12-01-11 midnight snack

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

MonCappy

Re: 12-01-11 midnight snack

Post by MonCappy »

Daremo wrote:Hmmm... Pervert senses... not tingling. There's a faint reading, but I think that's just background "Two hot girls sharing a room"ness. I expect Brooke wants to sleep in her monstery form, and wants Layla to keep quiet about it in the morning.
Hmm. I am thinking you may have found the curve. If your prediction turns out to be true, I am seeing a home run in your future.
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com

Lindadori

Post by Lindadori »

Daremo wrote:Hmmm... Pervert senses... not tingling. There's a faint reading, but I think that's just background "Two hot girls sharing a room"ness. I expect Brooke wants to sleep in her monstery form, and wants Layla to keep quiet about it in the morning.
I don't think so. If she wants to sleep in her melusine form, she can do it in her home whenever she wants.
I'm a yuri fan, but I don't even dare to hope that events will turn that way, even within PG standards. I sense a big delusion approaching...
Ah, Italy enslaved, abode of misery,/ pilotless ship in a fierce tempest tossed,/ no mistress over provinces but a harlot! (Dante)

MuchachoNL
Menace to Society

Post by MuchachoNL »

theodoric476 wrote:Brooke is fourteen years old, not sixteen years old. I am well aware that fourteen-year-olds thinks about sex and some even have it but not in PG rated comics. I suspect most of us thought, "Sex" when Brooke mentions a deal. But then said, "Naa. Not with a PG rating; cuddling or making out, maybe.” We have also mentioned Brooke's stare quite a number of times. What we are doing is attempting to come up with a suggestion that fits within Brooke's age and a PG rating. Give us some credit.
Do you REALLY want to go down *that* road again?
It's PG-13... learn the difference.... please.
Quote tree pruned. The DAMNed
Freudian Slip: When you say one thing, but mean your mother... err... another.

theodoric476

Post by theodoric476 »

Er... No it is not. Check the home page.
Quote removed. The DAMNed
Birds of a feather flock together,
And so will pigs and swine;
Rats and mice will have their choice,
And so will I have mine. Nursery Rhyme

I may disagree with you but I am pretty sure you are not a NAZI Jon Steward/ The Daily Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiGmgqW6ES8 State Rep. Maureen Walsh (WA. 16th district. R)

We have no enemies, only opponents Ronald Reagan

What luck that men do not think. Adolf Hitler

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

ceewayne wrote: I always thought vampires were cold, so wanting to use Layla like a hot rock might not work.
EC vampires normally arent't: Layla thinks that Nina's hands are cold because she's not drinking blood. http://www.eeriecuties.com/d/20091123.html

And the home page says: "A PG-13 comedy horror webcomic". It's right under the title.

MuchachoNL
Menace to Society

Post by MuchachoNL »

look, we've had this discussion before with Bimbo-Brooke and Bimbo-Nina making out and as Aquila stated: It's right on the homepage: PG-13...
And again: I will state the PG-13 markers for you...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_Picture_Association_of_America_film_rating_system wrote: PG-13- Parents Strongly Cautioned
Some material may be not be appropriate for children under 13
So yeah: suggesting a girl on girl kissing experience which turns into a full girl on girl intercourse CAN be possible within the PG-13 rating that this webcomic is under.
However, drawing said intercourse out is, like Ma3, Rated R...

So we'll never see it, but we can still be told that it happened by showing the kissing part and skip to the next morning where they wake up cuddling up to eachother...
Nothing is seen, we know it's been done, and it's still PG-13.

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

But I stand by what I said earlier: Brooke is 14, she's too young to have sex. Heck, I think even Layla is too young. Though what do I know...

Power_Pachyderms

Post by Power_Pachyderms »

Blergh, I have to be careful how I word this. I don't want to be banned and I don't want to see this thread get derailed and locked. However, what you're talking about is a legal matter which has no bearing whatsoever on reality, especially not biology. The age of 18 being the demarcation line between 'childhood and adulthood' is so false, it boggles the imagination truth be told. The modern world's treating of young adults (post-pubescent humans) is truly awful when you realize it and has everything to do with nosy busybodies of the late 19th Century and nothing whatsoever to do with having functional members of society.

As the late George Carlin said 'They want obedient workers. People who are just smart enough to use the machines, but dumb enough to not realize how badly they're being screwed'. Everything an apprenticeship plumber could learn in his 20s, can be learned (much easier and faster, btw) by a teenager of only 14. It has to do with keeping young and eager workers OUT of the market place to protect the job security of middle-aged workers. In other words, its anti-competitive. That is why we no longer extend full and equal rights to young adults in the modern world. Its just that it gets wrapped up in a lot of hogwash about 'oh, they're too young to do [blah]'.
Quote removed. The DAMNed
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." ~William Pitt
"Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken
Presenting a different vision of Robotech via illustration...

Ailith
Mistress of Minor Inconvenience

Post by Ailith »

My bet is on Brooke asking Layla to go to the dance with her, lol
Aquila89 wrote:But I stand by what I said earlier: Brooke is 14, she's too young to have sex. Heck, I think even Layla is too young. Though what do I know...
When someone is or isn't ready to have sex is a very personal matter than can vary from person to person. No matter what any adults THINK about teenagers having sex, the fact is that teenagers have been fucking since the dawn of time and will continue to fuck. Trying to convince them not by not giving them proper sex education just leads to a rise in STD's and anal sex :))
I'm just a person trapped inside a woman's body.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Ohhhh, I love the idea with the dance!!! :x :-bd

And I agree with you (and, in a way, PP), about the comment on "when"...

PS.: Ailith, even in PG-13, not too many F words, please. ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Ailith
Mistress of Minor Inconvenience

Post by Ailith »

Oop, sorry :p
I'm just a person trapped inside a woman's body.

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

Okay, then I will say it differently. Brooke and Layla shouldn't be having sex, not because they're 14 and 16, but because they don't seem emotionally mature enough for it. Of course, that's just my personal point of view. However, it's hard for me to imagine a 14-year-old, who is emotionally mature enough. But again, what do I know - I'm a virgin.

MuchachoNL
Menace to Society

Post by MuchachoNL »

I agree with you on the fact that they're 14 and 16 and thus SHOULDN'T have sex.
But I'm being a bit of a realist and as Ailith put it very maturely :p : The vast majority of teenagers experiment on these ages, especially girls.
So although Giz & Dave will probably also agree that they SHOULDN'T, I sincerely hope they too are realistic enough to not rule that option out.
Not that I want to actually SEE it happen, it's still PG-13, but It'd be a huge character developement if it would happen.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Power_Pachyderms wrote:However, what you're talking about is a legal matter which has no bearing whatsoever on reality, especially not biology. The age of 18 being the demarcation line between 'childhood and adulthood' is so false, it boggles the imagination truth be told.
I could not disagree more with most of your post. There is a world of difference between being physically able to bear children and mentally able to support and rear them. Of course children below the arbitrary age of consent in any given country - in the UK it's 16 for both sexes - will want to have sex. Reproduction of the species is the most primitive and fundamental drive of every organism has but the medical fact that a girl can become pregnant at nine or ten does not make it a good thing that she does. Besides, you ignore the legal benchmark as - hopefully - deterring adults from exploiting mentally immature children.

I speak from experience, although I was older than the characters in the strip. I became a father at 19 and my wife of not many weeks had her 20th birthday a couple of weeks after our daughter was born. We were incredibly lucky to have loving and supportive parents on both sides who helped us. We are still together after almost 40 years and both our girls avoided the mistake we made to have happy marriages and children of their own.

<Cue: trumpet fanfare>

We managed to keep going but many teenagers who marry split up because they're simply not mentally mature enough to take the inevitable rough with the occasional smooth. Our financial struggles caused a lot of tensions in the marriage and here are still residues of those periods under the surface, for example. You can't go back and change things and holding my daughters for the first time and watching them grow and flourish has been irreplaceable. I have never regretted what happened. Even so, in an ideal world I would say that we made a mistake. We got careless and that changed our lives for ever. I think I got away relatively lightly but it definitely meant my wife was unable to go to university until much later in life and who can say how much of her potential was unrealised?

Yes, sex is a powerful urge and invokes wonderful feelings but it has significant consequences that cannot be swept under the carpet.

ceewayne

Post by ceewayne »

Wow

You know, we are all talking about sex. No one is talking about intimacy. For all we know, Brooke might just want a hug. She might want to feel like she can be accepted. I remember the strip when she scared the lizard boys, first thing she did was turn Nina away so she she could not see her transformation. Brooke might just want to be able to who she is.

Metathought, I would think that the adding of sex in this series would take away from the, well, innocence of this web comic. It will make these characters, these children to have to be more 'adult'. I have a stepdaughter who when I married her mother, she was a late teenager and I believe sexually active . The only thing one can do with a teenager is make sure they have good information and be ready as a stepfather to answer her questions with "Hmm, I think you should talk to your mother about that, I am going out for a smoke...."
EC vampires normally arent't: Layla thinks that Nina's hands are cold because she's not drinking blood. http://www.eeriecuties.com/d/20091123.html
Thank you Aquila89, that slipped past me. Hot Rock in 3,2,1...

Chris