03-01-11 double pepperoni with sausage

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Re: 03-01-11 double pepperoni with sausage

Post by Ravenhull »

Based on her mutterings in the previous comic, I'm not sure Chloe remembers much, if anything, of being nibbled...
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

6 year old Brooke is adorable. And yay for Brooke backstory!

"You ate my friend! At my own party!" =))

And yeah, she said vegetarian, not vegan. It might seem like a case of splitting hairs to those who haven't dealt with either, but there is a big difference. My wife is a vegetarian, and she thinks vegans are hardcore. And after living with her for 5+ years now and seeing what it takes to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle, I agree with her. It's hard enough cutting out animal parts* from a diet, no animal by products either though, I couldn't imagine. Being a vegetarian is a diet choice, being a vegan is a lifestyle choice.

*For example, jello, marshmallows, and a lot of cheeses contain animal parts, just to name a few things you wouldn't think of being vegetarian unfriendly.
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

valencrow

Post by valencrow »

First time poster. Hi everybody. Now for the mean and evil question.

Not to be a jerk but Brooke said she was carnivorous in nature. Why is she still alive? A carnivore has about as much chance of living off plants as I would eating rocks. Only omnivores have the choice to be vegetarians, meatanarian, or omnivorous, Herbivore's can't survive on meat. Carnivores can't live on Veggies. In fact I don't believe a herbivore can be a vegetarian ether as that name employs a choice in their eating habits.
In all seriousness does she take a regime of specialty vitamins and such or what?

I will also be ok with it if she is just using that as an expression and the snake family are actually meat loving omnivores.

I let Nina off on her chocolate thing cause vampires are undead and there is magic involved and such.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

valencrow wrote:there is magic involved and such.
Pretty much this as far as your question goes. Brooke doesn't make sense from a scientific stand point on many points.
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

vince3

Post by vince3 »

I think her being a vegetarian is part of the reason she's so slight and mistaken for a male...

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Not all carnivores are created equal.

'Carnivore' is simply an animal (or sometimes a plant) whose natural diet is primarily, *if not exclusively*, flesh.

Quite a few carnivores can, and do, eat plant material. Dogs are a pretty good example - they can get by quite happily with a primarily plant diet. And, of course, pretty much the same biology supports the hypercarnivorous Polar Bear and the highly specialized herbivore that is the Giant Panda, as well as the more or less omnivorous Brown Bear.

Those who cannot eat plants - or at least, not a significant amount of plant material - are referred to as obligate carnivores. Cats are a good example of them, having severe health problems if they don't get enough of certain animal proteins, such as Taurine.

Snakes are exclusive carnivores. I'm not sure if they're obligate, though it seems likely.

However, humans are not. And melusines are clearly at least as human as they are ophidian. Brooke has no scales in her normal form (or, normal when hanging around non-melusines, at least), has mammaries (in both forms, unlike her more reptilian elements), and isn't effected by temperature the same way real-world cold blooded creatures would be.
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

dragondeathlord

Post by dragondeathlord »

OK that was Just to cute not to like!
I decided to put this in my signature to save time explaining. My eyes are not the best and though I often use and depend on speech recognition software that is not 100%. And I do not always use it to type as it is aggravating. So I typing blind folded half the time or squinting. And the Ease of Access magnifier a pain, some times literally to use. So my typing sucks hard boiled Ostridge eggs through a ten foot straw. So to those that got to deal with it my sincere apologies.

Eris Lobo

Post by Eris Lobo »

BlairFan wrote:I'm glad Brooke doesn't eat live mice, and that I read this page well before breakfast.
I have a close friend who is a therian (a.k.a. therianthrope). Therians are people who experience the phenomena of what's often termed "species dysphoria." Like "gender dysphoria," a therian has mental experiences that cause him or her to feel as if their body is just, well, wrong, and that they should be in the body of a non-human animal (most therians connect with a specific animal, such as a horse, wolf or wild feline, although some never can figure it out for sure). Most therians also at times experience mental "shifts" in which their thought processes and mindsets become like those of a particular non-human animal, to the point that they may lose the capacity of speech, reading and using simple tools (like doorknobs).

How does that relate to Eerie Cuties? I'm glad you asked.

Several years ago, that friend (who connects to wolves) was experimenting with her theriananthropy, and she was doing things (such as lengthy meditation in the woods) to attempt to bring out her non-human nature as strongly as possible. At one point, she said, she started realizing just how strongly she was finding herself attracted to the idea of eating the wild furry creatures she would often see during her forest treks.

After meditating on the issue deeply and talking with her spirit guides (she also does shamanic work), she decided the safest way to explore this desire was to use live feeder mice -- the ones sold in pet shops to be eaten by snakes.

And she did. Three times. On three separate occasions, she bought one, brought them to her work place (she had her own private office), let the mouse run free, and, when lunch time approached, she meditated enough to enter deeply into a lupine mindset ... after which she stalked the mice, pounced on them, grabbed them in her teeth, cracked down on their spines to kill them instantly, and then swallowed them.

She said the feeling of their tails going down her throat was quite memorable.

She stopped after she felt she had accomplished what she needed, and she understood what it was like to actually stalk, attack, kill and eat live prey.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, I'm not making this up.

I just thought all that might be relevant to the current conversation. B-)
Rowlf!!!

theodoric476

Post by theodoric476 »

I have read that the primary reason that you are not supposed to give cats dog food is that cat are pure carnivores and dogs are not. Most dog food has plat food added to it that cats cannot digest.

I have another question on another topic. Who are the snake girls at the party? Are they Brooke's sisters? If so they look about Brooke's age. Where are they? They do not appear to be attending Charbydis Heights. Perhaps one goes to Artemis Academy? If it is a school for hunters, snakes are born to hunt.
Birds of a feather flock together,
And so will pigs and swine;
Rats and mice will have their choice,
And so will I have mine. Nursery Rhyme

I may disagree with you but I am pretty sure you are not a NAZI Jon Steward/ The Daily Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiGmgqW6ES8 State Rep. Maureen Walsh (WA. 16th district. R)

We have no enemies, only opponents Ronald Reagan

What luck that men do not think. Adolf Hitler

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Eris Lobo wrote:On three separate occasions, she bought one, brought them to her work place (she had her own private office), let the mouse run free, and, when lunch time approached, she meditated enough to enter deeply into a lupine mindset ... after which she stalked the mice, pounced on them, grabbed them in her teeth, cracked down on their spines to kill them instantly, and then swallowed them.

She said the feeling of their tails going down her throat was quite memorable.
What was it like when it came out a few hours later? The skeleton must have been almost intact! :D

Lindadori

Post by Lindadori »

Lighthawk wrote:6 year old Brooke is adorable.
6 years old aaannnndddd with pigtails. Cuteness overload!
Ah, Italy enslaved, abode of misery,/ pilotless ship in a fierce tempest tossed,/ no mistress over provinces but a harlot! (Dante)

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

theodoric476 wrote:I have another question on another topic. Who are the snake girls at the party? Are they Brooke's sisters? If so they look about Brooke's age. Where are they? They do not appear to be attending Charbydis Heights. Perhaps one goes to Artemis Academy? If it is a school for hunters, snakes are born to hunt.
I'd lean towards sisters myself, and while the idea that they might attend Artemis academy is an interesting one (and one that if true would raise some questions about how her family views her), I'd sooner bet they do go to Charbydis Heights, but as they aren't main characters we just haven't seen them before now...or have we? I don't suppose anyone would be up for trolling through the archive to try and find a background character that could be a match for a teenaged version of any of those girls?

DrkFire666

Post by DrkFire666 »

Lindadori wrote:
Lighthawk wrote:6 year old Brooke is adorable.
6 years old aaannnndddd with pigtails. Cuteness overload!
Though it has already been said, I think it needs repeating.
Little Brooke is sooooo KYOOT!!!

Caswaltz

Post by Caswaltz »

THAT MOUSE'S FRIENDS ARE DEEEEAAAAAD!

On the topic of dietary needs, unless specified in fictional works, it's safe to assume a humanoid would have the same range as any average human. However, don't assume that means every human's dietary needs and ranges are the same. It's why you should consult a physician before changing your diet and sometime after you've changed it. Some thing may be indigestible to you through certain means. But that's ok here, because it's a comic.

KZK

Post by KZK »

"Melusine" typically refers to a specific medieval mythological person, about whom many variations of stories were written. Not really a class of creature (The same way that Medusa is a mythological person, who happens to be a gorgon).

"Naga" refers to a class of Hindu/Buddhist deities which are part snake part human, where the details on the where the snake ends / human begins is ambigious. The D&D version only has a human head, but relying on D&D is...bad judgement. Cedric from WITCH would be classified this way.

Not really sure what you call someone who shapeshifts between a psuedo-human and a chimera (human/snake) would be called.
It's cheap to maintain Lies and expensive to maintain Trvth.
-KZK's Maxim