06-12-10 Lookit me!

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Geeno

Re: 06-12-10 Lookit me!

Post by Geeno »

Yeah, I just see as two strong personalities clashing somewhat obliquely. They're not direct antagonists; they're not interested in any of the same things, really. They just rub each other the wrong way.
PIXIE MEL!!!

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

There's the question that how closely Seth is connected to Brooke (remember that she blushed when Chloe kissed Seth). If he's attracted to Layla, does that mean that so is Brooke?

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

She blushed when Chloe kissed Seth because she isn't innocent enough to be oblivious to a girl kissing something phallic.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

theodoric476

Post by theodoric476 »

II really do like how the people and the dialog bubbles keep going outside the frames on this page!
Birds of a feather flock together,
And so will pigs and swine;
Rats and mice will have their choice,
And so will I have mine. Nursery Rhyme

I may disagree with you but I am pretty sure you are not a NAZI Jon Steward/ The Daily Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiGmgqW6ES8 State Rep. Maureen Walsh (WA. 16th district. R)

We have no enemies, only opponents Ronald Reagan

What luck that men do not think. Adolf Hitler

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

Is Ace some kinda relative of Wile E. Coyote, or does he have a fatal case of foot-in-mouth syndrome?

If I were in the EC world, I'd have to resist a strong urge to cuff Ace on the back of his thick skull. He doesn't realize he's infiltrated the inner sanctum of female secrets without trying, and if he'd sit back, shut up and pay attention, he'd possess the equivalent of the Holy Grail for teenage guys.

The last few updates have gone a long way toward "humanizing" Layla. She's not the "too cool for school" perfect little ice queen she tries to portray herself as; she's a normal teenage girl -- well, as normal as any Charybdis Heights student gets -- with all the normal self-doubts and flaws.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

@Count de Money:
I do love girl-Ace with the wolf ears. She is so adorable.
PIXIE MEL!!!

Suntiger

Post by Suntiger »

Hehe, I'm with Ace actually. They do look silly. Well, sexy and silly, but more of the later than the former. :))
Also, great expressions throughout, but the evil smirk exchange between Layla and Brooke is just sublime. "Ok, call the fight and let's get him." =))
WCRI wrote:Is it just me or does Brooke seem to have a thing for Layla?
I don't think so. Like some of the others have said, they just have slightly antagonistic personalities regarding each other.

Which brings me to:
yiraheerai wrote:I saw the second panel and about flipped out. How.. can Ace laugh at that? That's every lesbian and straight man's fantasy right there.
MonCappy wrote: If she was at all attracted to the female half of the species, she would have been far too mesmerized by the girls antics to laugh. It makes me wonder if Ace is now attracted to boys in her current body. At the same time, I wonder if her reaction would have been the same had she witnessed that or a similar scene as a boy.
Because there isn't any sexuality/sensuality in their pillow fight? Possibly Ace's balls haven't dropped yet (ignoring his current shape) and he's just too immature to see their fight as erotic, but I think he just didn't associate it with any sexual context and he would have reacted the same as a boy.

He does after all seem to be aware of females as attractive, he just isn't the stereotypical teenage male horndog.
Possibly affect by hormones in his current body too, but I think it's unlikely since he had a very male mindset while in the shower.
Non-horndog male mindset I should perhaps add.

All in all, I'm with Gil Hamilton on this one. Every girl-girl interaction isn't secretly homoerotic, not even in the minds of every male viewer.
Though obviously in some. :p

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

@Suntiger: "heh heh heh... you said 'girl-girl'... heh heh heh..."
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

theodoric476

Post by theodoric476 »

It was good to see Ace kaugh and sometimes a good laugh is worth a makeover. We shall see.
Birds of a feather flock together,
And so will pigs and swine;
Rats and mice will have their choice,
And so will I have mine. Nursery Rhyme

I may disagree with you but I am pretty sure you are not a NAZI Jon Steward/ The Daily Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiGmgqW6ES8 State Rep. Maureen Walsh (WA. 16th district. R)

We have no enemies, only opponents Ronald Reagan

What luck that men do not think. Adolf Hitler

Suntiger

Post by Suntiger »

Ravenhull wrote:@Suntiger: "heh heh heh... you said 'girl-girl'... heh heh heh..."
Heh, I'll make sure to keep the caffeine away from you...
Plan B: Have a roll of TP ready for your bunghole. :p

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

David Johnston wrote:
Aquila89 wrote:There's the question that how closely Seth is connected to Brooke (remember that she blushed when Chloe kissed Seth). If he's attracted to Layla, does that mean that so is Brooke?
She blushed when Chloe kissed Seth because she isn't innocent enough to be oblivious to a girl kissing something phallic.
I always thought it was for Nina's "Have you ever kissed the snake?" line.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

@Suntiger: I can't stand 99.9% of B&B, but somehow I'm mentally stuck with that little bit... L-) 8-} #-o
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

MonCappy

Post by MonCappy »

Suntiger wrote:Hehe, I'm with Ace actually. They do look silly. Well, sexy and silly, but more of the later than the former. :))
Also, great expressions throughout, but the evil smirk exchange between Layla and Brooke is just sublime. "Ok, call the fight and let's get him." =))
WCRI wrote:Is it just me or does Brooke seem to have a thing for Layla?
I don't think so. Like some of the others have said, they just have slightly antagonistic personalities regarding each other.

Which brings me to:
yiraheerai wrote:I saw the second panel and about flipped out. How.. can Ace laugh at that? That's every lesbian and straight man's fantasy right there.
MonCappy wrote: If she was at all attracted to the female half of the species, she would have been far too mesmerized by the girls antics to laugh. It makes me wonder if Ace is now attracted to boys in her current body. At the same time, I wonder if her reaction would have been the same had she witnessed that or a similar scene as a boy.
Because there isn't any sexuality/sensuality in their pillow fight? Possibly Ace's balls haven't dropped yet (ignoring his current shape) and he's just too immature to see their fight as erotic, but I think he just didn't associate it with any sexual context and he would have reacted the same as a boy.

He does after all seem to be aware of females as attractive, he just isn't the stereotypical teenage male horndog.
Possibly affect by hormones in his current body too, but I think it's unlikely since he had a very male mindset while in the shower.
Non-horndog male mindset I should perhaps add.

All in all, I'm with Gil Hamilton on this one. Every girl-girl interaction isn't secretly homoerotic, not even in the minds of every male viewer.
Though obviously in some. :p
You make some valid points here. I would like to offer one counterpoint, however. When Nina was transformed into a boy and encountered Brooke, it did not take long for her to notice how nice Brooke's legs were (her words). She was only a boy for a matter of hours and as a boy there were several differences in personality. Her patterns of speech were different, she was more commanding, and more aggressive considering how she threatened to pound Blair when caught up to him and before being transformed back.
Here are some links below to what I am talking about.

Different Speech Patterns

Sample 1
Sample 2
Sample 3

Notice how Nina's language become slightly coarser during the course of those three strips. I simply can't see girl Nina using that language (although to be fair, it isn't like anything she said as a boy was actually foul).

Increased Aggressiveness

Sample 1
Sample 2

Noticing Girls

Sample

I happen to think Dave and Giz missed an opportunity to tell some interesting stories by turning Nina back into a girl so soon. I think there could have been some amusing tales to be had if Nina had been stuck as a boy the same way Ace was. Considering the numerous alterations in personality Nina experienced as a boy, I would suspect Ace would experience personality changes as well the longer she remains a girl.

You know what would be interesting to see? I think if Ace actually became more assertive as a girl, it would make for a startling development. One thing I have noticed about Ace is that as a boy he did not like straying away from his comfort zone. Ever since he has been turned into a girl, she has been forced further and further away from that zone. This could potentially lead to an opportunity for growth on Ace's part if she seizes the opportunity being offer. Whether or not it would carry over after returning to her birth gender remains to be seen.
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

Adamas wrote: I always thought it was for Nina's "Have you ever kissed the snake?" line.
No - Chloe says that "I'm blushing from kissing a snake!", Brooke also blushes, and that's why Nina asks her if she kissed the snake too.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Brooke is soooo cute in the upper left. I didn't know she could tease so well. Must be something about Layla that brings it out of her! :-)