post by wrong wolf »

Lindadori wrote:May I suggest a spin off featuring young Maria & Adora?
This! :-bd
Huh? Nope. Sorry. You've got the wrong wolf. You must be looking for my cousin, right.

hokova

Post by hokova »

I'd love to see how Adora looks like now, but, eh... we probably won't.
Still, the teen years should be interesting as well! :ymdevil:
,,Nobody is a villain.It's just the point of view!´´

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Thor wrote:
This is an odd thing. And somewhat counterproductive. What if a person is only quoting part of the previous post? Removing the quoted material might make it look like one is responding to the end rather than the middle, which could cause confusion and conflict in some occasions. Just because one is immediately responding, doesn't mean that context isn't helpful.

Is this an automated thing, or just a very, um, dedicated mod? :-?
Okay, just to make this sufficiently clear... We have something called forum guidelines. As with any forum, everyone should read these and post according to them, but I have the feeling a lot of people who only post in the comic threads never do... /:)

"10. Quote trees should be an endangered species. There is no need to quote an entire post when your only replying to part of it, or quoting the post directly above. It just clogs up the pages."

So, no, this is not an automatic thing, but a dedicated mod. :P

Furthermore, said mod is a pretty good AI. ;) Therefore, I do NOT remove quotes if person A made a long post, and person B, who posts directly benaeth A, quotes only a small snippet of A's post. All of the stuff I'm cutting is when people just repeat in whole what is written directly above them... It's not needed, and it makes additional work for me.

The DAMNed
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)