Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Re: 22-12-10 pizza in the kitchen

Post by Kamino Neko »

Now you're just playing to the crowd. :p
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Eris Lobo

Post by Eris Lobo »

HEY! I represent that remark!!! Hmmph! ;;)

Quote removed. The DAMNed
Rowlf!!!

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Did Giz say anything about Friday being late or anything?
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Eris Lobo

Post by Eris Lobo »

Actually, she said that they're taking time off for the holidays, so no update today! :((

Rowlf!!!

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

but... but....

NOOOOOOOoooooo......!
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

vader_NOOOO.jpg
vader_NOOOO.jpg (32.44 KiB) Viewed 5112 times

:p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Pinekone

Post by Pinekone »

albert.aribaud wrote: What, and not wear glasses any more? No way. She can wear contact lenses over my dead body. Whatever way I died.
Lmao, Her Velma-like issue seems to always handicap her when glasses are off.
pink wrote: Just had a mental image of Charlie Brown with Didi's tits.

MonCappy

Post by MonCappy »

Eris Lobo wrote:
MonCappy wrote:Her parents are going to want to know what is up with that.
HIS parents!!! HIS parents!!! Even Layla and the other characters acknowledge the fact that Ace is still a boy, despite his external appearances!!!

Let's not forget that oh-so-important fact about our resident wolfie, okay??? /:)

*bounces in righteous indignation*
Ace is physically a girl, so that is how I will reference her.
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com

Eris Lobo

Post by Eris Lobo »

I really don't want to get into an argument, as I'm in a good mood, and it's Christmas Eve (at least, it is for me! *grins*)

Okay, here's the deal ... let's say you're male, and you're talking to somebody on the phone and the connection is screwy, and you sound like a girl to the other person. And let's say the other person keeps referring to you as "female" and calling you "Miss" and "Ma'am," even though you repeatedly tell them you're actually a guy. To them, for all they can sense of you, you're female, even though you know that you are truly a male in how you feel about yourself and how you identify.

Same with Ace. He may appear female to a person's eyes and ears, but he's still male -- and he knows it and all his friends know it.

A woman born in a guy's body considers herself to be a woman and prefers to be referred to as "she" and "female." A man born in a woman's body considers himself to be a man and prefers to be called "he" and "male."

Yeah, it's just a comic, but after thinking over everything that Ace has gone through, I consider it disrespectful to call him a girl unless you're purely referring to his genetic biological functions, and even still, Ace should correctly be referenced as a "he." So, yes, I believe you could ask a question like, "Concerning Ace, can he get pregnant?"

Want more proof? Then check out the first couple of paragraphs of this national news story ... "Thomas Beatie, the controversial "pregnant man" who gave birth to a daughter earlier this year, reveals to Barbara Walters in an exclusive interview that he is pregnant again with his second child. Thomas Beatie, a transgender, welcomed a baby girl, Susan, June 29. Since sharing the story of Susan's birth with ABC News, he and his wife, Nancy Beatie, hadn't spoken to the media until they sat down last month with Walters."

And that's all I hope to say on the matter, because I'm heading to bed with hopes of sugar plums dancing in my head in less than 24 hours ... well, assuming I can figure out what a "sugar plum" is!!! *giggles and bounces"

Rowlf!!!

MuchachoNL
Menace to Society

Post by MuchachoNL »

I love Seth...
He's got the look in his eyes that screams: abandon ship!!! :p
As for the cold blood: She's Melusine, what'd ya expect?
However you would think that for a vampire cold blood would taste the same as cold coffee or cold tea would taste for us... disgusting.

Quick recovery on her bummer from Layla... don't like that one bit.
Freudian Slip: When you say one thing, but mean your mother... err... another.

Eris Lobo

Post by Eris Lobo »

MuchachoNL wrote:However you would think that for a vampire cold blood would taste the same as cold coffee or cold tea would taste for us... disgusting.
Well, I grew up on a ranch in Texas and a mainstay of the house was drinking iced tea, which was kept in the fridge on a constant basis during the summer months and most of the time during the cold weather as well, and we would find it served at pretty much any other house we visited. To say people in the south love iced tea is putting it mildly. And as for iced coffee, well, you might want to contact your local Starbucks, where you'll find it prominently displayed on the menu, and you'll probably see a few ads for it during the summer.

So, to summarize this lengthy educational moment, I love both cold coffee and cold tea, and so do a lot of other people ... and maybe Mama Delacroix might as well? *chuckles*
Rowlf!!!

badwolf

Post by badwolf »

MuchachoNL wrote:I love Seth...
He's got the look in his eyes that screams: abandon ship!!! :p
As for the cold blood: She's Melusine, what'd ya expect?
However you would think that for a vampire cold blood would taste the same as cold coffee or cold tea would taste for us... disgusting.

Quick recovery on her bummer from Layla... don't like that one bit.
Maybe it's like ICED tea (or iced coffee) to vampires? Just a thought. And I completely agree about Seth's sudden departure, that was hilarious...:)
Eris Lobo wrote: So, to summarize this lengthy educational moment, I love both cold coffee and cold tea, and so do a lot of other people ... and maybe Mama Delacroix might as well? *chuckles*
Definitely love both cold tea and coffee, and Mme. Delacroix as well. Oh, wait, that's not exactly what you said, was it? ;)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Azrael wrote:This version was an Orbitally Launched Thermonuclear Bad Pun Stick. Doesn't mean you joke wasn't funny we just have to nuke them all before they spead and destroy the world. :p
I question the sense of attaching a thermonuke to something shot down from orbit. You have to waste massive amounts of material to shield the bomb from reentry when basically all you need is kinetic energy. Of course, you may want your pun so contimanated by radiation that no one will use it for the next 50 years. :P

Also, "it's like an ICBM" is incorrect. Those are suborbital ballistic platforms. The orbital system will actually use propellant to BRAKE the BPS out of orbit. Just "dropping it" from your satellite launcher gives you a BPD floating right next to the satellite...

*takes his hard-hitting BPS solutions very seriously* :-B
Eris Lobo wrote:HIS parents!!! HIS parents!!! Even Layla and the other characters acknowledge the fact that Ace is still a boy, despite his external appearances!!!
Let's not forget that oh-so-important fact about our resident wolfie, okay??? /:)
*bounces in righteous indignation*
GrAce!!

GrAceHerShe!!!

GrAceHerSheGrAceHerSheGrAceHerSheGrAceHerSheGrAceHerSheGrAceHerSheGrAceHerSheGrAceHerSheGrAceHerSheGrAceHerSheGrAceHerSheGrAceHerSheGrAceHerSheGrAceHerSheGrAceHerSheGrAceHerSheGrAceHerSheGrAceHerSheGrAceHerSheGrAceHerSheGrAceHerSheGrAceHerSheGrAceHerSheGrAceHerSheGrAceHerSheGrAceHerSheGrAceHerSheGrAceHerSheGrAceHerSheGrAceHerSheGrAceHerSheGrAceHerShe

*bounce bounce bounce*

:P

I may point out that it's been established the Orb of Tiresias does not just switch physical genders, it strongly messes with brain chemistry as well (see Nino and his love for video games and Brooke's hips). Sure, GrAce wants to be a boy again, and the self-image as a boy is preserved, but even the hormones are working against the himness...

Concerning the "cold coffee or tea" issue. I think at least in terms of coffee, there's a big difference between "cold coffee" (coffee that was hot and was left to go cold) and "iced coffee" (a type of coffee especially prepared with the thought of it being drunk cold). Because cold coffee really is disgusting, whereas iced coffee is great.

I imagine Brooke's blood like a green apple slushy. :D
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Eris Lobo

Post by Eris Lobo »

Don Alexander wrote:Concerning the "cold coffee or tea" issue. I think at least in terms of coffee, there's a big difference between "cold coffee" (coffee that was hot and was left to go cold) and "iced coffee" (a type of coffee especially prepared with the thought of it being drunk cold). Because cold coffee really is disgusting, whereas iced coffee is great.
Actually, the difference is between "coffee that's wonderfully fresh" and "coffee that's been sitting on the warmer for gawd knows how long and has reduced to the consistency where it melts titanium spoons."

I speak of such things from years of experience, for I am privy to deep, dark knowledge and sacred texts that come with the mantle of being a ... <drum roll> ... coffee connoisseur. *puts my fists on my hips and stares into the distance dramatically*

In all seriousness, though, a well-brewed cup of Ethiopian Harar, made from beans roasted from a fine, local establishment within the last week and then ground to the right consistency using a burr grinder, and finally, using water heated not quite to boiling, prepared with a French press and poured into a cup for serving after being the beans have been in contact with the water for exactly four minutes (err ... and, yes, I used to do such things for a cup of Java each morning. Did I mention my coffee fixation was a bit extreme at one point in my life? *giggles*) ... you'll find that the taste is absolutely out of this world, no matter what the temperature. When hot, it starts with a delicate, flowery aroma alongside an aftereffect of citrus hitting your tongue, and, as it cools, a depth of chocolate overtones starts to emerge, such that even when it's cold it remains a truly delightful experience. But all that's assuming it's never reheated, of course, or kept on a warmer, for that absolutely destroys the sensitive body of the roast.

Thank you, class, there will be a test on all this next week. In the meantime, I expect you all to do your own research on Tanzanian beans, and then give me a detailed comparison and contrast with Folger's Crystals.

*skips merrily out of the room*
Rowlf!!!

MonCappy

Post by MonCappy »

I guess I shouldn't mention that I find coffee in nearly all its forms nasty and avoid consuming it whenever possible.
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com