Chloe and Brooke

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Re: Chloe and Brooke

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I think for different people, there are different requirements for who we seek in a romantic partner.

Now, "Love" as a word can be bandied about and mean many different things. I'm a straight guy, and I have no attraction towards other men. Not that there's anything wrong with guys who do... I've had plenty of gay friends, and my current gay friend Chauncey is one of my favorite co-workers to work opposite. But I have two guy friends I've known since high school. They're my best friends. I can say that I "Love" them - if I could have chosen brothers, I would have chosen them. But it doesn't mean I have any romantic inclination towards them.

Attraction is a far different issue than love. And I may sound like an old fogey, but when you're in your teens you're more often just addressing attraction and not love. Attraction is more often physical, but not always. This is that "spark" that people claim to feel... or not feel, if you're unlucky enough to get the "oh, I like you as a friend... I just don't feel that way about you" talk.

I believe there's been enough hinted at that Brooke may find other girls attractive. We haven't seen whether or not she finds boys attractive or not. It could be an interesting exploration into the psyche if Brooke and Ace had the beginnings of a mutual attraction if Ace was a girl, and then he got changed back to a boy. Chloe has seemed very flustered and a bit embarrassed by her nature as a succubus so it's hard to tell what gender she might be attracted to. However, if her mother's comment is any hint, it's quite possible that succubi are equal opportunity party girls in general. ;)

theodoric476

Post by theodoric476 »

One of the faults of the English language is the overuse of the word, "Love." It has come to express different types of pleasures, emotions and bonds. For instance people make love. Some people love Ice cream, but that is different than the love one might have for his or her country. I, myself, love my m other and loved dad. But it is a different sort of love than I have for my sisters, or the affection I sometimes describe as love for my cat or the love I might have for a walk in the park on a nice, spring day I might love a good book. I realize that love my sisters have for me is different than the love they have for their husbands and that is different for the love they have for their children. The love they have for their husbands might be different than the love their daughters have for their husbands or the boyfriends they had before. There was a time in Western Civilization that two men could love each other in a platonic sort of way. It was often considered deeper than the love a man might show for a woman because it was not physical. When a heterosexual male tells another male, perhaps on a battlefield, "I love you man!" he is probably expressing a different sort of love than he has for his wife back home. Love is not physical. That is lust. But it can have a physical aspect to it. I will, to my dieing day believe that love two people have for each other can be and usually is different than the cove two people who have a physical relationship have or making a life together has.
Birds of a feather flock together,
And so will pigs and swine;
Rats and mice will have their choice,
And so will I have mine. Nursery Rhyme

I may disagree with you but I am pretty sure you are not a NAZI Jon Steward/ The Daily Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiGmgqW6ES8 State Rep. Maureen Walsh (WA. 16th district. R)

We have no enemies, only opponents Ronald Reagan

What luck that men do not think. Adolf Hitler

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

But people need to physically express "love" <romantic def>, if they can't do that in their primary relationship, they will have to fulfill that need elsewhere. Some relationships can withstand that kind of "division of labor", but most cannot.
PIXIE MEL!!!

theodoric476

Post by theodoric476 »

As implied in the term, "Make love" in comparison to the term, "fucking." When two people start to share a bed we call them, "Lovers." On the other hand when someone takes on an adulterous affair the new partner is often refuted to as a "Lover." That physical expression need not always be sex, though usually it does. It might involve something like cuddling, kissing, holding hands or holding one's lover's hand and reading to them as they lay dieing in a hospital bed. Sharing one’s bed with another by itself does not mean by itself that you share a love but that reality is one in which we tend to confirm one sort of love as complained to other forms of love.

Quote removed. The DAMNed
Birds of a feather flock together,
And so will pigs and swine;
Rats and mice will have their choice,
And so will I have mine. Nursery Rhyme

I may disagree with you but I am pretty sure you are not a NAZI Jon Steward/ The Daily Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiGmgqW6ES8 State Rep. Maureen Walsh (WA. 16th district. R)

We have no enemies, only opponents Ronald Reagan

What luck that men do not think. Adolf Hitler

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Is it kind of sad that all this talk about what love is and what it isn't just makes me think of a certain song?

*resists posting part of the song with a certain Night at the Roxbury .gif*

There are types of love that transcend certain labels, though. I have quite a few friends that I share this type of love with. We're not lovers, but we're closer than friends. We're not sisters. We'd hold each other at any time, should that be something one of us needed. Each one of us is special and we connect with each other in a special way. There's no easy way to describe exactly what we have.

Lame as it might sound, anyway.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

Again - there's "Love" and there's "Love" - English doesn't really help us in this discussion. One kind of love can transmute into another. We love pizza, and ice cream, and parents, and siblings, and friends, and parents, and boy/girlfriends, and spouses. and all manner of relationships. The point I was making is that the relationship morphs if the sex of one person in it changes. Now that I think on it, it's just as applicable to multi-person relationships, like a circle of friends. A groups' relationships can be disturbed just as much as romantic relationships by such a thing.
PIXIE MEL!!!