10-01-11 Slurp Slurp

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

MonCappy

Re: 10-01-11 Slurp Slurp

Post by MonCappy »

verityheld wrote:Final panel-- Brooke had it right, if it's your true nature . . . still, I can't see Layla getting away with it . . . As for Grace's dad . . . . lucky him, he got his wish, he now has a daughter . . . right at the age when boys will be gathering around her. . . as the saying goes, daughters are Mother Nature's revenge on men for being men. I wonder if Layla and Nina's mom will become a sort of surrogate aunt for Grace . . . after all, Grace's mom doesn't seem to be around and there are those details only women need to or should discuss . . .
There is no character in Eerie Cuties by the name of Grace. Are you perchance referring to Ace instead?
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com

Eris Lobo

Post by Eris Lobo »

verityheld wrote:as the saying goes, daughters are Mother Nature's revenge on men for being men.
Can somebody please explain to me just WHAT the hell that's supposed to mean??? :-\
Rowlf!!!

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

A couple of stereotypes piling on top of each other, is all.

'Men are pigs (except to the women and girls related to them by blood)' + 'fathers of daughters get exceedingly protective of their daughters' "innocence"' == 'fathers of daughters will be in a constant state of fear and panic'.
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

theodoric476

Post by theodoric476 »

Eris Lobo wrote:
verityheld wrote:as the saying goes, daughters are Mother Nature's revenge on men for being men.
Can somebody please explain to me just WHAT the hell that's supposed to mean??? :-\
It is a joke, much like the riddle "Why do Grand Parents and Grand Children get along so well?” Answer: “They have a common enemy.” Everybody knows it is an exaggeration and nobody takes the answer seriously but that is what makes it funny. Another example would be "The war between the sexes.” Everybody knows that there is no war or if there is there has so much mingling and cohabitation between the armies.
Birds of a feather flock together,
And so will pigs and swine;
Rats and mice will have their choice,
And so will I have mine. Nursery Rhyme

I may disagree with you but I am pretty sure you are not a NAZI Jon Steward/ The Daily Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiGmgqW6ES8 State Rep. Maureen Walsh (WA. 16th district. R)

We have no enemies, only opponents Ronald Reagan

What luck that men do not think. Adolf Hitler

bokonondeemax

Post by bokonondeemax »

On Ace's dad: Yeah it was a lil squicky at first. But we are having a (very rare) snowstorm here, and all our dogs are inside. So I am relearning the value of licking in canine society ~x(

I am currently improvising a dogsled harness in order to distract and tire the beasts. I see bruises in my future.
Bulls*** makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.

MuchachoNL
Menace to Society

Post by MuchachoNL »

Eris Lobo wrote:In wolf communities ... then the mating female becomes pretty much the most important wolf in the pack for a variety of reasons. ... she decides when she'll allow her mate to copulate with her (and only when SHE wants it!).
Isn't that basically the same here in the human world? :p
Women will allow sex or not... if you're a man and she says no.. you're screwed.

(and no, we're NOT going to discuss raping her as an option! Since it's not.)

And as for the saying that was quoted about daughters being Mother Nature's revenge on men for being men:
Basically, us fathers are over protective about our daughters.
Why? Because we know what men are: horndogs.
We've been walking after our dicks ever since we could walk, and top top that off: it wasn't only litterally between our 16th and 30-35th year, also figuratively.
So yeah, us fathers will be reminded of our OWN hormone induced sexdrives by the time our daughter 'become of age' and start dating, we add those two up, and then we'll be happy to break every little punk's arm, leg and/or neck that tries to even come near our daughters. ;)

Lucky for me I have a son, but when I'll get a daughter... I'll be over-protective as well.
Claiming otherwise would be lying to myself and others.
Freudian Slip: When you say one thing, but mean your mother... err... another.

ceewayne

Post by ceewayne »

My two cents

Werewolves might not see the gender change as a big deal, due to them changing into wolves.

Brooke could be happy to be in Layla's room for one of two reasons, one she might want to be bit (unlikely) or two, she knows what is going to happen and her little snake buddy is gonna chomp on Layla's nose, allow Brooke to sit up and give Layla a lecture about not being the only predator.

Me, I am rooting for Seth! Chomp!

Power_Pachyderms

Post by Power_Pachyderms »

Hmmm....wouldn't it be funny if Brooke leaned up and laid a big old sloppy tongue kiss on Layla? Sort of like 'I'll let you bite if you play tonsil hockey with me' sneak attack. =p~ :ympray: :ympray:
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." ~William Pitt
"Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken
Presenting a different vision of Robotech via illustration...

wrong wolf

Post by wrong wolf »

Well, there another reason Brooke could be happy staying in Layla's room: she actually has the hots for Layla (highly unlikely but that possibility still remains). I know she's argued and fought with Layla before but you know what they say about little boys teasing and pulling little girls' pigtails. :D

I, for one, remain skeptical about speculations about Brooke's preference for the same gender. I belong to the school of thinking of "pictures! or it didn't happen". :-bd
Huh? Nope. Sorry. You've got the wrong wolf. You must be looking for my cousin, right.

Eris Lobo

Post by Eris Lobo »

MuchachoNL wrote:
Eris Lobo wrote:In wolf communities ... then the mating female becomes pretty much the most important wolf in the pack for a variety of reasons. ... she decides when she'll allow her mate to copulate with her (and only when SHE wants it!).
Isn't that basically the same here in the human world? :p
Women will allow sex or not... if you're a man and she says no.. you're screwed.
(and no, we're NOT going to discuss raping her as an option! Since it's not.)
Actually, it does need to be discussed if you're going to compare human and wolf societies.

Male wolves are typically only a little larger than female wolves.
Male wolves will never attempt to copulate with a female wolf until she is fully an adult.
Male wolves do not ever gang up on a female wolf in an attempt to overpower her.

Also, if a female wolf doesn't want to mate, she has a solid frame of finely toned muscle -- PLUS (need I mention) she has a mouth full of very sharp teeth, which are very handy in making sure the point (pardon the pun) gets across.

I'm sorry, but the reality of rape is a reality for primates, but it's not a reality for wolves.

Along with all that, human society sets up situations and pressures for women where it's sometimes difficult for them to avoid copulating with an undesired male. Situations like where a woman is trapped in a marriage but has nowhere to go and no way to survive on her own, so she puts up with a husband she doesn't love and gives in to his desires when she doesn't want. I'm sure you get the picture. Wolf society doesn't have any of that.

Just my two woofs on the topic ...
Rowlf!!!

Power_Pachyderms

Post by Power_Pachyderms »

Eris Lobo wrote:Also, if a female wolf doesn't want to mate, she has a solid frame of finely toned muscle -- PLUS (need I mention) she has a mouth full of very sharp teeth, which are very handy in making sure the point (pardon the pun) gets across.
I'm probably going to catch all kinds of Hell for this....

Now, before I get spammed to death for this (or called everything under the Sun), I believe in The Non-Aggression Principle: It is immoral to initiate force against another human being.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." ~William Pitt
"Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken
Presenting a different vision of Robotech via illustration...

MuchachoNL
Menace to Society

Post by MuchachoNL »

I was joking about that remark.
I'm fully aware that there are some sicko's that WOULD actually rape a woman when she says no.

My remark was made from the point of view from any male forumite here who would NOT rape a woman, as it should be.
And that's exactly why I put it there that I'm not about to discuss the option, since it's vile and repulsive to even consider it.

So please, drop it.. I wasn't 100% clear, sorry.

EDIT:Thanks Pachyderms, you actually helped my statement :)

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

SAGG wrote:
Geeno wrote:I'd like to point out Ace's response to Nina. "That's cute" could be delivered any number of ways to carry any number of attitudes. It strikes me that Ace was being kind of sarcastic, but then just decides "oh, screw it" and kicks back, rather than stressing about it anymore. It's clear that no one, not even her father, wants to take her situation seriously - so she decides not to.
Now, see, even if it's okay for "her", some boys will take it seriously, such as Kade. If anything, Ace may be harassed by girl-crazy boys at school. I guess "she'll" have to go all wolfie on them to keep them off... 8-|
That's true, but it's not an immediate concern. I didn't make it clear, but Ace is relaxing right now, that could change tomorrow. I think Ace's first day back at school is going to be very stressful.
PIXIE MEL!!!

Eris Lobo

Post by Eris Lobo »

MuchachoNL wrote:So please, drop it.. I wasn't 100% clear, sorry.
Subject officially dropped (at least, from my perspective, although somebody else may want to discuss it further). And I'd like to apologize as well for possibly responding a bit too seriously to your off-handed remark. It is, however, a touchy subject for some people here, though.

Enough on that, however ... let's get back to the more frivolous topics, like vampires sucking snake blood in the middle of the night!!! :-bd
Rowlf!!!

MuchachoNL
Menace to Society

Post by MuchachoNL »

On that subject:

Will Seth abandon ship again? :p