Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Re: Chloe and Brooke

Post by Fen »

BobDole wrote:
Storm-forge mystique wrote:No.

I'm going to say the couple should be Brooke and Ace.

Not that Ace should be trapped in female form; rather, he should be able to shift at will. It's just that Brooke will find herself only attracted to him in female form.

Any similarity in premise to adult comics, with any greater, lesser, or equal amount of secrecy between the parties involved, is purely coincidental.
Can I just say I don't get this? If you fall for someone, you're falling for who they are, not what they are. If you're falling for what they are then you've kind of got problems.
Bob, are you saying that if your SO would suddenly switch genders, stripping him/her from almost all elements that you found physically attractive, nothing would change? Inside that counts and all that blablalba, but outside counts. a lot.
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

BobDole

Post by BobDole »

I am saying exactly that, yes.

I'm saying that love has no bias, internal, external, choice, pre-programmed, none whatsoever.

I'm 100% saying that love crosses all boundaries that we may try to put on it. That's what makes it so powerful.

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

So you would go gay for your beloved?
That's the thing. They don't just become unattractive; the entire nature of sex with them changes, and that changes the relationship.
They wouldn't just stop loving each other, but the need for sexual gratification would have to be served outside the relationship.
All of this assumes they aren't bi, but either strictly homosexual or heterosexual.
PIXIE MEL!!!

BobDole

Post by BobDole »

You're again assuming that love needs the physical. I don't believe that's true.

You hear a lot of talk about different kinds of love, but that's not really true. It's one kind of love with a lot of different ways we act on it. We even have a myriad number of names for all these different ways of choosing to act on love - oedipal, heterosexual, gay, platonic, familial, incest, lesbian, homosexual, friendship, etc...

BrianX

Post by BrianX »

Geeno wrote:So you would go gay for your beloved?
That's the thing. They don't just become unattractive; the entire nature of sex with them changes, and that changes the relationship.
They wouldn't just stop loving each other, but the need for sexual gratification would have to be served outside the relationship.
All of this assumes they aren't bi, but either strictly homosexual or heterosexual.
It does happen in some couples where one of the partners makes a gender transition. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

TakerFoxx

Post by TakerFoxx »

While it's true that love transcends gender, the nature of the love changes depending on orientation. If Brooke is only into girls and Ace remains a girl, then yeah, I can see a romantic relationship developing between them. However, if he goes back to being a guy and Brooke ceases to be attracted to him as a result, then the status of the relationship would likely change. There would still be an intense emotional bond and they would deeply care for each other, but the romance bit would become...complicated. Not saying that it's impossible for Brooke to, I don't know, learn to like guys for Ace's sake, but it takes a very rare person to go that far. More likely then not they would become very close friends rather than staying lovers.

That being said, Brooke/GrAce ftw. :p
Start running.

Please?

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

I do agree about Brooke and Ace. I hope Brooke is bi so it wouldn't matter what Ace is. They're sweet together <<shipper fantasies>>>.
PIXIE MEL!!!

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Could be interesting dynamic that I've seen in a few other stories in which half of a couple is a genderbender and the 'normal' one doesn't care which the first is at any given time.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

TakerFoxx wrote:While it's true that love transcends gender, the nature of the love changes depending on orientation. If Brooke is only into girls and Ace remains a girl, then yeah, I can see a romantic relationship developing between them. However, if he goes back to being a guy and Brooke ceases to be attracted to him as a result, then the status of the relationship would likely change. There would still be an intense emotional bond and they would deeply care for each other, but the romance bit would become...complicated. Not saying that it's impossible for Brooke to, I don't know, learn to like guys for Ace's sake, but it takes a very rare person to go that far. More likely then not they would become very close friends rather than staying lovers.

That being said, Brooke/GrAce ftw. :p
What I've been trying to say, but much better. Right down to Brooke/GrAce ftw.
PIXIE MEL!!!

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Ravenhull wrote:Could be interesting dynamic that I've seen in a few other stories in which half of a couple is a genderbender and the 'normal' one doesn't care which the first is at any given time.
I think they call that "Ranma fanfic."

TakerFoxx

Post by TakerFoxx »

Bada-ching.
Start running.

Please?

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Well, 99% of them doesn't have Akane having no problem with it... unless it centers on one particular subject matter. They exist, but most are set well after the manga events.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

MuchachoNL
Menace to Society

Post by MuchachoNL »

BobDole wrote:You're again assuming that love needs the physical. I don't believe that's true.
No, he assumes that a healthy Relationship with your significant other needs the physical.
At least in the first 20 years.
That is what he's saying.
And I agree with him... or her...

Shit, we need a male/female indicator under the "Location" :s
Freudian Slip: When you say one thing, but mean your mother... err... another.

BobDole

Post by BobDole »

So if a woman and man fall in love and one of them is a quadriplegic they can't really be in love because it can't be physical for one of them? I don't agree. The physical may be one of the most intimate ways of showing love, but it is not the only way people can experience that kind of closeness, nor is it a requirement.

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

MuchachoNL wrote:
BobDole wrote:You're again assuming that love needs the physical. I don't believe that's true.
No, he assumes that a healthy Relationship with your significant other needs the physical.
At least in the first 20 years.
That is what he's saying.
And I agree with him... or her...

Shit, we need a male/female indicator under the "Location" :s
Yes, that's it exactly. They would still love each other, but the relationship would be changed to something different than it was.
PIXIE MEL!!!