cursormortis

Re: 26-01-11 going through a phase

Post by cursormortis »

Pics, or it didn't happen.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Fun little comic to gather up the events of the evening. I believe like others that after everything with Maria spotting the two of them together and Brooke naked, it was just a bit "too much" for them and they decided against the kissing practice. But the TMI from an adult... yeah, that's the sort of thing that will send you into therapy. :)) And even if it isn't your own parent, at that age it'll just lead to embarrasing thoughts for the next couple of days.

It's almost a shame that Ace isn't around to hear this little conversation, it might give him thoughts about his current predicament. ;) We've already offered he might be sleeping in a bit too much as a possible excuse, but I'll throw in there that he's possibly showering again to get off all the makeover makeup.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

sanzo

Post by sanzo »

Well, if nothing else traumatizes those kids, that certainly will
Last edited by sanzo on Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yuzu: "Ugh... I knew mentioning it around Otakuro would be a bad idea..."

Atsuro: "Otakuro!? What's with that all of a sudden...? What's wrong with being an otaku!?"

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ F*CK THIS TABLE.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Maybe Ace is about to show up carrying a certain doll. And maybe say something potentially embarassing about identifying who the garments belong to by the scent.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

MonCappy

Post by MonCappy »

Ace might not have an enhanced sense of smell when in human form.
Azrael wrote:Erm, yeah. Where the Hell is Ace?
Late sleeper?
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Ravenhull wrote:Maybe Ace is about to show up carrying a certain doll. And maybe say something potentially embarassing about identifying who the garments belong to by the scent.

That might indicate that he has successfully transfered his Butt-Monkeyage to Brooke. Which would be both :)) and :ymtongue:
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

sanzo

Post by sanzo »

Ravenhull wrote:Maybe Ace is about to show up carrying a certain doll. And maybe say something potentially embarassing about identifying who the garments belong to by the scent.
I dunno, Ace is certainly clueless sometimes, but even he has to have enough tact to not go: "Hey, this underwear smells like you, is it yours?"

Yuzu: "Ugh... I knew mentioning it around Otakuro would be a bad idea..."

Atsuro: "Otakuro!? What's with that all of a sudden...? What's wrong with being an otaku!?"

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ F*CK THIS TABLE.

Thor

Not trolling, just dissenting.

Post by Thor »

yiraheerai wrote:
I also love how Brooke's hiding Nina's innocent little ears.
Yeah, this is something just don't get. Brooke, Chloë, and Nina are all the same age, they all go to the same weirdo school, and live in the same weirdo world. So why exactly does anyone think that Nina needs coddling? Keeping Nina ignorant of life's more colorful aspects does her no service.
PLEASE NOTE: I have sig display off in my preferences, so please don't assume that I can read yours. Thank you.

Verienkeli

Post by Verienkeli »

That "It's just a phase" comment was not what my blood pressure needed tonight as FAR too many people in our ordinary reality still think this way. :-w

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I agree with Sanzo... if he does recover certain undergarments of Brooke's, I'll give Ace enough credit he's likely to try and offer them back to Brooke covertly. IF indeed that's what's happening. Again, purely speculative.

As for keeping NIna ignorant... I have to say I've noticed in cliques of friends, there is often an tendency to either protect the more innocent of the group by instinct or to encourage their life experiences until they're practically jaded. Since most of these girls are of the nice variety, they seem to be leaning towards the first trend.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Thor

Post by Thor »

Mm. The last time we saw Brooke being "protective" of Nina was when she was talking the booze away from Nina . . . so she could have some herself. It's not inconceivable that Brooke was "protecting" Nina from hearing what her mother was saying . . . so Nina wouldn't have some awkward questions to ask Brooke or Layla later on.

Quote removed. The DAMNed
PLEASE NOTE: I have sig display off in my preferences, so please don't assume that I can read yours. Thank you.

BobDole

Post by BobDole »

I absolutely love Layla's jaw-drop face. It's the funniest one out of all the girls....Nina's clueless exuberance is a good second place though. :)

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Verienkeli wrote:That "It's just a phase" comment was not what my blood pressure needed tonight as FAR too many people in our ordinary reality still think this way. :-w
If it's any consolation, I'd say Mrs. Delacroix's expression in the last panel suggests a very unusual definition of "phase"...

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Speaking as someone who doesn't completely know where I stand in the whole sexuality department, it could be a phase. Or Layla may be helping her find out who she really is. Is- isn't that considered a phase? Of discovery? Adolescence in itself is a phase anyway. The point is, she's not standing in the way of it and she'd probably fully support Layla, Nina or any of her other 11 children in whatever lifestyle they choose. '

I mean, they're vampires and Nina drinks chocolate instead of blood. Layla seems to be the only one that we've seen so far who doesn't support this. Maria has Elanor prepare chocolate bunny hunts.

Society says this a lot, yeah. My own mother's said it. In Maria's case, I think she knows what it actually means and embraces that.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Verienkeli

Post by Verienkeli »

Storm-forge mystique wrote:
Verienkeli wrote:That "It's just a phase" comment was not what my blood pressure needed tonight as FAR too many people in our ordinary reality still think this way. :-w
If it's any consolation, I'd say Mrs. Delacroix's expression in the last panel suggests a very unusual definition of "phase"...
It really isn't since when I came out of the closet as a transsexual to my parents, that's the exact line I heard (right down to my mom saying she had had similar feelings earlier in her life). Thankfully they stopped trying to talk me out of being who I am after about a month, but I guess this comic just brought back bad memories. When combined with lab work for a college class that I never wanted, and which bores me immensely, but that I had no choice but to take when the person who was supposed teach the class I was originally registered for bailed and that class got canceled and this was the last 4 credit class I could get into on short notice? It just did nasty things to my blood pressure...