Alternate storyline with crossed genders ... still funny?

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

theodoric476

Re: Alternate storyline with crossed genders ... still funny?

Post by theodoric476 »

Eris Lobo, a suggestion; never read or watch, Azumanga Daiogh, Lucky Star, Pani Poni Dash, Ranma 1/2 or Sgt. Frog.
I take it back. You might engoy Azumanga Daiogh, Lucky Star, Pani Poni Dash, Ranma 1/2 or Sgt. Frog.
Birds of a feather flock together,
And so will pigs and swine;
Rats and mice will have their choice,
And so will I have mine. Nursery Rhyme

I may disagree with you but I am pretty sure you are not a NAZI Jon Steward/ The Daily Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiGmgqW6ES8 State Rep. Maureen Walsh (WA. 16th district. R)

We have no enemies, only opponents Ronald Reagan

What luck that men do not think. Adolf Hitler

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

Eris Lobo wrote: Why do I bring all that up? Because several of the books, including such gems as "Slave Girl of Gor," are written entirely from the view point of women. Depending on your perspective, reading the ones told from a female perspective can be either a hilarious experience or a nauseating waste of time that makes you want to watch a marathon of Gilligan's Island just to bleach the memories from your brain.

Yeah, I confess ... guys don't really make a huge amount of sense to me at times. @-) :D
His men are as mentally odd as his women, reflecting their creator. But so far as I've heard, there are at least as many female Gorean lifestylers as men.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

I've got to say, maybe I'm just a misogynistic prick, but in a lot of ways, that alternate storyline even seemed tamer.

Cassius_Draken

Post by Cassius_Draken »

This is a humor comic. Don´t take the plot out of context; you will enjoy it more.

MonCappy

Post by MonCappy »

Eris Lobo wrote:4) Finally, it was just as morally repugnant for an adult female teacher to make a sexual pass at an underage female student as it would have been for an adult male teach to make a sexual pass an at underage male student. The repercussions of this were circumvented by the fact that the adult teacher in question had in fact been transformed into an entirely different entity than her normal self, and therefore no blame should be allotted her for what she did at the time. This does, however, call attention to the fact that Blair should be held accountable for forcing an adult teacher to make sexual advances toward an underage student, which was not only very illegal but very immoral. The new entity that inhabited Twig's transformed body was, in fact, an extension of Blair's psyche, so without a doubt Blair should be punished accordingly. That, however, is another subject, although I hope it will be handled as it should be.
Precisely, in regards to Blair. Ideally, his soul would be annihilated for his actions. While I dislike Layla, I utterly loathe Blair and consider him a sexual predator. As such, I want him to suffer as much as a creature of his nature can suffer. He's a disgusting, loathsome worm who deserve nothing less than utter destruction.

Quote tree pruned. The DAMNed
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

/:)

Blair!

Makes Hitler look innocent!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Cassius_Draken

Post by Cassius_Draken »

.... Yeah, now Blair is Antichrist

It looks stupid, but some people must remember that EC is a humor comic, not a drama for easy-offendible people. And Blair, Layla, Nina, Brooke, etc... are not real persons, only fictional characters. Catch it?

The people who takes that kind of things so seriously makes the world a little bit more boring

RoninAngel

Post by RoninAngel »

MonCappy wrote:Precisely, in regards to Blair. Ideally, his soul would be annihilated for his actions. While I dislike Layla, I utterly loathe Blair and consider him a sexual predator. As such, I want him to suffer as much as a creature of his nature can suffer. He's a disgusting, loathsome worm who deserve nothing less than utter destruction.
Goddamn, Mon Cappy! You can be a real Debby Downer sometimes. Humor comics can be hard to enjoy without a sense of humor. Lighten up a little.

"LIFE is dangerous, Sandi! EMBRACE LIFE!"
Faith Abbot, to Sandi on Magic Chicks.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

MonCappy wrote: Precisely, in regards to Blair. Ideally, his soul would be annihilated for his actions. While I dislike Layla, I utterly loathe Blair and consider him a sexual predator. As such, I want him to suffer as much as a creature of his nature can suffer. He's a disgusting, loathsome worm who deserve nothing less than utter destruction.
Geeze, relax dude. He's a pervert. Just in the same way Master Roshi, Jiraya, Kon, and god knows how many other characters were/are/will come to be. It's about control, which he lacks, and the Delacroix make up for. Maria got him pretty good when he was peekin' at Ace. Layla's gotten him pretty good. Kujo enjoys him as a snack. If Nina lost some of her innocence (noooooessssss!), he probably wouldn't be getting away with anything at all.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

MonCappy

Post by MonCappy »

Cassius_Draken wrote:.... Yeah, now Blair is Antichrist

It looks stupid, but some people must remember that EC is a humor comic, not a drama for easy-offendible people. And Blair, Layla, Nina, Brooke, etc... are not real persons, only fictional characters. Catch it?

The people who takes that kind of things so seriously makes the world a little bit more boring
It may be a comedy, but it still doesn't change the fact that Blair is utterly repugnant as an individual.
RoninAngel wrote:Goddamn, Mon Cappy! You can be a real Debby Downer sometimes. Humor comics can be hard to enjoy without a sense of humor. Lighten up a little.
I understand this point, I do. If I was that offended by his actions, I wouldn't be reading the strip at all. As it stands, while I do find his actions reprehensible, it does leave me looking forward to his eventual comeuppance in each arc where he plays a role. I do concede his behavior is played for laughs and as such I don't get too angry. It does not change the fact that his type of conduct is wholly unacceptable in any situation outside Eerie Cuties.

Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com

TazTheTerrible

Post by TazTheTerrible »

Yeah that could still be funny, depending on how it's written.

I fully recognize that many of EC's situations wouldn't work out well if they were treated more realistically, but so what? If there's one big reason why I read this comic it's specifically BECAUSE it's not realistic. These are fictional characters in a setting that is obvious fantasy, they don't have to be treated like real people.

Now, I'm all for works of fiction that have an egalitarian point of view, that take into account not to write anything with the unfortunate implications that mire the mainstream in pretty much any medium. But on the other hand I do occassionally enjoy the flaws of our culture.

Yes, there is a disporportionate number of ridiculously hot young girls in this comic and they act in not always super realistic ways.

I think we can all agree that the point of this is obviously to serve as titillation for sexual preferences that appreciate the female form.

But in all the debate that has been going on with all this, when things arise that make you uncomfortable, your first question should be:

Why do I actually have a problem with this particalur thing happening in this particular webcomic?

Pinekone

Post by Pinekone »

as a certain famous youtube musician once said" If I were a girl for a day, I wouldn't wear makeup but I'd wear girls clothes just to f 8-x k with my buddies minds."
pink wrote: Just had a mental image of Charlie Brown with Didi's tits.