10-01-11 Slurp Slurp

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Doodley

Re: 10-01-11 Slurp Slurp

Post by Doodley »

Ya know, a sleepover party with vampires is not really a good idea in the first place.

wrong wolf

Post by wrong wolf »

I'm still somewhat surprised that they would allow a boy (albeit in a girl's body) to sleep with the girls in the same room in this sleepover.
Huh? Nope. Sorry. You've got the wrong wolf. You must be looking for my cousin, right.

zoom

Post by zoom »

Panel 3 begs the question: Is it a full moon, or is Pop Wolfhart in wolf mode all the time (or able to change at will in the comfort of his own home)? If it was a full moon, did GrAce not change, or did, and we just haven't heard that part of the story yet?
SIG229

SAGG

Post by SAGG »

Well, I guess that answers that about Papa Wolf's reaction, doesn't it? 8-| Now, I suppose Ace will start to like boys, huh? It's only a matter of time, right? Or perhaps he--er, she, will still prefer girls while still retaining the mentality of boy. Whoopee. I guess we'll have the sterling example of Kade as our resident male lead. Obviously, males in EC can't be measured in comparison to the female leads, who have the brains and common sense they don't. I must admit to disappointment on this. Those of you who disagree with me are invited to attack my position, now... :-w

SAGG

Post by SAGG »

wrong wolf wrote:I'm still somewhat surprised that they would allow a boy (albeit in a girl's body) to sleep with the girls in the same room in this sleepover.
Why? Ace is a full-fledged girl now, apparently, and in EC, this, along with everything else, is perfectly normal, like Ace's wolf daddy happily accepting what's happened to his former son. So, everything's magically okay, now! (Yes, I'm being sarcastic, in case you didn't notice) :-w

Panchocheesecake

Post by Panchocheesecake »

Please Grrace, don't give up, keep trying to change back to a boy. There's got to be some way.
In the sexy way!

Here's a webcomic I gave up on. You might like if you're into military and gaming stuff
http://situationalawareness.smackjeeves.com/

I do not like to eat waffles, so here's my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/KristopherStoltz

Do you have a high level of confusion? I do, so here's my tumblr.
http://panchocheesecake.tumblr.com/

Makkabee

Post by Makkabee »

It's so obvious that this is going to end badly for Layla that now I'm hoping it doesn't.
"What Makkabee said." -- Giz

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

I wonder if wolves really wag their tails when happy (IRL). Or maybe only werewolves? ;-)

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

Don't you think that Ace's father being happy about the whole thing is bad for his self-esteem? I mean, if he always wanted a daughter, doesn't means he didn't want a son, and until now, Ace was a disappointment to him?

I still hope that Ace will be turned back eventually, otherwise the comic won't have a likeable male lead.

dragondeathlord

Post by dragondeathlord »

I keep wondering If Ace might not some how wind up a Were Male/Female?
He might not stay a Girl simply becouse she's starting to like being a Girl and the Universe seems to get upset when ever Ace is happy. =)) =)) =)) =))
Last edited by dragondeathlord on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I decided to put this in my signature to save time explaining. My eyes are not the best and though I often use and depend on speech recognition software that is not 100%. And I do not always use it to type as it is aggravating. So I typing blind folded half the time or squinting. And the Ease of Access magnifier a pain, some times literally to use. So my typing sucks hard boiled Ostridge eggs through a ten foot straw. So to those that got to deal with it my sincere apologies.

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Chase-san wrote:
Kamino Neko wrote:Ahahahaha...Ace's dad reminds me of Hazumu's old man from Kashimashi. (But not quite as skeevy...)
So, glad to see someone else on the internet has read that. (or watched that, as the case may be)
Both! It's one of the few love triangle stories I like, since I actually like both Tomari and Yasuna and would have liked to see Hazumu end up with either of them (at least until we get to the end of the manga, and even then, it's not for Hazumu's sake that I'm glad it turned out that way).

To go back to what tied it in...at least Hazumu's dad didn't lick her, so I guess he's got that. >_>
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

dragondeathlord

Post by dragondeathlord »

In his dad defense it could be were Daughters are prized by Werewolves the way Sons are often prized by Humans.
In Nature wolfs are normally ruled by a Alphas normally a pated pair one male and one female.
But who knows might be Werewolves might be like some stone-age Societys were the female is the life bringer the Goddess and Priced more so than a male and females Rule absolute.

Or his dad might be a Perv. =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
I decided to put this in my signature to save time explaining. My eyes are not the best and though I often use and depend on speech recognition software that is not 100%. And I do not always use it to type as it is aggravating. So I typing blind folded half the time or squinting. And the Ease of Access magnifier a pain, some times literally to use. So my typing sucks hard boiled Ostridge eggs through a ten foot straw. So to those that got to deal with it my sincere apologies.

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

zoom wrote:Panel 3 begs the question: Is it a full moon, or is Pop Wolfhart in wolf mode all the time (or able to change at will in the comfort of his own home)? If it was a full moon, did GrAce not change, or did, and we just haven't heard that part of the story yet?
Perhaps Pops Wolfhart is like Grandpa Howard from the Teen Wolf cartoon. He can transform on command, and he prefers to stay in were form whenever possible.

And, yes, I am old enough to have not only watched the cartoon on Saturday mornings, but also to have eagerly awaited it on occasion.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

Octavian

Post by Octavian »

I'm sure it's been brought up before-- I don't read the forums too often-- and I've been trying to ignore it. 'Don't read it, don't like it' and all that, but... this lack of any respect towards gender dysphoria is completely killing my buzz for EC. If it was brought up less and GrAce was just a lady and had to deal with it, fine. But it's like the series purposefully brings it up as much as possible just to be like 'and he's fine with it HAHAA once you change sex, gender just follows 8D... that's how it works, right?' Like in the shower when GrAce was asked if he missed being male and all that came up was he didn't miss the competition for... size. Uh. It's just... I don't know. Super buzz killing for me since I actually take issues of sex versus gender etc. sort of seriously. :/ I guess it's all in good fun until someone gets hurt, but it seems like we're-- as an audience-- supposed to be completely okay with this non-consensual twist of GrAce's identity. This should matter more to GrAce even if his family and-- for a large part-- his friends don't seem to care. That, or it might help if it was concrete said in the canon that GrAce is mentally female now, rather than this sort of back and forth 'he probably still thinks of himself as a boy, but it's all good in the hood because... we'll get back to you on that.'

Sorry if I've ruined the 'LULZ his dad wanted a daughter' party, but for me? That was actually kind of depressing. This whole gag arc is majorly offputting, in strictly my own opinion, whereas I've liked pretty much every other element of the comic. It's mildly annoying at best and... you could say pretty insulting at worse. I hope he turns back or we at least see some more emotional depth that 'eeeeeeeeh, I don't care and everyone else likes boobs'.

/end srs business

On the plus side, I'm excited to see what'll happen to Layla if she goes for the kill~.

Double post removed. Octavian, you could have done that yourself; as long as your post is the last one made (which it was), you have a X in the top right corner with which you can delete your own post. The DAMNed

SAGG

Post by SAGG »

QFT. (Sort of) :D

Quote removed. The DAMNed