07-01-11 One's true nature

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

theodoric476

Re: 07-01-11 One's true nature

Post by theodoric476 »

I think the lesson here is never, ever play Hide and Go Seek with Brooke. Outside of I think you are ok. Oh yes, if she calls you to dinner do not make her look for you! Opps, one more thing, Layla has ovaries of steel. God bless her.
Birds of a feather flock together,
And so will pigs and swine;
Rats and mice will have their choice,
And so will I have mine. Nursery Rhyme

I may disagree with you but I am pretty sure you are not a NAZI Jon Steward/ The Daily Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiGmgqW6ES8 State Rep. Maureen Walsh (WA. 16th district. R)

We have no enemies, only opponents Ronald Reagan

What luck that men do not think. Adolf Hitler

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

WCRI wrote:
Azrael wrote:
Daremo wrote:Skittles!
Taste the rainbow.

So I guess tonight was a big reminder for Brooke that life isn't all beer and Skittles.

[Snooty English Guy]I should say not old chap, it's Claret and cruising.[Snooty English Guy] :p
. . . . ... :-\

I don't get it.

Beer and skittles is plebeian and bourgeois. Snooty English Guy does not do plebeian and bourgeois. [-(
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Eris Lobo

Post by Eris Lobo »

theodoric476 wrote:I think the lesson here is never, ever play Hide and Go Seek with Brooke. Outside of I think you are ok. Oh yes, if she calls you to dinner do not make her look for you! Opps, one more thing, Layla has ovaries of steel. God bless her.
Ovaries of steel? Her egg-producing, estrogen-releasing internal reproductive organs? How on Earth can those ever be thought of as being of "steel"? :-o

Although that does remind me of an old science-fiction essay (by no less than Larry Niven) called "Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex," which explored the physical reasons why Superman and Lois could never have sex or have children ... ;)
Rowlf!!!

theodoric476

Post by theodoric476 »

Eris Lobo wrote:
theodoric476 wrote:I think the lesson here is never, ever play Hide and Go Seek with Brooke. Outside of I think you are ok. Oh yes, if she calls you to dinner do not make her look for you! Opps, one more thing, Layla has ovaries of steel. God bless her.
Ovaries of steel? Her egg-producing, estrogen-releasing internal reproductive organs? How on Earth can those ever be thought of as being of "steel"? :-o

Although that does remind me of an old science-fiction essay (by no less than Larry Niven) called "Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex," which explored the physical reasons why Superman and Lois could never have sex or have children ... ;)
Makes almost as much sense as having balls of steel or any such metaphor. I am reminded of the time where a friend was rowing in a boat with some other women and yell, “Ladies, put your ovaries in it!”

I will say this for Layla, if she loved me (that is a big if) I can think of few people I would want more at my side than Layla.

I may disagree with you but I am pretty sure you are not a NAZI Jon Steward/ The Daily Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiGmgqW6ES8 State Rep. Maureen Walsh (WA. 16th district. R)

WCRI

Post by WCRI »

Azrael wrote:
WCRI wrote: . . . . ... :-\

I don't get it.
Beer and skittles is plebeian and bourgeois. Snooty English Guy does not do plebeian and bourgeois. [-(
No, no. What I didn't get was what you were referencing. I don't know those items. Which did dull the impact of your jest.
Oh, Tiff. Got a body that don't quit and a brain that won't start. By AbstractVagabond
You know, for a major magical watchamacallit-thingy as powerful as this one, it's remarkably easy to activate. Just point and click. By duneshdw

WCRI

Post by WCRI »

theodoric476 wrote:
Eris Lobo wrote:

Makes almost as much sense as having balls of steel or any such metaphor. I am reminded of the time where a friend was rowing in a boat with some other women and yell, “Ladies, put your ovaries in it!”

I will say this for Layla, if she loved me (that is a big if) I can think of few people I would want more at my side than Layla.
Well, if we're going for metallic analogies, why not just say Layla's got some brass?
Oh, Tiff. Got a body that don't quit and a brain that won't start. By AbstractVagabond
You know, for a major magical watchamacallit-thingy as powerful as this one, it's remarkably easy to activate. Just point and click. By duneshdw

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Claret is a kind of wine. Cruising is an activity. Exactly what that activity is depends on when, where, and who the person your asking is.
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Eris Lobo wrote:Although that does remind me of an old science-fiction essay (by no less than Larry Niven) called "Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex," which explored the physical reasons why Superman and Lois could never have sex or have children ... ;)
:)) :)) :)) I loved that one.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

wrong wolf

Post by wrong wolf »

Aren't there snakes that prey on other snakes? :-?

I guess Melusines don't eat snakes cuz Seth seems to safe around Brooke.
Huh? Nope. Sorry. You've got the wrong wolf. You must be looking for my cousin, right.

theodoric476

Post by theodoric476 »

Don Alexander wrote:
Eris Lobo wrote:Although that does remind me of an old science-fiction essay (by no less than Larry Niven) called "Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex," which explored the physical reasons why Superman and Lois could never have sex or have children ... ;)
:)) :)) :)) I loved that one.
http://www.rawbw.com/~svw/superman.html

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

piemanmoo wrote:Brooke never thought to stick her finger down her throat once the adrenaline wore off?
There wouldn`t be any point. A creature that swallows prey whole doesn`t have a gag reflex.

ceewayne

Post by ceewayne »

Is it me or is Brooke's feelings going to get hurt. She struck me as closer to Nina and Chloe so being sent to Layla's bedroom seems like a slap in the face.

Eris Lobo

Post by Eris Lobo »

David Johnston wrote:
piemanmoo wrote:Brooke never thought to stick her finger down her throat once the adrenaline wore off?
There wouldn`t be any point. A creature that swallows prey whole doesn`t have a gag reflex.
That's not quite true, as it depends on the size of what's being swallowed.

My friend swallowed mice whole. I have seen my dog swallow chunks of meat larger than a mouse. They both have gag reflexes.

Also, rats do not have gag reflexes -- they can not vomit up anything they've swallowed (they also don't burp!). However, they don't tend to swallow food whole.

So gag reflexes and eating animals whole don't necessarily go together, in my experience.

I will say, however, that what Brooke did was especially creepy to me, not just because she ate a pet she loved, but because it was still alive when she swallowed it! Can you imagine how horrible that must have been for poor Skittles do die that way? Brrrrrrr .... :(
Rowlf!!!

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

[quote]And Brooke is more happy with a pet that she isn't going to eat.[quote]

Snakes eat snakes all the time. Snake is the perfectly shaped food for a snake.
PIXIE MEL!!!

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

Well, Seth is not an ordinary snake. He seems to have a close mental relationship with Brooke.