13-12-10 That doesn't make sense.

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Count de Money

Re: 13-12-10 That doesn't make sense.

Post by Count de Money »

A pack of rabid weasels armed with shotguns couldn't keep Blair away from this action once he finds out about it.

So far, the reactions are pretty much as I envisioned them to be. Now I wonder how the comic will stay PG-13 with a drunk, clothing-averse succubus on the scene. Pinkies up when chugging, ladies!

Is one bottle of Bailey's for five girls -- at least two of them with drinking experience -- enough?

Sometimes the stupid jokes are the funniest. The "your face" line was one of the best I've read on EC in a while.

I'm going to paraphrase a famous starship captain for a subtitle to the last panel: "My God, Ace. What have I done?"
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I'm going to have to admit I thought the "Your face doesn't make sense!" line was terribly stupid.

Not that I'm not implying it might not be a line Layla would use if her brain failed to come up with a better line in the first instant, mind you. ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

It certainly isn't something we'd expect from Layla but we don't know how spontaneous she can be. Some people don't think well if they're distracted and you can bet she's already wondering how she's going to explain to their mother Nina's drunken state. There's a strong chance that Maria is on her way because Nina's a noisy drunk so a cheap shot fits the bill quite well, given the circumstances.

Makkabee

Post by Makkabee »

Once again, I don't think this is normal alcohol. The reactions are way too fast, even for booze-virgins.
"What Makkabee said." -- Giz

Geomancer

Post by Geomancer »

Ummm... I may be reading this wrong but did it look to anyone else like Brook transformed into Chloe?

bokonondeemax

Post by bokonondeemax »

Chloe's body is sensing weakness nearby and going into predator mode.

Mrs. Love really needs to educate that girl better....
Last edited by bokonondeemax on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bulls*** makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.

TheEighth

Post by TheEighth »

Hmph....Chloe has the hiccups, but there are no pheromone hearts?
What a drag.
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Don Alexander wrote:What do we learn?? Chloe really can't hold her liquor!
Yes, but can she hold her licker? :p

Macarius wrote:A drunken succubus... :-s ...this can't be good, but should be quite humorous.

[sings]What do you do with a drunken succ..*BANG BANG BANG BANG* *SQUAAaaaaaaak sqeek*

We'll have none of those kinds of shenanigans around here. *blows smoke away from .45*
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

I would probably have written Layla's line to Ace as "Your mouth doesn't make sense, so shut It!" But, no big deal.
Nina in Layla's clothes! ;=D

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I don't know why I'm just now noticing this, but I think I've found proof that Brooke has drank with Seth. It's hard to see, but in the third panel, he's got this "Ooohh gimme!" sort of reaction while Brooke chugs it down.

So now we have a drunk snake on our hands too, possibly.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

TJgalon

Post by TJgalon »

I think it worries me that atm, (unless brooke not effected by it) Layla and ace are the only sober ones atm. Though once again, Ace has shown to speaking up on something again.
"Somebody just stake me now"

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

@yiraheerai: I think it's more of a :-o look, myself...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

2nd panel he's looking down the bottle :D
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

On the 2nd panel, I think he looks a bit like a begging dog.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

to me its more like a curious cat :D, cept he's a snake.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?