Re: 05-01-11 ...hypnotic!

Post by Ravenhull »

@Wrong Wolf: I had the same feeling.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

wrong wolf

Post by wrong wolf »

Yep, which would explain why Brooke became a vegetarian because when she eventually found out what she had done...well...

I was thinking that Mommy Melusine was quite smart and sneaky in letting Brooke keep Skittles as a pet. She knew that Brooke's Melusine nature would eventually rear its ugly head. Yah. Tough love. That's what they call it.

Kinda backfired though. Brooke became a vegetarian.
Huh? Nope. Sorry. You've got the wrong wolf. You must be looking for my cousin, right.

Jenna

Post by Jenna »

wrong wolf wrote:Perhaps it was young Brooke that ate the Skittles! :-o

She said it herself that she found watching Skittles run non-stop quite hypnotic. She found it hypnotic perhaps because of her Melusine predatory instinct. Perhaps it got the better of her and she pounced her "prey". Perhaps she just doesn't remember being mesmerized and all. :-?

Hhhmmm...that's a lot of "perhaps" there. Perhaps I should stop now....
I think so too.

Lindadori

Post by Lindadori »

Oh my, PIGTAILSSSSSSS! I knew there should be the second one!
(The strange thing is that I don't actually have a pigtails-fetish...)
Ah, Italy enslaved, abode of misery,/ pilotless ship in a fierce tempest tossed,/ no mistress over provinces but a harlot! (Dante)

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

It's no wonder Brooke adresses Nina like that; they are at the same age, but Nina usually acts like if she was younger.

Zorlond

Post by Zorlond »

And more evidence that Brooke doesn't take her 'snakey' form often... Or is it that she just didn't want to scare Skittles?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

yiraheerai wrote:I get the same thing from people. They think I'm 12 or something when I'm actually 25 8-|
Mayhaps you should curse more. :-?

Anyone else think mommy Mel quite sexy? :D Must be awesome to gaze into those limpid oily pools she sports for eyes...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

MonCappy

Post by MonCappy »

I don't. I think her quite scary.
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com

Eris Lobo

Post by Eris Lobo »

Jenna wrote:
wrong wolf wrote:Perhaps it was young Brooke that ate the Skittles! :-o
She said it herself that she found watching Skittles run non-stop quite hypnotic. She found it hypnotic perhaps because of her Melusine predatory instinct. Perhaps it got the better of her and she pounced her "prey". Perhaps she just doesn't remember being mesmerized and all. :-?
I think so too.
And I do as well.

Remember that friend I mentioned, oh, a couple of days ago? She said she still can't look at mice without her predatory instincts coming into her thoughts, and she would have a very hard time having a mouse as a pet these days. Rats, however, cause her no problem, but that's because not only are they a lot bigger than mice, but they're also omnivorous predators themselves, just like people and canines. (just because some animals eat rats doesn't mean they're prey animals, any more than the fact that some animals eat humans makes us prey animals ... or does it? *grins*) :)

Speaking of canines and eating meat, studies of coyotes at Yellowstone National Park (among other places) show they actually choose to not be carnivorous at times. Biologists note that rodent remains are found in coyote scat most frequently in winter months, and coyote scat contains mostly remains of fruit and other plants during the summer and fall. One biologist said he once watched a coyote joyfully picking big, fat grasshoppers off the stalks of tall grass in a field and eating them with gusto while a couple of rabbits were eating grass on the ground nearby in plain view of the coyote, and it was clear that the coyote preferred chomping on insects that day to having a bunny brunch. (FYI, I've eaten fresh grasshoppers myself at times, and I have to say they're rather tasty, so I can understand the coyote's preferences). B-)
Rowlf!!!

WCRI

Post by WCRI »

Dave Zero1 wrote:
WCRI wrote: wow... .... I think I just scared myself with this glimpse.
I think you just scared a lot of people.
Two things. First :p :p :p

Second, yeah... that tends to be what happens when I post when I'm all to ready to go to bed. Brain my work don't.

At any rate, the glimpse thing, I realize now it wasn't the "world of meters, gauges, and odometers" but rather the convoluted construct of all the ranking systems that many a person has created. An example thusly, the "sexiness gauge" that I referred to is actually only one of three (that I know of) sexiness ranking systems. More specifically the sex appeal ranking system that runs on a scale of 1-10.
Oh, Tiff. Got a body that don't quit and a brain that won't start. By AbstractVagabond
You know, for a major magical watchamacallit-thingy as powerful as this one, it's remarkably easy to activate. Just point and click. By duneshdw

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

Eris Lobo wrote:Remember that friend I mentioned, oh, a couple of days ago? She said she still can't look at mice without her predatory instincts coming into her thoughts, and she would have a very hard time having a mouse as a pet these days. Rats, however, cause her no problem, but that's because not only are they a lot bigger than mice, but they're also omnivorous predators themselves, just like people and canines. (just because some animals eat rats doesn't mean they're prey animals, any more than the fact that some animals eat humans makes us prey animals ... or does it? *grins*) :)

Speaking of canines and eating meat, studies of coyotes at Yellowstone National Park (among other places) show they actually choose to not be carnivorous at times. Biologists note that rodent remains are found in coyote scat most frequently in winter months, and coyote scat contains mostly remains of fruit and other plants during the summer and fall. One biologist said he once watched a coyote joyfully picking big, fat grasshoppers off the stalks of tall grass in a field and eating them with gusto while a couple of rabbits were eating grass on the ground nearby in plain view of the coyote, and it was clear that the coyote preferred chomping on insects that day to having a bunny brunch. (FYI, I've eaten fresh grasshoppers myself at times, and I have to say they're rather tasty, so I can understand the coyote's preferences). B-)
The extent to which animals eat what's easily available is often under-appreciated. Even wolves will live primarily on small rodents for stretches of the year, because it's easier for each wolf to catch their share of rodents than it is for the pack to bring down a caribou that yields the same nutrition to each pack member. That's part of what wolf packs are defending when they stake out their home range. Bears - class "Carnivora" - gorge on berries, fruits, tubers and occasionally even grasses for the extra calories. They only grab calorie/protein rich meat when it's readily available - salmon runs, seal nurseries and the like.
In times of plenty, they can very particular, too. Bears fishing at the height of the salmon run often just eat the fat rich brains of the fish and discard the rest of it. Sharks will often eat just the skin and subcutaneous fat of seals and penguins when hunting is good, leaving the actual meat to scavengers.

Additionally, I would not doubt for a second that animal palates are as varied as human palates. Some coyotes probably DO like the bugs more than the bunnies when both are equally available. Likewise, some bears like the berries and would continue munching away happily while a "prey" animal grazed placidly nearby.

Nature is a lot more complicated than is sometimes assumed.

Removed remains of accidental double post and pruned quote tree. The DAMNed
PIXIE MEL!!!

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Eris Lobo wrote:Why does it seem that almost everybody in Eerie Cuties has only one parent? Or, at least, we only hear of one (the Delacroix family being an exception)? Can we assume that it's only because there hasn't been a reason in most cases to mention the other parent?
at least in brook's case, there is a plausible explanation
Don Alexander wrote:Anyone else think mommy Mel quite sexy? :D Must be awesome to gaze into those limpid oily pools she sports for eyes...
i'm more of a leg man myself
Yet still, I live...

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Don Alexander wrote:
yiraheerai wrote:I get the same thing from people. They think I'm 12 or something when I'm actually 25 8-|
Mayhaps you should curse more. :-?

Anyone else think mommy Mel quite sexy? :D Must be awesome to gaze into those limpid oily pools she sports for eyes...
Considering I've seen 8 year olds flipping us off, I don't think that's quite it. Besides, I curse plenty, I'm just careful about when and where... most of the time.

I think Brooke's Mom is rather cute. I love her amused/resigned expression when Brooke thanks her for letting her keep Skittles.

Also, a note: When Brooke states that watching Skittles on his little wheel is hypnotic, her eyes are black with a white slit (like her sisters/friends in the last strip) instead of her regular eye color, so you guys could be on the right track about it being her.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Lindadori

Post by Lindadori »

I was noticing that Brooke's mom doesn't wear clothes... is it because melusines usually keep their snake form when they're in their uh, well... nest? home? If so, Brooke is an exception. She might really hate her monster form.
Ah, Italy enslaved, abode of misery,/ pilotless ship in a fierce tempest tossed,/ no mistress over provinces but a harlot! (Dante)